REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Walking Dead (Comic Discussion) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/676592-walking-dead-comic-discussion.html)

JKam 11-14-2012 03:21 PM

Walking Dead (Comic Discussion)

Alright I got tired of having to spoiler everything, figured the comics deserved its own thread.

THERE ARE TV SPOILERS HERE!!!

Since the show is coming up on the phone calls so early I'm trying to remember what happens...

Last I remember Carl picked up the phone and told Rick that he's nuts, what happens with the phone after that??? Or was the last time we saw it after Rick had sex with Jesse and told "Lori" she wasn't even real?

StylinRed 11-14-2012 06:20 PM

he pretty much cured himself with time and consoling i can't remember when exactly but i think it was when he started banging that other chick carol? who took out carls eye

DanHibiki 11-14-2012 08:48 PM

are we to assume that everyone is update to date in the comics? because i would like to bring out stuff that happened after issue 100

StylinRed 11-14-2012 09:52 PM

im fine with that :)

DanHibiki 11-14-2012 09:57 PM

In that case...

WHY GLENN NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Also not surprised that Rick and Andrea hooked up. I was expecting him and michonne to at some point.
Posted via RS Mobile

StylinRed 11-14-2012 10:02 PM

i couldnt see glenn being too useful anymore unless they killed off his wife etc; i think thats why they added Jesus as an ally since he seems to be a more elite scout/fighter/etc anyhow

Iceman-19 11-14-2012 10:11 PM

Yeah, poor Glenn! Can't wait for 104!
Posted via RS Mobile

DanHibiki 11-14-2012 10:14 PM

But he was the only Asian. ;_;

I don't think I've gotten used to any of the newer people. Glenn was one of the originals so its hard to see him go. Who's left from the original group? Rick, Carl, Sophia, Maggie, Andrea?
Posted via RS Mobile

wingies 11-14-2012 10:47 PM

^^Yea thats about it, I didnt even realize it till you listed it out

Glenn died a nasty nasty death, it was gruesome. Cant wait till that scientist dude finds a way to make bullets and they can start taking out Ngean or wahtever

Ronin 11-14-2012 10:57 PM

Okay, what the fuck, Carl...you fucking fuck.

k00laid 11-14-2012 11:36 PM

oh shit new issue out yesterday/today!

JKam 11-15-2012 08:39 AM

yes we are to assume everyone is up to date... I mean it only comes out once a month haha.

As for Glenn... Jesus is like an upgraded version of Glenn. Upset about it still but I guess it had to happen.

Iceman-19 11-15-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingies (Post 8081700)
^^Yea thats about it, I didnt even realize it till you listed it out

Glenn died a nasty nasty death, it was gruesome. Cant wait till that scientist dude finds a way to make bullets and they can start taking out Ngean or wahtever

That niggah caught. No more bullets.
Posted via RS Mobile

wingies 11-15-2012 01:07 PM

whta? did i miss something? is the scientist guy dead? Last thing i rmb was when he was with abraham looking for the equipment and abe died

edit: and yes, WTF carl. Like seriously what was he thinking? btw that jesus guy is pretty awesome lol

ShadowBun 11-15-2012 01:14 PM

lol Carl. come on!

StylinRed 11-15-2012 09:15 PM

rofl he was pretty badass though

Iceman-19 11-15-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingies (Post 8082068)
whta? did i miss something? is the scientist guy dead? Last thing i rmb was when he was with abraham looking for the equipment and abe died

edit: and yes, WTF carl. Like seriously what was he thinking? btw that jesus guy is pretty awesome lol

Yeah when the big black dude gets killed the gang injures and grabs him.
Posted via RS Mobile

StylinRed 11-16-2012 01:02 AM

no, he's back with the group he even spoke to Rick afterwards about what happened and he wanted to pursue finding materials but Rick told him they were going to bend over to nehgan

last issue i think

DanHibiki 11-16-2012 01:11 AM

Without spoiling. Is all this talk about Carl in issue 104? (I skimmed the last few comments)
Posted via RS Mobile

StylinRed 11-16-2012 01:35 AM

yes

DanHibiki 11-19-2012 09:10 AM

Man this is why I don't read the comics month to month. That issue literally took me 5 min! Gotta build it up and have plenty to read. See you guys in a year!

And ya. Fuck stupid Carl.
Posted via RS Mobile

JKam 11-19-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 8082623)
no, he's back with the group he even spoke to Rick afterwards about what happened and he wanted to pursue finding materials but Rick told him they were going to bend over to nehgan

last issue i think

yeah scientist guy is back at base and they're going to create bullets in secret. Isn't that what the plan was?

And Carl wtf... I can't see anything good happening from that.. Maybe Jesus and Carl meet up and take over from the inside?

JKam 11-20-2012 11:13 AM

figured this belonged here especially with the potential spoilers..

Anyone think that Maggie in the show is going to get tortured like Michonne in the comic? I think that's going to be a stretch since they REALLY tamed the Woodbury arc. Woodbury doesn't even seem that bad of a place and the governor seems like a normal guy (minus his zombie daughter). He's nowhere near as crazy as comic governor...

The way they portray Andrea in the show is really poor too. I was excited when he was going on the wall since she "was a pretty good shot" but it went to a bow and arrow lol. It's too bad the show is deviating from the comic so much.

nabs 11-20-2012 11:28 AM

hmm must start reading comics... seems intersting. hopefully i can download them all..to many to buy so expensive, lol.

Ronin 11-20-2012 11:45 AM

The Governor is disappointing so far. It's weird that the best characters in the comics totally suck in the show.

So you have a book full of people that died. So what? The Governor in the comics is sadistic and evil and so is Woodbury. This Woodbury seems like a great place to be...and Michonne should've just shut the fuck up and stayed. So what if the Governor has a zombie daughter? Weirder shit happens in the comics.

Sure, people get killed but only the ones that either try to fuck around like Michonne or the ones that go out with Merle. It seems like if you just want to be safe, keep your head down and get an easy job like teach kids to read or rake leaves in the streets or whatever, you can have a pretty good life with hot showers, clean clothes and food. Yeah, we have to watch WWF with zombies acting as the cage but whatever...actually, that sounds awesome. If it's fake, those guys knew what they were getting into.

It's the zombie apocalypse. I think there are more outrageous than watching grown men consent to fighting amongst zombies. The way Merle talks about it, no one's gotten hurt so accidents are probably minimal. Not like wrestlers haven't died on the job in the WWE.

All you have to do when the Gov asks if you want to be a murderous thug is say "Nah, thanks man but is it cool if I do something else? I have skills elsewhere. I can cook or paint or whatever but I'm not cool with the murder so if I could stay here and be of use elsewhere, that would be great. Doesn't seem like you have a shortage of thugs. That dude has a knife for a hand."

DOESN'T SOUND SO BAD NOW DOES IT MICHONNE? All you had to do was be nice and not a nosy bitch.

At least he doesn't just put you in a room and rape you repeatedly like in the comics.