REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Constant Pimples appearing, how to stop it?

I am finding that pimples are constantly appearing on my face and wondering if you guys got suggestions to stop this ?

About myself:

-Don't eat fried foods or oily foods (diet is rice, vegatables, meat, fruits in equal portions)
-Don't drink coffee
-wash my face once every hour
-Don't take any sort of vitamins
-Drink more than 8 cups of water/day
-Non-smoker or drinker
-Get 7.5 hours of sleep each day but I sleep at 2 30am each night
-Don't use any sort of face lotion except "Vaseline"

What do you guys think?

tru_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
Surprisingly enough, I find that being non-stressed and non-depressed actually helps quite a bit.

You don't need to wash your face every hour. Just make sure your face is moisturized enough not to continuously produce oil on your dry skin. I wash my face once in the morning, then I take a shower or two some time during the day, then I wash up before I sleep. I also apply a little dab of moisturizer. (I use Kiehl mens)
Old 04-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #3
I don't get it

Washing your face too often can make things worse.

Also get a lotion that's non-comedogenic.
ryugeeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #4
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

go to your family doctor and get the cream tactuo (known as epiduo as well in the states). apply twice a day and you'll be good. theres too many causes for acne, nobody really knows. also use cetaphil as a wash
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru..azn View Post
I am finding that pimples are constantly appearing on my face and wondering if you guys got suggestions to stop this ?

About myself:

-Don't eat fried foods or oily foods (diet is rice, vegatables, meat, fruits in equal portions)
-Don't drink coffee
-wash my face once every hour
-Don't take any sort of vitamins
-Drink more than 8 cups of water/day
-Non-smoker or drinker
-Get 7.5 hours of sleep each day but I sleep at 2 30am each night
-Don't use any sort of face lotion except "Vaseline"

What do you guys think?
As others have mentioned, stress?
Get some exercise to de-stress. And washing your face once every hour....what do you wash it with? It sort of sounds excessive. Even if your face gets naturally oily, just get a damp paper towel and wipe it off.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #6

maybe you should try sleeping earlier than 2:30am?

everything on the list seems good, just that part.
E.D.C.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2013, 10:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack3d View Post
go to your family doctor and get the cream tactuo (known as epiduo as well in the states). apply twice a day and you'll be good. theres too many causes for acne, nobody really knows. also use cetaphil as a wash
+1 for cetaphil. Used in combination with cetaphil moisturizing cream before going to bed, great results.

If you find cetaphil too mild, can always go for Spectro facial wash. They're sold at superstore in the cosmetic section.

And other general rules, change bed sheets frequently, try not to touch your face too much, keep areas moisturized.

I would suggest to stop using vaseline and dont wash your face every hour lol that's too much
jjson is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2013, 10:33 PM   #8
RS controls my life!

Washing face once every hour is going to seriously deprive your face of moisture...

How severe is your acne anyways?
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:56 PM   #9
I subscribe to Revscene

Thanked 1,179 Times in 301 Posts
try changin your pillow case
mayb u shud buy this op
http://www.clarisonic.ca/

Posted via RS Mobile
boatcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:59 PM   #10
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
was this pre or post giving the gifts to your girl-friend?
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
As others have mentioned, stress?
Get some exercise to de-stress. And washing your face once every hour....what do you wash it with? It sort of sounds excessive. Even if your face gets naturally oily, just get a damp paper towel and wipe it off.
nope i don't have any stress and I do work out. I just wash it off with cold water
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.D.C.5 View Post
maybe you should try sleeping earlier than 2:30am?

everything on the list seems good, just that part.
Yea it could be. I do get around 8 hours of sleep tho...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjson View Post
+1 for cetaphil. Used in combination with cetaphil moisturizing cream before going to bed, great results.

If you find cetaphil too mild, can always go for Spectro facial wash. They're sold at superstore in the cosmetic section.

And other general rules, change bed sheets frequently, try not to touch your face too much, keep areas moisturized.

I would suggest to stop using vaseline and dont wash your face every hour lol that's too much
So cetaphil is like a face lotion or face wash? I do change bed sheets often and I only use little bits of vaseline when I go out
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGnoRE View Post
Washing face once every hour is going to seriously deprive your face of moisture...

How severe is your acne anyways?
Thing is if I don;t wash it once an hour, my face gets really oily...so acne is what ppl call Pimples? Its not that serious, just a few like 8 small ones on my face
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy89 View Post
was this pre or post giving the gifts to your girl-friend?
its been like this for 2 months now
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatcaptain View Post
try changin your pillow case
mayb u shud buy this op
clarisonic

Posted via RS Mobile
yupp. I change pillow cases once every 2 weeks
Old 04-18-2013, 11:33 PM   #12
RS controls my life!

I see. The reason why I asked was because if you had serious acne, oral medicine might have been a good option.

I think the reason why your face becomes so oily if you don't wash your face frequently is probably because you've made your face is accustomed to the habit of constantly removing oil from your face. Its like smokers who constantly spit feel the urge to keep spitting because their saliva glands are constantly producing more to counter the spitting.

Also washing your face with water doesn't really cleanse the skin. You should use cetaphil and non-comedogenic moisturizer.

Do you touch your face often? If yes, you shouldn't. Scratching or popping pimples can make it spread to the surrounding.
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2013, 11:44 PM   #13

Quote:
I see. The reason why I asked was because if you had serious acne, oral medicine might have been a good option.

I think the reason why your face becomes so oily if you don't wash your face frequently is probably because you've made your face is accustomed to the habit of constantly removing oil from your face. Its like smokers who constantly spit feel the urge to keep spitting because their saliva glands are constantly producing more to counter the spitting.

Also washing your face with water doesn't really cleanse the skin. You should use cetaphil and non-comedogenic moisturizer.

Do you touch your face often? If yes, you shouldn't. Scratching or popping pimples can make it spread to the surrounding.
any brand of non-comedogenic moisturizer you can reccomend? How much does cetaphil sell for at Superstore? so its located where the shampoos/gel are?

I don't touch my face often. So if i get a pimple, i should just leave it? does it go away once its formed?
Old 04-18-2013, 11:59 PM   #14

Quote:
So cetaphil is like a face lotion or face wash? I do change bed sheets often and I only use little bits of vaseline when I go out
Cetaphil has both moisturizing lotion and a face wash, both of them are oil free. The point is to keep your skin hydrated and let it be able to "breathe". Vaseline which contains oil will block your pores from breathing and not letting the acne heal.
jjson is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjson View Post
Cetaphil has both moisturizing lotion and a face wash, both of them are oil free. The point is to keep your skin hydrated and let it be able to "breathe". Vaseline which contains oil will block your pores from breathing and not letting the acne heal.
so where can I buy this Cetaphil product? so they are sold in packs of two (lotion+face wash) ?

so by buying Cetaphil, I am good to go? any other products I should use?
Old 04-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #16
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
how old are you? if it is teenage acne caused by hormones, nothing over the counter will really work. You will need to go on prescription medication if it is that bad. if it is adult acne, I would seriously consider evaluating your diet. When I say evaluate your diet, I don't mean to out junk food. Sometimes acne can be caused by food allergies, dairy, gluten etc. It could be anything though, from hormones, to foods you are/aren't eating, to sleeping with hair product in your hair (i get acne when i sleep without washing my hair and the crap gets on my pillow and on my face overnight).

Skin conditions is usually your body's way of saying that it is expelling toxins that are inside your body.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #17
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:

I was always told that popping zits can cause it to spread, but I personally don't believe it. I rather pop it and risk it spreading than to have a zit sit around and annoy me for days. Even with topical creams, zits last a few days, and is annoying.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
how old are you? if it is teenage acne caused by hormones, nothing over the counter will really work. You will need to go on prescription medication if it is that bad. if it is adult acne, I would seriously consider evaluating your diet. When I say evaluate your diet, I don't mean to out junk food. Sometimes acne can be caused by food allergies, dairy, gluten etc. It could be anything though, from hormones, to foods you are/aren't eating, to sleeping with hair product in your hair (i get acne when i sleep without washing my hair and the crap gets on my pillow and on my face overnight).

Skin conditions is usually your body's way of saying that it is expelling toxins that are inside your body.
I'm 25. I have short hair so I don't really need to gel it or apply hair products. My acne is not really that bad, maybe just like 8-10 small pimples on my skin.

the annoying thing is that once you pop it, the wound doesnt seem to heal and becomes a red/light brown spot on your forehead.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
I was always told that popping zits can cause it to spread, but I personally don't believe it. I rather pop it and risk it spreading than to have a zit sit around and annoy me for days. Even with topical creams, zits last a few days, and is annoying.
so what usually happens if you just let the pimple as it is? does it disappear by itself?
Old 04-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #20
Female Driven

Stop washing your face so often. Maybe only three times a day. And stop using vaseline!! It blocks your pores and your skin can't breathe. Use a waterbase moisturizer. If your face gets too oily, just blot it with tissue paper (dont wipe though or it may irritate your skin)

Changing your moisturizer will definitely change the oil producing behaviour of your skin
Posted via RS Mobile
FI-Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by FI-Z33 View Post
Stop washing your face so often. Maybe only three times a day. And stop using vaseline!! It blocks your pores and your skin can't breathe. Use a waterbase moisturizer. If your face gets too oily, just blot it with tissue paper (dont wipe though or it may irritate your skin)

Changing your moisturizer will definitely change the oil producing behaviour of your skin
Posted via RS Mobile
any water base moisturizer you can recommend and where can i buy it?

btw i only put on vaseline when i go out so its only on me for 3-4 hours
Old 04-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #22
I subscribe to Revscene

Thanked 1,179 Times in 301 Posts
go to lush n buy this op
Skin Drink - Lush Canada

and try n not eat this.it smells like real cupcake
http://www.lush.ca/Cupcake/06095,en_...esh-face-masks
boatcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #23

Quote:
any water base moisturizer you can recommend and where can i buy it?

btw i only put on vaseline when i go out so its only on me for 3-4 hours

Why would you put on vaseline before you go ut?
I heard of putting some below the eyes before bed, to tighten up the skin the next day, but that's it.

And you never pop pimples, it'll scar.

Someone mentioned, definitely change your pillow case nightly. use a t-shirt if you don't have 7 pillow cases.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:05 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
Why would you put on vaseline before you go ut?
I heard of putting some below the eyes before bed, to tighten up the skin the next day, but that's it.

And you never pop pimples, it'll scar.

Someone mentioned, definitely change your pillow case nightly. use a t-shirt if you don't have 7 pillow cases.
I just apply bits of it under my eye when i go out thats it. I never apply it to the forehead etc

changing your pillow case nightly is a bit extreme no? i change it once a week
Old 04-19-2013, 10:21 PM   #25
Female Driven

Then your problem is that you dont use any type of moisturizer. When you dont moisturize your skin gets really dry hence it produces its own oil yo compensate. Start moisturizing... as for waterbased moisturizer...khiels have few for men. I personally like shiseido
Posted via RS Mobile
FI-Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: