REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2013, 11:22 PM   #26
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
tru_blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 872
Thanked 54 Times in 36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FI-Z33 View Post
Then your problem is that you dont use any type of moisturizer. When you dont moisturize your skin gets really dry hence it produces its own oil yo compensate. Start moisturizing... as for waterbased moisturizer...khiels have few for men. I personally like shiseido
Posted via RS Mobile
Thanks for the info, I will go check out Khiels !!

tru_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:32 PM   #27
RS controls my life!
 
heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 777
Thanked 858 Times in 142 Posts
i had a really bad acne problem as an early teen. being that young i was trying everything to get rid of it. what really helped was getting any hair away from my face, like if you have long hair or something. also i didnt touch my face after i scratched my head or anything. your hair is really oily and that might be a small problem. after getting rid of the bad habbits acne stopped appearing. what i do now to stop them from showing up is washing my face twice to three times a day. in the morning i'll get a towel and get it wet with warm-hot water. squeeze the water out then wash my face, not so much scrubbing but more like wipping. then i'll repeat this step but with a cold towel. i do this in the morning after the gym and at night. hope this helps!
heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:43 PM   #28
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tru..azn View Post
I'm 25. I have short hair so I don't really need to gel it or apply hair products. My acne is not really that bad, maybe just like 8-10 small pimples on my skin.

the annoying thing is that once you pop it, the wound doesnt seem to heal and becomes a red/light brown spot on your forehead.
hmm.. for me, once it is popped, it may be red for a few hours, but settles down pretty fast, unless it is the odd monster pimple lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru..azn View Post
so what usually happens if you just let the pimple as it is? does it disappear by itself?
yea they do. from my experience it takes over a week to fully go away (to the point where you can't feel it at all). I don't like it naturally going away because it get to the point where its big and almost unpoppable...

At 25 I would monitor what you are eating.. see if it is more prevalent when you eat certain foods.. Maybe try seeing a food allergist or a Naturopath

Washing your face every hour is extreme. I consider my skin pretty oily and i Only wash my face before and after I get out of bed. The more you wash your face, the oilier your face will get since you are stripping its natural oils (kinda like how people say don't wash your hair too much).
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:02 AM   #29
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
tru_blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 872
Thanked 54 Times in 36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
hmm.. for me, once it is popped, it may be red for a few hours, but settles down pretty fast, unless it is the odd monster pimple lol



yea they do. from my experience it takes over a week to fully go away (to the point where you can't feel it at all). I don't like it naturally going away because it get to the point where its big and almost unpoppable...

At 25 I would monitor what you are eating.. see if it is more prevalent when you eat certain foods.. Maybe try seeing a food allergist or a Naturopath

Washing your face every hour is extreme. I consider my skin pretty oily and i Only wash my face before and after I get out of bed. The more you wash your face, the oilier your face will get since you are stripping its natural oils (kinda like how people say don't wash your hair too much).
some ppl say that if you don't pop the giant ones, the so called "poison" stay on your face. Dunno if that is true

so how old are you? do u still have acne problems?
tru_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:15 AM   #30
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
tru_blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 872
Thanked 54 Times in 36 Posts
so a friend of mine has suggested me these 2 products for my situation, has anyone used Clarins men products before?

ClarinsMen Super Moisture Balm (no oily effect)

ClarinsMen Exfoliating Cleanser
tru_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:42 AM   #31
Big Drama Show
 
jayare604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Goodboy Nation
Posts: 5,733
Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
jayare604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:43 AM   #32
Big Drama Show
 
jayare604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Goodboy Nation
Posts: 5,733
Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
also, there are two types of acne - cystic and the regular pimples you get

cystic pimples suck, they're huge and you can't really pop them, unless you want scarring
jayare604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:41 AM   #33
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tru..azn View Post
some ppl say that if you don't pop the giant ones, the so called "poison" stay on your face. Dunno if that is true

so how old are you? do u still have acne problems?
Let's just say I am older than you, lol. I still get zits but the odd one here and there. I had a bit of acne when I was a teen but nothing that concerning. I remember going on a topical solution that was presribed. It went on with those foam type roll on applicators. It was an antibiotic from what I remember. Worked like a charm, but once you sweat, you could smell it lol. And it wasn't cheap.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:11 PM   #34
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: 604
Posts: 506
Thanked 466 Times in 126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tru..azn View Post
so where can I buy this Cetaphil product? so they are sold in packs of two (lotion+face wash) ?

so by buying Cetaphil, I am good to go? any other products I should use?
im sure superstore has them and no they dont come in packs. I just find using the two in conjunction works best for me (it might not for you). Also, you might not see any results within a week or so but try to keep at it (especially moisturizing before you go to sleep). If it worsens, try different face wash + moisturizer
jjson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #35
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
tru_blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 872
Thanked 54 Times in 36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjson View Post
im sure superstore has them and no they dont come in packs. I just find using the two in conjunction works best for me (it might not for you). Also, you might not see any results within a week or so but try to keep at it (especially moisturizing before you go to sleep). If it worsens, try different face wash + moisturizer
wow I just googled them up and they are like $24 each so thats $48 for both.

Is that how much they usually cost?

My acne is not really that bad, not like my whole face has pimples. Its just like a few on the both sides of my chin

My forehead has a scar mark since I popped a big one a week ago
tru_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #36
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
woob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,189
Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
Try Shoppers? The 500+ mL bottle of Cetaphil cleanser is like $16 IIRC. They last a while, though.

I found I like Cerave products better than Cetaphil, though. The CeraVe moisturizer (blue one in the tub) is cheap and works great (non-comedogenic as well). It "absorbs" very fast so you don't get the greasy lotion-on-skin-feeling for very long.

I've also moved on to Cerave foaming cleanser instead of the Cetaphil gentle cleanser. I tried both, applied each to one half of my face and the Cetaphil side broke out more (by more I mean like 2 pimples compared to none on the Cerave side).
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #37
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
tru_blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 872
Thanked 54 Times in 36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
Try Shoppers? The 500+ mL bottle of Cetaphil cleanser is like $16 IIRC. They last a while, though.

I found I like Cerave products better than Cetaphil, though. The CeraVe moisturizer (blue one in the tub) is cheap and works great (non-comedogenic as well). It "absorbs" very fast so you don't get the greasy lotion-on-skin-feeling for very long.

I've also moved on to Cerave foaming cleanser instead of the Cetaphil gentle cleanser. I tried both, applied each to one half of my face and the Cetaphil side broke out more (by more I mean like 2 pimples compared to none on the Cerave side).
i might go to superstore later cause they have no tax event today.

does superstore sell Cerave products also?

so is Cetaphil products non-comedogenic too?
tru_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:57 PM   #38
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
tru_blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 872
Thanked 54 Times in 36 Posts
so anyone here have experience with Clarin mens products? the ones i linked above ^ ?
tru_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #39
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
woob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,189
Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tru..azn View Post
does superstore sell Cerave products also?

so is Cetaphil products non-comedogenic too?
no idea

yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru..azn View Post
so anyone here have experience with Clarin mens products? the ones i linked above ^ ?
Never tried them, but those look... really expensive.

If you're looking into exfoliators, I just ordered some of these so i can let you know it goes.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:48 PM   #40
My homepage has been set to RS
 
MelonBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,101
Thanked 169 Times in 91 Posts
I have the same problem as you. I tend to break out onces in a while and have a mild acne problem i've been trying to get rid of for years!

This is the product im currently using now.. (just started using it not to long ago)
Acne Treatment | Best Acne Treatment | Get Rid of Acne Now!
Its not bad, I havent had any major break outs and its keeping my acne to the min.
(The last product I used shiseido, I broke out like mad.. my face looked like someone shot gun me with pimples)


Key things I find that help
- Sleep (7-9 hours)
- Sleep early! (I noticed when i break up its usually when I sleep late at 2-3am, regardless of if i get my 7-9hours)(My brother reacts the same also, he tries to sleep before 12)
- Water! drink lots of it
- Wash your face morning & night, if your face feels really oily during the day just rinse it with some cold water & pat dry
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by getalove View Post
i took a shit in the shower and i tried to use my heel to push it down the drain
MelonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #41
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
a lot of you guys are attacking this issue with medication and "reaction" treatments... You should try cleansing your body from the inside out.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #42
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Excelsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lala land
Posts: 2,797
Thanked 3,545 Times in 692 Posts
Eat like shit and look like shit, best way is to find out which foods work with you and which don't and cleanse your body once in a while lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:39 PM   #43
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
tru_blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 872
Thanked 54 Times in 36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
a lot of you guys are attacking this issue with medication and "reaction" treatments... You should try cleansing your body from the inside out.
how do you clean your body from inside out? shit it out ?
tru_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:44 PM   #44
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
tru_blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 872
Thanked 54 Times in 36 Posts
Buy Cetaphil products from Canada at Well.ca - Canada's online health, beauty, and skin care store Free Shipping

so I bought these 2 products from Cetaphil at superstore today

*used them both and my skin is so much more smoother now, the cleanser works like a charm

Superstore is cheaper that this online store too ^ $17.99 compared to $21.29
tru_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #45
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
tru_blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 872
Thanked 54 Times in 36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelonBoy View Post
I have the same problem as you. I tend to break out onces in a while and have a mild acne problem i've been trying to get rid of for years!

This is the product im currently using now.. (just started using it not to long ago)
Acne Treatment | Best Acne Treatment | Get Rid of Acne Now!
Its not bad, I havent had any major break outs and its keeping my acne to the min.
(The last product I used shiseido, I broke out like mad.. my face looked like someone shot gun me with pimples)


Key things I find that help
- Sleep (7-9 hours)
- Sleep early! (I noticed when i break up its usually when I sleep late at 2-3am, regardless of if i get my 7-9hours)(My brother reacts the same also, he tries to sleep before 12)
- Water! drink lots of it
- Wash your face morning & night, if your face feels really oily during the day just rinse it with some cold water & pat dry
Have you tried Clarins Men products?

If sleeping early is one of the cures, then it must suck for ppl who work graveyard shifts cause they start work at like 2am-9am....they must have mad pimples then

You used the Shiseido cleanser or moisturizer?
tru_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #46
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tru..azn View Post
how do you clean your body from inside out? shit it out ?
are you being serious? it's called eating clean foods, and subtracting foods that are causing your body to react negatively (ie zits and other conditions). aka cleansing.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #47
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
tru_blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 872
Thanked 54 Times in 36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
are you being serious? it's called eating clean foods, and subtracting foods that are causing your body to react negatively (ie zits and other conditions). aka cleansing.
hahahaa i was just joking about that
tru_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #48
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tru..azn View Post
hahahaa i was just joking about that
okokok
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:32 PM   #49
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
tru_blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 872
Thanked 54 Times in 36 Posts
So i noticed there are alot of products for ACNE at Superstore yesterday (cleansers & moisturizers), so is Cetaphil the best one sold at Superstore?
tru_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:40 PM   #50
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
Marshall Placid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,296
Thanked 1,934 Times in 494 Posts
Posted via RS Mobile
Marshall Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net