REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   On a scale of 1-10 how much do you relate to this pic? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/685639-scale-1-10-how-much-do-you-relate-pic.html)

H.Specter 06-26-2013 03:27 PM

On a scale of 1-10 how much do you relate to this pic?

http://i.imgur.com/jBGHI0i.jpg

6. feelsbadman.

Akinari 06-26-2013 03:30 PM

tl;dr

Energy 06-26-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akinari (Post 8269019)
tl;dr

:suspicious:

Uhh maybe a 5 for me? Too many safe choices made.

Hondaracer 06-26-2013 03:36 PM

never grow up, never tie yourself down, never let someone tell you who to be, never not do what you want

predom 06-26-2013 03:44 PM

Posted via RS Mobile

Yodamaster 06-26-2013 03:56 PM

Those are exactly the things I'm against... so... 0-1? The only thing I can relate to is trying to blend in, but that's not because I'm against being unique, it's because I have anxiety.

dinosaur 06-26-2013 04:00 PM

you really think anyone is going to stand up and say, "YES! 10! I 100% RELATE"?? No way dude...

Everyone thinks they are different. Everyone is going to claim to be a 1. Everyone expects to be the one who goes against the grain, contribute to the world, stand-out in the crowd, reject the status quo, and have their name known. Nobody plans to be a lemming their entire life, but the majority end up just as that. 90% of people are more like the above sad graphic than anything else.

Is this sad? Maybe. Are these people happy? Maybe. By posting this in an attempt to show us that you think you are better than this sad graphic is really telling us that you ARE this graphic and are desperate not to be.

Good luck with that.

Also: http://www.revscene.net/forums/65334...ad-thread.html

Infiniti 06-26-2013 04:05 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...4/whatever.gif

Gnomes 06-26-2013 04:13 PM

Notice that in the picture, there is no family involved aside from parents. No wife, kids, grand kids, siblings, friends, etc.

As a lazy introvert, I personally dont mind being seen as an unremarkable man. Being remarkable means more responsibility and work. Nothing wrong being average. Being sub-par contributor to society is a major problem though. Out of 100 people who strive for greatness, how many do become great? We only hear success stories and not the story of people who tried, didnt work out, back to their unremarkable average life.

StylinRed 06-26-2013 04:18 PM

the only thing relate-able is #4 except replace facebook in that picture with revscene :lol

Ulic Qel-Droma 06-26-2013 05:39 PM

lol the truth is unless you're a millionaire or an artist or something, you're pretty much average.

bcrdukes 06-26-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma (Post 8269121)
lol the truth is unless you're a millionaire or an artist or something, you're pretty much average.

Shut up. I'm a 0 because hipster. :troll:

:alone:

spideyv2 06-26-2013 05:43 PM

http://external.ak.fbcdn.net/safe_im...8_b.jpg&jq=100

murd0c 06-26-2013 05:47 PM

If you don't change your life when you aint happy, you're the only one to blame in the end!!

Noir 06-26-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinosaur (Post 8269056)
you really think anyone is going to stand up and say, "YES! 10! I 100% RELATE"?? No way dude...

Everyone thinks they are different. Everyone is going to claim to be a 1. Everyone expects to be the one who goes against the grain, contribute to the world, stand-out in the crowd, reject the status quo, and have their name known. Nobody plans to be a lemming their entire life, but the majority end up just as that. 90% of people are more like the above sad graphic than anything else.

Is this sad? Maybe. Are these people happy? Maybe. By posting this in an attempt to show us that you think you are better than this sad graphic is really telling us that you ARE this graphic and are desperate not to be.

Good luck with that.

Also: http://www.revscene.net/forums/65334...ad-thread.html

Bingo!

People who fall for such a cheap graphic are the exact same people who keep posting motivational quotes/graphics on my facebook newsfeed. They post these kinda shit to make themselves feel better, or wise, but really, they're the last people who take their own motivational advice.

But hey, whatever makes them look like they are what they preach. :/

Sid Vicious 06-26-2013 05:57 PM

reminds me of this pic
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/sheeple.png

Yodamaster 06-26-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

The measure of a man (or woman) has nothing to do with how rare or valuable his or her possessions are. I respect those that play music on the street far more than the millionaires that inherited a vault full of cash.

I don't know what to think of that comment, other than it being a shallow view of human worth.

bloodmack 06-26-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Pretty much sums up the fact that this thread is more related to how much money you earn and what you do with it.

There is no 'average' when it comes to living your life.

Hondaracer 06-26-2013 07:57 PM

Experiences > Possessions/money

Easy for someone who is not wealthy to say I suppose though but make the best of what ya got
Posted via RS Mobile

AzNightmare 06-26-2013 08:00 PM

Actually no. I don't think I'm a "1"
As a pipe dream, sure, I wish I was a 1. But deep inside, I know I don't have the skills, life wise or educational wise, and I don't prioritize being so wealthy in order to invest time to develop skills to get there. And even if I do, there's no guarantee I'll become "successful" anyway.

I'll admit I'm a 6. I'm at step 6 according to that picture, and I actually see no problem with that. Society always tries to show how "boring" life is with this structure. And it's almost like a propaganda to encourage people to go take a chance with an unorthodox career. Unless it's from inheritance, think again, becoming filthy rich, or die trying to, is no "cake-walk" with lots of fun either.

Not everyone's a dream chaser, because it always has risks and sacrifice with it. And not everyone's a risk taker or willing to sacrifice so much. How many wannabe-successful businessmen fell short and ended up broke. Just because you put your mind to something and work your ass off doesn't always mean you will succeed. So many athletes that tried to go professional fell short.

The bottom line is, this structure exists, because it's the safest way to have a comfortable life. (Note, "comfortable" doesn't mean being a multi-millionaire where you have so much money that you don't even know what to do with.)

And some people are happy doing just that, because, it offers the best balance in life. There are way too many successful businessmen or pro-athletes who don't have time for their family or anything else. Because they are constantly working. They become workaholics, and that's all they know. And it's not a coincidence that they built their "empire" from being a workaholic. It's pretty much the only way. They have no time for friends, because life is constantly only about networking. To find the person to befriend just so you can climb a ladder to further your business.

As "poor" as I am standing beside a businessman, I wouldn't want all the stress and responsibility of it. It's just not for me. And I have no problem admitting that I'm one of those office "robots".

JDął 06-26-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Bullshit. There are incredible people all over the world from chemists to snowboarders to history professors.

Also, 1/10 simply because I haven't started my own business... yet.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jayare604 (Post 8269124)

Actually, not everyone is gonna make it. In fact the vast majority won't because they expect success to come to them rather than working their asses off for it. Stupid pic, sorry.

bing 06-26-2013 08:15 PM

^Aren't you an air force pilot? I would say that's not average at all. In fact, that's fucking sweet.

MindBomber 06-26-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinosaur
Is this sad? Maybe. Are these people happy? Maybe.

I'd like to weigh in.

Do I think this is sad? No. Are these people happy? The majority, yes.

Why?

Personal fulfillment is relative.

Cool. Relaxed. Fascinating. Exciting. Rebelious. Unique. Family Person. Adventurous. Rich. Academic. Artistic. Athletic. Successful. Popular. Famous.

All are ideals.

All are fundamentally equal, we just have our own unique preferences.

If one individuals preference is to be a relaxed family person, that's not objectively better than another persons' preference of being an adventurous artist.

so, there can be no average, and therefore, people don't need to worry about being it.

I'm 0-1 and I'd be just as happy to be a 10.

I'm just me, and it's as simple as that.

westopher 06-26-2013 10:04 PM

I feel the pain of 7, although I plan on remedying that very soon. Helllloooooo rosetta stone.

PJ 06-26-2013 10:46 PM

I can honestly say that I'm a 1, not that it matters in the slightest. (The 1 is from the language one... I just don't have any interest in learning another language. At least, not in this point in time.)

A lot of people are completely happy working the 40+ hour weeks and coming home to their family every day. Nothing wrong with that.

I turned down the 6-figure salary, which allowed me to start the business, write the book, sign the record deal, meet the people, live in the loft, drive the cars, play the guitars, clink the glasses, and so on.

But the trade-off is, I have a LOT less money than I would have if I just took the high-paying job. I don't regret a thing, and would not/could not put a price on my experiences.

That's just me, and that's what I value and want out of life. Everyone's priorities will be different.