REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
On a scale of 1-10 how much do you relate to this pic?

6. feelsbadman.
Advertisement
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,221 Times in 1,387 Posts
tl;dr
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #3
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
tl;dr

Uhh maybe a 5 for me? Too many safe choices made.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #4
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
never grow up, never tie yourself down, never let someone tell you who to be, never not do what you want
Old 06-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #5
Banned By Establishment

Posted via RS Mobile
predom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #6

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Those are exactly the things I'm against... so... 0-1? The only thing I can relate to is trying to blend in, but that's not because I'm against being unique, it's because I have anxiety.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:00 PM   #7
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
you really think anyone is going to stand up and say, "YES! 10! I 100% RELATE"?? No way dude...

Everyone thinks they are different. Everyone is going to claim to be a 1. Everyone expects to be the one who goes against the grain, contribute to the world, stand-out in the crowd, reject the status quo, and have their name known. Nobody plans to be a lemming their entire life, but the majority end up just as that. 90% of people are more like the above sad graphic than anything else.

Is this sad? Maybe. Are these people happy? Maybe. By posting this in an attempt to show us that you think you are better than this sad graphic is really telling us that you ARE this graphic and are desperate not to be.

Good luck with that.

Also: http://www.revscene.net/forums/65334...ad-thread.html

Last edited by dinosaur; 06-26-2013 at 04:18 PM.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #9

Notice that in the picture, there is no family involved aside from parents. No wife, kids, grand kids, siblings, friends, etc.

As a lazy introvert, I personally dont mind being seen as an unremarkable man. Being remarkable means more responsibility and work. Nothing wrong being average. Being sub-par contributor to society is a major problem though. Out of 100 people who strive for greatness, how many do become great? We only hear success stories and not the story of people who tried, didnt work out, back to their unremarkable average life.

Last edited by Gnomes; 06-26-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #10
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
the only thing relate-able is #4 except replace facebook in that picture with revscene
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2013, 05:39 PM   #11
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,502 Posts
lol the truth is unless you're a millionaire or an artist or something, you're pretty much average.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #12
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,437 Times in 4,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
lol the truth is unless you're a millionaire or an artist or something, you're pretty much average.
Shut up. I'm a 0 because hipster.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #13
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #14
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,576 Times in 4,294 Posts
If you don't change your life when you aint happy, you're the only one to blame in the end!!
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #15
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
you really think anyone is going to stand up and say, "YES! 10! I 100% RELATE"?? No way dude...

Everyone thinks they are different. Everyone is going to claim to be a 1. Everyone expects to be the one who goes against the grain, contribute to the world, stand-out in the crowd, reject the status quo, and have their name known. Nobody plans to be a lemming their entire life, but the majority end up just as that. 90% of people are more like the above sad graphic than anything else.

Is this sad? Maybe. Are these people happy? Maybe. By posting this in an attempt to show us that you think you are better than this sad graphic is really telling us that you ARE this graphic and are desperate not to be.

Good luck with that.

Also: http://www.revscene.net/forums/65334...ad-thread.html

Bingo!

People who fall for such a cheap graphic are the exact same people who keep posting motivational quotes/graphics on my facebook newsfeed. They post these kinda shit to make themselves feel better, or wise, but really, they're the last people who take their own motivational advice.

But hey, whatever makes them look like they are what they preach. :/
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #16
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
reminds me of this pic
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2013, 06:06 PM   #17

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
The measure of a man (or woman) has nothing to do with how rare or valuable his or her possessions are. I respect those that play music on the street far more than the millionaires that inherited a vault full of cash.

I don't know what to think of that comment, other than it being a shallow view of human worth.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #18
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
Quote:
Pretty much sums up the fact that this thread is more related to how much money you earn and what you do with it.

There is no 'average' when it comes to living your life.
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:57 PM   #19
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
Experiences > Possessions/money

Easy for someone who is not wealthy to say I suppose though but make the best of what ya got
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2013, 08:00 PM   #20
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,978 Times in 1,684 Posts
Actually no. I don't think I'm a "1"
As a pipe dream, sure, I wish I was a 1. But deep inside, I know I don't have the skills, life wise or educational wise, and I don't prioritize being so wealthy in order to invest time to develop skills to get there. And even if I do, there's no guarantee I'll become "successful" anyway.

I'll admit I'm a 6. I'm at step 6 according to that picture, and I actually see no problem with that. Society always tries to show how "boring" life is with this structure. And it's almost like a propaganda to encourage people to go take a chance with an unorthodox career. Unless it's from inheritance, think again, becoming filthy rich, or die trying to, is no "cake-walk" with lots of fun either.

Not everyone's a dream chaser, because it always has risks and sacrifice with it. And not everyone's a risk taker or willing to sacrifice so much. How many wannabe-successful businessmen fell short and ended up broke. Just because you put your mind to something and work your ass off doesn't always mean you will succeed. So many athletes that tried to go professional fell short.

The bottom line is, this structure exists, because it's the safest way to have a comfortable life. (Note, "comfortable" doesn't mean being a multi-millionaire where you have so much money that you don't even know what to do with.)

And some people are happy doing just that, because, it offers the best balance in life. There are way too many successful businessmen or pro-athletes who don't have time for their family or anything else. Because they are constantly working. They become workaholics, and that's all they know. And it's not a coincidence that they built their "empire" from being a workaholic. It's pretty much the only way. They have no time for friends, because life is constantly only about networking. To find the person to befriend just so you can climb a ladder to further your business.

As "poor" as I am standing beside a businessman, I wouldn't want all the stress and responsibility of it. It's just not for me. And I have no problem admitting that I'm one of those office "robots".
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM

Last edited by AzNightmare; 06-26-2013 at 08:06 PM.
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:08 PM   #21
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
Bullshit. There are incredible people all over the world from chemists to snowboarders to history professors.

Also, 1/10 simply because I haven't started my own business... yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
Actually, not everyone is gonna make it. In fact the vast majority won't because they expect success to come to them rather than working their asses off for it. Stupid pic, sorry.

Last edited by JDął; 06-26-2013 at 08:14 PM.
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #22
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

^Aren't you an air force pilot? I would say that's not average at all. In fact, that's fucking sweet.

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #23
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur
Is this sad? Maybe. Are these people happy? Maybe.
I'd like to weigh in.

Do I think this is sad? No. Are these people happy? The majority, yes.

Why?

Personal fulfillment is relative.

Cool. Relaxed. Fascinating. Exciting. Rebelious. Unique. Family Person. Adventurous. Rich. Academic. Artistic. Athletic. Successful. Popular. Famous.

All are ideals.

All are fundamentally equal, we just have our own unique preferences.

If one individuals preference is to be a relaxed family person, that's not objectively better than another persons' preference of being an adventurous artist.

so, there can be no average, and therefore, people don't need to worry about being it.

I'm 0-1 and I'd be just as happy to be a 10.

I'm just me, and it's as simple as that.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #24
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,017 Times in 7,108 Posts
I feel the pain of 7, although I plan on remedying that very soon. Helllloooooo rosetta stone.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:46 PM   #25
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
I can honestly say that I'm a 1, not that it matters in the slightest. (The 1 is from the language one... I just don't have any interest in learning another language. At least, not in this point in time.)

A lot of people are completely happy working the 40+ hour weeks and coming home to their family every day. Nothing wrong with that.

I turned down the 6-figure salary, which allowed me to start the business, write the book, sign the record deal, meet the people, live in the loft, drive the cars, play the guitars, clink the glasses, and so on.

But the trade-off is, I have a LOT less money than I would have if I just took the high-paying job. I don't regret a thing, and would not/could not put a price on my experiences.

That's just me, and that's what I value and want out of life. Everyone's priorities will be different.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: