REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Boxed in (https://www.revscene.net/forums/686696-boxed.html)

stewie 07-26-2013 10:25 AM

Boxed in

So the gf parks on the street she always does, it's not a street with houses on it, no metered parking, just those signs that say you can park there from XXam - XXpm. So naturally workers from that area park in that spot. They don't park bumper to bumper, but there's enough space to get in and out.

She comes to her car to leave for lunch break and there's a new car infront of her about a foot from her front bumper, and a car who couldn't fit behind her without being half in the alley, so he parked on a tight slant as close as he could so he was off the road as far as he could be..

What can she do when someone completely boxes her in?

Tow truck the only option?
Posted via RS Mobile

nma 07-26-2013 10:40 AM

http://gifs.gifbin.com/102010/revers...el-parking.gif

stewie 07-26-2013 10:42 AM

Would work, but she drives a rwd car :p
Posted via RS Mobile

Gazorcoop 07-26-2013 11:18 AM

Call a tow truck because the car behind her technically is too close legally to park there

Spidey 07-31-2013 08:10 PM

Austin Powers.

Soundy 07-31-2013 08:22 PM

I parked my little shitbox Mazda on a side street once, back end not far from the outlet of an alley... came out of the restaurant to find some douche had parked his little douchey British sports car practically against my rear bumper, and his ass end halfway around the corner into the alley.

So I did what any driver of a little shitbox Mazda would do: put it in reverse, snugged up against his front bumper (to reduce impact damage - even shitbox bumpers are precious), and then punched it. Pushed the douche car right out so it was sitting in the middle of the alley... and then went on my merry way.

That's how you deal with being boxed in. :fuckyea:

zulutango 08-01-2013 04:45 AM

I always wanted to buy an old Army 6X6 truck to deal with bad drivers. The tailgaters would find I had to suddenly do an emergency stop in front of them, the ones who stick their noses out into the flow of traffic would find my brakes would not permit me to stop in time and the close parkers would have found that my WW2 era railway track rear bumper would not have been dented but their front bumper & hood was. Sigh....meds must be wearing off again.....:)
http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h...QEwAA&dur=4375

Soundy 08-01-2013 06:52 AM

^You could drive that thing right THROUGH most cars and not even notice it.

"What's that, officer, you say I crushed a Prius several blocks back? Funny, I didn't feel a thing..."

finbar 08-01-2013 07:27 AM

Bounce the offending car away.
Each person pushes down on a corner of the car and releases, repeat at the resonant frequency of the suspension increasing amplitude until the wheels start to grab air.
A little lateral force at the top of the bounce and its off like a prom dress.

Soundy 08-01-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finbar (Post 8293068)
Bounce the offending car away.
Each person pushes down on a corner of the car and releases, repeat at the resonant frequency of the suspension increasing amplitude until the wheels start to grab air.
A little lateral force at the top of the bounce and its off like a prom dress.

:lawl::drunk:

snails 08-01-2013 07:54 AM

i was send a snapchat from friends that were at the autox last weekend at scott road.

a ford escape "or something like it" was parked in the middle of the lot that was being rented out so about 12 guys pushed it out of the way with its alarm going on and despite it being in park.. was an entertaining video!

gars 08-01-2013 09:55 AM

I was on my up to Elfin Lakes once - in the winter time. The trail up to the trailhead past a certain point has big signs saying, "Chains Mandatory Beyond This Point". There was quite a bit of snow on the road leading up there. I parked my car by the chain-up area, and was luckily able to catch a ride to the Trailhead with a nice guy with a pickup/chains.

We were heading up the road, when lo and behold, there was a truck stuck in the middle of the road. This jackass in an F150 Harley Davidson Edition with all-seasons tried heading up the road, got stuck, and just left his truck in the middle of the road. There was another group that had stopped just before, and were enjoying a cup of tea. We all got out, and pushed it off the road into a ditch. Even big trucks are surprisingly easy to push on snow with just 6 of us.

twitchyzero 08-01-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 8292854)
So I did what any driver of a little shitbox Mazda would do: put it in reverse, snugged up against his front bumper (to reduce impact damage - even shitbox bumpers are precious), and then punched it. Pushed the douche car right out so it was sitting in the middle of the alley... and then went on my merry way.

that is until one of them has a dashcam and reports you for hit & run :lawl:

honestly I've parked into the space between a meter and the edge of an alleyway before...sometimes you just gotta pop into a place temporarily/real quick and you just cant find any parking around! :badpokerface:

as long as the car in front of you has a meter of space in front then it's not that big of a deal to park a little closer to them. You're supposed to always leave a meter of space either the car in front or behind you anyways just in case this happens. But it looks like in OPs case both cars front and back weren't there when it was first parked :okay:

zulutango 08-02-2013 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 8293133)
that is until one of them has a dashcam and reports you for hit & run :lawl:

honestly I've parked into the space between a meter and the edge of an alleyway before...sometimes you just gotta pop into a place temporarily/real quick and you just cant find any parking around! :badpokerface:

as long as the car in front of you has a meter of space in front then it's not that big of a deal to park a little closer to them. You're supposed to always leave a meter of space either the car in front or behind you anyways just in case this happens. But it looks like in OPs case both cars front and back weren't there when it was first parked :okay:

Not sure where you read that? Nothing in the MV Act states anything like that. Common sense says leave enough room to get your car out....and so that other users don't get trapped by you. Saw 2 women drivers in Levenworth WA last summer. 1st woman parked tight behind the car in front of her ( no reason to) and left. 2nd woman came and parked very tight right behind her & left. 1st driver returns & there is no way she or anybody else could get her car out. Watched for almost 90 minutes as she got madder & madder. 2nd driver returns and the cat fight was on. All happened on the main drag right by the park, in about 35 C temps. Neither driver considered the possible effect of their parking choices. BTW, somebody called the Sherrif and things didn't go u-tube any more. :(

Soundy 08-02-2013 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 8293648)
Not sure where you read that? Nothing in the MV Act states anything like that.

I think by "supposed to" he was more referring to "social convention".

wing_woo 08-02-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 8293648)
Not sure where you read that? Nothing in the MV Act states anything like that. Common sense says leave enough room to get your car out....and so that other users don't get trapped by you. Saw 2 women drivers in Levenworth WA last summer. 1st woman parked tight behind the car in front of her ( no reason to) and left. 2nd woman came and parked very tight right behind her & left. 1st driver returns & there is no way she or anybody else could get her car out. Watched for almost 90 minutes as she got madder & madder. 2nd driver returns and the cat fight was on. All happened on the main drag right by the park, in about 35 C temps. Neither driver considered the possible effect of their parking choices. BTW, somebody called the Sherrif and things didn't go u-tube any more. :(

Lady who used to live across the street from me always parked her car as close to your rear bumper as she possibly could. Even when she didn't have to parallel park. My neighbor in her 70's Malibu with chrome bumpers just pushed her car out of the way so she could get out. This was happening practically every day until I think eventually, someone caught up with here and told her to stop parking like that and then she stopped parking so close. It seemed like she just didn't understand that it's stupid to park so close behind someone.

zulutango 08-02-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 8293661)
I think by "supposed to" he was more referring to "social convention".

Yeh.....I've been to a few of those and it's all a blurr....things got rather hazy after about the 5th shooter :fullofwin: If there were no other witnesses....it never happened OK?

Phil@rise 08-05-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 8292854)
I parked my little shitbox Mazda on a side street once, back end not far from the outlet of an alley... came out of the restaurant to find some douche had parked his little douchey British sports car practically against my rear bumper, and his ass end halfway around the corner into the alley.

Umm I drive a "douchey British sports car" I dont think its "douchey" I get to parade around with a funny hat smoke a pipe and wave at people funny like and say cheerio good sir. Nothing douchey there.

BallPeenHammer2 08-06-2013 10:25 AM

Zulu's truck could (and probably has) eat an accord in traffic and $h!t out a fit.

LOL.

underscore 08-13-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 8293048)
I always wanted to buy an old Army 6X6 truck to deal with bad drivers. The tailgaters would find I had to suddenly do an emergency stop in front of them, the ones who stick their noses out into the flow of traffic would find my brakes would not permit me to stop in time and the close parkers would have found that my WW2 era railway track rear bumper would not have been dented but their front bumper & hood was. Sigh....meds must be wearing off again.....:)
Google Image Result for http://www.gallagher.com/ww2/images/Army_2_half_ton_truck_3_29.jpg

I have a similar desire everytime someone cuts me off, luckily I rarely have to parallel park so I haven't gotten boxed in very often. Although lately I've been finding that the nicer my car, the shittier the drivers around me are. For some reason people never drive the same when I'm in my Jeep, which they can attempt to fender bender all they like.