REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #1
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
stewie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: burnaby
Posts: 3,090
Thanked 1,888 Times in 487 Posts
Boxed in

So the gf parks on the street she always does, it's not a street with houses on it, no metered parking, just those signs that say you can park there from XXam - XXpm. So naturally workers from that area park in that spot. They don't park bumper to bumper, but there's enough space to get in and out.

She comes to her car to leave for lunch break and there's a new car infront of her about a foot from her front bumper, and a car who couldn't fit behind her without being half in the alley, so he parked on a tight slant as close as he could so he was off the road as far as he could be..

What can she do when someone completely boxes her in?

Tow truck the only option?
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:40 AM   #2
nma
#RVG
 
nma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Richmond
Posts: 557
Thanked 624 Times in 201 Posts

Last edited by nma; 07-26-2013 at 11:47 AM.
nma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #3
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
stewie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: burnaby
Posts: 3,090
Thanked 1,888 Times in 487 Posts
Would work, but she drives a rwd car
Posted via RS Mobile
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #4
RS controls my life!
 
Gazorcoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: BC
Posts: 783
Thanked 280 Times in 96 Posts
Call a tow truck because the car behind her technically is too close legally to park there
Gazorcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:10 PM   #5
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Austin Powers.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:22 PM   #6
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
I parked my little shitbox Mazda on a side street once, back end not far from the outlet of an alley... came out of the restaurant to find some douche had parked his little douchey British sports car practically against my rear bumper, and his ass end halfway around the corner into the alley.

So I did what any driver of a little shitbox Mazda would do: put it in reverse, snugged up against his front bumper (to reduce impact damage - even shitbox bumpers are precious), and then punched it. Pushed the douche car right out so it was sitting in the middle of the alley... and then went on my merry way.

That's how you deal with being boxed in.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:45 AM   #7
RS Peace Officer
 
zulutango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver Islan
Posts: 3,850
Thanked 1,623 Times in 678 Posts
I always wanted to buy an old Army 6X6 truck to deal with bad drivers. The tailgaters would find I had to suddenly do an emergency stop in front of them, the ones who stick their noses out into the flow of traffic would find my brakes would not permit me to stop in time and the close parkers would have found that my WW2 era railway track rear bumper would not have been dented but their front bumper & hood was. Sigh....meds must be wearing off again.....
http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h...QEwAA&dur=4375
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2013, 07:52 AM   #8
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
^You could drive that thing right THROUGH most cars and not even notice it.

"What's that, officer, you say I crushed a Prius several blocks back? Funny, I didn't feel a thing..."
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:27 AM   #9
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
finbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 1966 Mustang
Posts: 613
Thanked 1,978 Times in 261 Posts
Bounce the offending car away.
Each person pushes down on a corner of the car and releases, repeat at the resonant frequency of the suspension increasing amplitude until the wheels start to grab air.
A little lateral force at the top of the bounce and its off like a prom dress.
finbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:32 AM   #10
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finbar View Post
Bounce the offending car away.
Each person pushes down on a corner of the car and releases, repeat at the resonant frequency of the suspension increasing amplitude until the wheels start to grab air.
A little lateral force at the top of the bounce and its off like a prom dress.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:54 AM   #11
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy
 
snails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: in a shell
Posts: 2,580
Thanked 5,905 Times in 1,119 Posts
i was send a snapchat from friends that were at the autox last weekend at scott road.

a ford escape "or something like it" was parked in the middle of the lot that was being rented out so about 12 guys pushed it out of the way with its alarm going on and despite it being in park.. was an entertaining video!
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #12
I am grateful grapefruit
 
gars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,094
Thanked 831 Times in 392 Posts
I was on my up to Elfin Lakes once - in the winter time. The trail up to the trailhead past a certain point has big signs saying, "Chains Mandatory Beyond This Point". There was quite a bit of snow on the road leading up there. I parked my car by the chain-up area, and was luckily able to catch a ride to the Trailhead with a nice guy with a pickup/chains.

We were heading up the road, when lo and behold, there was a truck stuck in the middle of the road. This jackass in an F150 Harley Davidson Edition with all-seasons tried heading up the road, got stuck, and just left his truck in the middle of the road. There was another group that had stopped just before, and were enjoying a cup of tea. We all got out, and pushed it off the road into a ditch. Even big trucks are surprisingly easy to push on snow with just 6 of us.
__________________
Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photographers Enthusiasts
gars is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #13
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 16,344
Thanked 5,613 Times in 2,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
So I did what any driver of a little shitbox Mazda would do: put it in reverse, snugged up against his front bumper (to reduce impact damage - even shitbox bumpers are precious), and then punched it. Pushed the douche car right out so it was sitting in the middle of the alley... and then went on my merry way.

That's how you deal with being boxed in.
that is until one of them has a dashcam and reports you for hit & run

honestly I've parked into the space between a meter and the edge of an alleyway before...sometimes you just gotta pop into a place temporarily/real quick and you just cant find any parking around!

as long as the car in front of you has a meter of space in front then it's not that big of a deal to park a little closer to them. You're supposed to always leave a meter of space either the car in front or behind you anyways just in case this happens. But it looks like in OPs case both cars front and back weren't there when it was first parked
__________________
My BST Feedback
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:38 AM   #14
RS Peace Officer
 
zulutango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver Islan
Posts: 3,850
Thanked 1,623 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
that is until one of them has a dashcam and reports you for hit & run

honestly I've parked into the space between a meter and the edge of an alleyway before...sometimes you just gotta pop into a place temporarily/real quick and you just cant find any parking around!

as long as the car in front of you has a meter of space in front then it's not that big of a deal to park a little closer to them. You're supposed to always leave a meter of space either the car in front or behind you anyways just in case this happens. But it looks like in OPs case both cars front and back weren't there when it was first parked
Not sure where you read that? Nothing in the MV Act states anything like that. Common sense says leave enough room to get your car out....and so that other users don't get trapped by you. Saw 2 women drivers in Levenworth WA last summer. 1st woman parked tight behind the car in front of her ( no reason to) and left. 2nd woman came and parked very tight right behind her & left. 1st driver returns & there is no way she or anybody else could get her car out. Watched for almost 90 minutes as she got madder & madder. 2nd driver returns and the cat fight was on. All happened on the main drag right by the park, in about 35 C temps. Neither driver considered the possible effect of their parking choices. BTW, somebody called the Sherrif and things didn't go u-tube any more.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:53 AM   #15
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Not sure where you read that? Nothing in the MV Act states anything like that.
I think by "supposed to" he was more referring to "social convention".
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:23 AM   #16
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,506
Thanked 102 Times in 61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Not sure where you read that? Nothing in the MV Act states anything like that. Common sense says leave enough room to get your car out....and so that other users don't get trapped by you. Saw 2 women drivers in Levenworth WA last summer. 1st woman parked tight behind the car in front of her ( no reason to) and left. 2nd woman came and parked very tight right behind her & left. 1st driver returns & there is no way she or anybody else could get her car out. Watched for almost 90 minutes as she got madder & madder. 2nd driver returns and the cat fight was on. All happened on the main drag right by the park, in about 35 C temps. Neither driver considered the possible effect of their parking choices. BTW, somebody called the Sherrif and things didn't go u-tube any more.
Lady who used to live across the street from me always parked her car as close to your rear bumper as she possibly could. Even when she didn't have to parallel park. My neighbor in her 70's Malibu with chrome bumpers just pushed her car out of the way so she could get out. This was happening practically every day until I think eventually, someone caught up with here and told her to stop parking like that and then she stopped parking so close. It seemed like she just didn't understand that it's stupid to park so close behind someone.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #17
RS Peace Officer
 
zulutango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver Islan
Posts: 3,850
Thanked 1,623 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
I think by "supposed to" he was more referring to "social convention".
Yeh.....I've been to a few of those and it's all a blurr....things got rather hazy after about the 5th shooter If there were no other witnesses....it never happened OK?
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #18
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: richmond
Posts: 2,834
Thanked 1,485 Times in 568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
I parked my little shitbox Mazda on a side street once, back end not far from the outlet of an alley... came out of the restaurant to find some douche had parked his little douchey British sports car practically against my rear bumper, and his ass end halfway around the corner into the alley.

So I did what any driver of a little shitbox Mazda would do: put it in reverse, snugged up against his front bumper (to reduce impact damage - even shitbox bumpers are precious), and then punched it. Pushed the douche car right out so it was sitting in the middle of the alley... and then went on my merry way.

That's how you deal with being boxed in.
Umm I drive a "douchey British sports car" I dont think its "douchey" I get to parade around with a funny hat smoke a pipe and wave at people funny like and say cheerio good sir. Nothing douchey there.
__________________
Rise Auto Salon

11938 95a Ave Delta
I can be reached VIA text @ 778-232-1465

Oil change special $70 5 liters synthetic oil including OEM filter Fender rolling from $45 per fender
Car Audio:
Focal, Morel, Genesis, Clarion, Scosche, Escort, Compustar, GReddy, Blitz, Tomei, Motul, Endless, Defi, Cusco, Nismo + More


We specialize in:
Custom Car Audio
Race/4x4 Fabrication
Forced Induction
Engine Swaps
General Maintenance
Phil@rise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:25 AM   #19
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 827
Thanked 184 Times in 106 Posts
Zulu's truck could (and probably has) eat an accord in traffic and $h!t out a fit.

LOL.
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #20
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
underscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kel-pwn-a
Posts: 11,973
Thanked 4,960 Times in 2,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
I always wanted to buy an old Army 6X6 truck to deal with bad drivers. The tailgaters would find I had to suddenly do an emergency stop in front of them, the ones who stick their noses out into the flow of traffic would find my brakes would not permit me to stop in time and the close parkers would have found that my WW2 era railway track rear bumper would not have been dented but their front bumper & hood was. Sigh....meds must be wearing off again.....
Google Image Result for http://www.gallagher.com/ww2/images/Army_2_half_ton_truck_3_29.jpg
I have a similar desire everytime someone cuts me off, luckily I rarely have to parallel park so I haven't gotten boxed in very often. Although lately I've been finding that the nicer my car, the shittier the drivers around me are. For some reason people never drive the same when I'm in my Jeep, which they can attempt to fender bender all they like.
__________________
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S // 1991 Toyota Celica GTFour RC FOR SALE // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net