REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #51
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Due to their ages, they supposedly will not face the death penalty.
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
CorneringArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #52
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Yeah, I'm kinda not for the death penalty for 15 year olds...
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-21-2013, 12:03 PM   #53
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
So what schools in the USA did you attend? I'm curious to hear how it differs from the rest of the schools down south...
It was in Death Valley...
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:03 PM   #54
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
Yeah, I'm kinda not for the death penalty for 15 year olds...
Might as well. There is no rehabilitation in the US jail system. The only thing those kids are going to learn in there is how to become harder criminals.
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #55
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
So that means the 15/16 year old will face death penalty and the 17 year just goes to jail?
wut. It says faces two charges on top of the murder charge. Its written fairly poorly though. None will get the death penalty though I'd wager.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #56
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
I blame the parents.

Serious, parenting has gone out the fucking window, it's no wonder kids turn out like this.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #57
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
I blame the parents.

Serious, parenting has gone out the fucking window, it's no wonder kids turn out like this.
idk about that, alot of sociopaths and murderers have fairly normal parents and upbringing. when you have people this fucked, its a good chance theres something inherently wrong with their genetics, cognitive processes, or physiology or some combination thereof
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #58
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snails View Post
^ and they still deserve their fingers cut off with a rusty pair of snips..
Instead of fingers, I prefer to see another appendage to be cut off instead...
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #59
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
I blame the parents.

Like Sid Vicious said.

The development of a child is an accumulation of everything.
His parents, friends, tv, brain functions, etc.

And hasn't crime been going down? Shit like this will always happen, no need to beat a dead horse.

There are just some people out there that like to see the world burn.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:21 PM   #60
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Instead of fingers, I prefer to see another appendage to be cut off instead...
it may calm all the aggression they seem to have.

We already know how ineffective sending them to prison for life would be.
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:19 AM   #61
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,908 Times in 755 Posts
CNN) -- One of the Oklahoma teenagers accused of killing 23-year-old Australian Christopher Lane had previously posted images online showing himself posing with guns and wads of cash.

And three days before what police call the indiscriminate shooting, the suspect, 15-year-old James Edwards Jr., tweeted, "With my n****s when it's time to start taken life's."

Back in April, he tweeted, "90% of white ppl (people) are nasty. #HATE THEM."

Police in the town of Duncan have charged Edwards and Chancey Luna, 16, as adults with felony murder in the first degree, said Kaylee Chandler, a Stephens County court clerk.

Christopher Lane, from Australia, was gunned down in Duncan, Oklahoma, while he was out jogging last week. Police say he was killed by three teens who said they had nothing better to do. Police have now charged the three teens in Lane's death.

Michael Jones, 17, faces two charges: use of a vehicle and discharge of a weapon and accessory after the fact to murder in the first degree.

James Edwards Jr., 15, has been charged as an adult with felony murder in the first degree.

Chancey Luna, 16, has been charged as an adult with felony murder in the first degree.

Michael Jones, their alleged 17-year-old driver, faces two charges: use of a vehicle in the discharge of a weapon and accessory after the fact to murder in the first degree.

A judge set bond at $1 million for Jones, while no bond was set for Edwards and Luna, Chandler said.

Police say it was Jones who ultimately told them, "We were bored and didn't have anything to do, so we decided to kill somebody."

Lane was a promising young athlete, living his dream of studying in the United States on a baseball scholarship.

The people of Duncan, an affluent town of less than 25,000 people, welcomed him.

Lane had gone out for a jog, just at the time the teens had decided to find someone to kill, police say.

They drove their car behind him and opened fire, hitting him once in the back, authorities say.

He staggered across the road and fell to his knees, then managed to get up and take a few more steps before collapsing for good.

A woman who saw him struggling called 911. As she waited for an ambulance, the young man started to turn blue.

"If you don't hurry, he's gone," the woman warned.

But it was too late. The ambulance couldn't save Lane. He was pronounced dead at a hospital.

Officer: Teens wanted to be gangsters
Security camera, call to police aided investigation

Immediately after the shooting, witnesses gave police a general description of a black car. Security footage from a nearby Mexican restaurant showed what could have been the car. But hours passed with no sign of whether there would be another killing.

Then, four hours after the shooting, a man called police, saying he could see three juveniles with guns -- and they apparently want to kill someone, said Duncan police Chief Danny Ford.

Officers responded to a home and found the car in a church parking lot across the street from the caller's house. The suspects were inside, and they provided enough information to be arrested.

Two days later, Edwards offered up details of the case, police said. The teens had been inside a house when Lane ran by, and the group decided he'd be the target -- to cure their boredom, Ford says.

Call for U.S. tourism boycott

"It is another example of murder mayhem on Main Street," former Australian Deputy Prime Minister Tim Fischer told CNN's Piers Morgan.

"People thinking of going to the U.S.A. for business or tourist trips should think carefully about it, given the statistical fact you are 15 times more likely to be shot dead in the U.S.A. than in Australia, per capita."
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #62
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
WTF. What happened to, bored and nothing to do, so we decided to play some GTA.
Guess the graphics weren't good enough...
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #63
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iEatClams View Post
When I first heard about this, my friends and I talked about us being in a room with these guys with us having baseball bats and going nuts on these animals.

I'm not sure if that makes us animals too or if that's morally wrong, but it sure would make me feel better, not good, but better about the situation.

Wonder if other people would do the same if you had the chance to go after these kids with a baseball bat and no legal repercussions?
you just answered why they went out and killed someone.

they felt something, and they wanted to do something to feel better. so they did it.

you feel something, and you wanna do something to feel better, so you do it.

same thing.

with your mentality, put into their perspective/situation, you would have killed someone out of boredom too.

you do shit, to make yourself feel better. you want revenge, they want to get out of boredom. the inherit problem is following your primal feelings and not using your head. the same problem occurs in your post about beating them up with no legal repercussions. you are repeating the same mistake they did.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #64
-Stare-

Thanked 8,013 Times in 648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
WTF. What happened to, bored and nothing to do, so we decided to play some GTA.
Guess the graphics weren't good enough...
should've waited for GTA V
out so soon too....
ShadowBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:08 PM   #65
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

These type of people might just end up enjoying prison life more than a normal life anyways. They are so engrained with the concept of the life of crime that some people feel more comfortable behind bars. And when they get out, they get so "bored" that they do these type of things just go feel normal again. But I guess we as a society end up having to feed them for the rest of their lives.
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:34 PM   #66

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
idk about that, alot of sociopaths and murderers have fairly normal parents and upbringing. when you have people this fucked, its a good chance theres something inherently wrong with their genetics, cognitive processes, or physiology or some combination thereof
theres that and the fact that a lot of these kids are "fuck ups" because their parents are "fuck ups" themselves. its a classic case of "fuck ups" raising "fuck ups". theres way too much of this going on in the states. its mind blowing actually. for that reason, abortions should seriously be funded by the government and free for low income people. these kinds of people having kids are unfit for parenting, they simply cant provide for a child the way one should. oh and the foster care systems in the states dont work worth a damn. a lot of those kids still end up worse off because of abusive foster parents.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:20 AM   #67
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

WWII vet Delbert Belton, 88, beaten to death by teens in Spokane - CNN.com

Spokane Police are looking for two suspects in the beating death of an 88-year-old World War II veteran.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Delbert "Shorty" Belton was a World War II vet
He was shot in the leg during the Battle of Okinawa
Police are looking for two suspects
They are described as "two young African American males"

Quote:
WWII vet Delbert Belton, 88, beaten to death by teens in Spokane, Washington
By Ed Payne and Amanda Watts, CNN
updated 4:47 AM EDT, Fri August 23, 2013

(CNN) -- An 88-year-old World War II veteran was brutally beaten and left for dead by two teens outside a lounge in Spokane, Washington, where he loved to go play pool.
The motive? Police don't have one. The teens appeared to have picked him at random, authorities say.
Delbert Belton, a retired aluminum company worker, served in the Pacific. There, friends say, he took a bullet in the leg during the Battle of Okinawa.
He survived that attack.
Delbert Belton survived being wounded in action during the Battle of Okinawa only to be beaten to death by two teens in Spokane, Washington.
But Wednesday night, Belton -- affectionately called "Shorty" by friends for his height -- headed to the Eagles Lodge where he was a regular.
Police found him in the parking lot, with serious head injuries. He died Thursday.
"It does appear random," Spokane police Lt. Mark Griffiths told reporters. "It appears he was assaulted in the parking lot and there was no indication that he would have known these people prior to the assault."
It's the second time in a week that a seemingly random attack by teenagers has claimed a life.
On August 16, a 23-year-old Australian baseball player attending college in Oklahoma was gunned down in the town of Duncan.
One of three teens police arrested in that shooting said they carried it out because "we were bored and didn't have anything to do."
'All there is is bad news'
The randomness of the two attacks was not lost on Ted Denison, who's been friends with Belton for a long time.
"It's really depressing," Denison told CNN late Thursday night. "Seems that all there is is bad news."
The two men met more than 20 years ago and worked on cars together.
"We were mechanic buddies," the 42-year-old Denison said. "We just kind of kicked right along."
But the friends also hung out together outside the garage.
"We went dancing on Saturday nights," Denison said. "We went out to breakfast together."
Belton stopped by the Eagles Lodge two or three times a week. He played pool, but by his own admission, wasn't too good at it.
"He went up there and played pool, met with some of the guys he used to work with at Kaiser Aluminum," where he was employed more than 30 years, Denison said.
His wife died several years ago. The WW II vet is survived by a son, 65.
Waiting for a friend
Wednesday night, Denison was outside the lodge waiting for a friend because he didn't want her to walk home alone, Lillian Duncan told the Spokesman-Review newspaper.
"He was so awesome," Duncan told the paper. "Anybody that didn't get to know him missed out on a wonderful angel in their life."
Police are looking for two suspects. Witnesses described them as "young African American males of average build," according to a police statement.
Officers used K-9 search dogs to search for the suspects, swept for fingerprints on the chain link fence in the area where they were last seen headed, and scoured through surveillance tapes.
So far, the attackers haven't been found.
Outside the lodge Thursday, friends and strangers alike left flowers, flags and messages for Belton.
Belton never had problems outside the lodge before -- no threats, no altercations, Denison said.
"If he had, I would have made sure I was there."

Last edited by Anjew; 08-23-2013 at 03:46 AM.
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:55 AM   #68
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

i you don't think killing another person for fun is wrong, you shouldn't be allowed out in public.

this isnt even something you need to teach people. these fuckers should be executed immediately.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #69
I don't like cheese but I love milk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post

they felt something, and they wanted to do something to feel better. so they did it.

same thing.

with your mentality, put into their perspective/situation, you would have killed someone out of boredom too.

you do shit, to make yourself feel better. you want revenge, they want to get out of boredom. the inherit problem is following your primal feelings and not using your head. the same problem occurs in your post about beating them up with no legal repercussions. you are repeating the same mistake they did.
woah, that's deep brah
Ferra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:26 PM   #70
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts

The world needs discipline dispensed like the above video.

Parents are scared shit-less of child protection services for laying some decent discipline on their kids. No punishment = no fear of committing shit like this.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:55 PM   #71
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Quote:

same thing.

Isn't that a bit far fetched?
Killing someone or an animal isn't equal to "boredom" or just doing it to feel good.

There are scenarios where killing something/someone is appropriate. ie: self defense, hunting an animal for food, eliminating a threat to society, etc. It's not just because of boredom. By your logic, all those who fought and killed people in WW2 were just doing it because they were bored and they wanted to feel better.
just my .02
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-24-2013, 12:34 AM   #72

Quote:

same thing.

Thats a stupid way of looking at it. Eye for an eye . Its only fair game. Not because of boredom
Old 08-24-2013, 07:22 AM   #73
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura604 View Post
Christopher Lane, from Australia, was gunned down in Duncan, Oklahoma, while he was out jogging last week. Police say he was killed by three teens who said they had nothing better to do.
Well, at least now they'll have plenty to do for the next 25-years-to-life.

Quote:
Call for U.S. tourism boycott

"It is another example of murder mayhem on Main Street," former Australian Deputy Prime Minister Tim Fischer told CNN's Piers Morgan.

"People thinking of going to the U.S.A. for business or tourist trips should think carefully about it, given the statistical fact you are 15 times more likely to be shot dead in the U.S.A. than in Australia, per capita."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:56 AM   #74
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
Isn't that a bit far fetched?
Killing someone or an animal isn't equal to "boredom" or just doing it to feel good.

There are scenarios where killing something/someone is appropriate. ie: self defense, hunting an animal for food, eliminating a threat to society, etc. It's not just because of boredom. By your logic, all those who fought and killed people in WW2 were just doing it because they were bored and they wanted to feel better.
just my .02
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinamix View Post
Thats a stupid way of looking at it. Eye for an eye . Its only fair game. Not because of boredom
i don't think you two understood what i said.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote