REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   "Let's go kill someone ... for fun" - W T F ! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/687463-lets-go-kill-someone-fun-w-t-f.html)

Acura604 08-20-2013 07:05 AM

"Let's go kill someone ... for fun" - W T F !

So this is the world our kids are going to grow up in? no wonder most movies based in the future reflect a police state. I think we need it!

Teens killed baseball player just for fun: ‘We were bored and didn’t have anything to do’

(CNN) -- A random act of violence has left a promising 22-year-old college baseball player dead, a family devastated and two countries half a world apart rattled.

Christopher Lane, who's from Australia, was gunned down in Duncan, Oklahoma, while he was out jogging last week. The motive, police say? Three teens who had nothing better to do.

"They witnessed a young man run by on the street. Chose him as the target," Police Chief Danny Ford told CNN affiliate KSWO.

When police eventually arrested the three teens -- ages 15, 16 and 17 -- one of them offered up a motive that made clear that Lane, who attended East Central University on a baseball scholarship, was chosen at random.

"He said the motive was, 'We were going to kill somebody,'" Ford told Australian radio station 3AW.

"They decided all three of them were going to kill somebody."

Police say the teens shot Lane in the back in the town of about 24,000 and sped away in their car.

"There were some people that saw him stagger across the road, go to a kneeling position and collapse on the side of the road," Ford told KSWO.

Attempts to revive Lane failed.

Police caught the teens a few hours after the shooting. Thanks to security cameras from local businesses, police saw their car speeding down the street.

Nearly 10,000 miles away in Australia, Lane's family struggled to cope with the news.

"He's left his mark as we know, and you know there's not going to be any good come out of this, because it was just so senseless," Christopher's father, Peter Lane, said. "It's happened. It's wrong, and we're just trying and deal with it the best we can."

Lane's girlfriend Sarah Harper posted an emotional tribute on Facebook, saying "you will always be mine and in a very special and protected place in my heart."

Soundy 08-20-2013 07:18 AM

I am out of word...

dinamix 08-20-2013 07:23 AM

I'm glad oklahoma still has their death penalty
Posted via RS Mobile

snails 08-20-2013 07:29 AM

i think our justice system really needs to go back to the basics... we all know this will be a long trial "because of age" will cost tax payers huge amounts of money only for them to serve a max of 10 years each... get out and still have 2/3 of their lives left while the victims family/friends have to deal with this the rest of their lives...

I think laws and policies should be broken up in 2 ways:

1. simple, break the law, get fines/jail time

2. intentionally cause harm to others, that harm can be passed on to the offender.. then jail if they are still alive.

I am aware it sounds juvenile and stupid, but "jail" isnt enough incentive to not do fcked up shit like this...

clearly the system dosnt work that well, and people seem to be pushing the envelope more often as it is sensationalized on the media.

its too easy to get a slap on the wrist when you destroy peoples lives.

Lomac 08-20-2013 07:40 AM

The 16 and 17 year olds will likely be tried as adults, or at least the prosecution will go for that route. The 15 year old, though... you're probably right about him getting a few years in juvi, only to be released after half his sentencing.

Gridlock 08-20-2013 07:58 AM

Strengthen the family.

We need to get back to a point where children are being raised by a strong home, in a stronger community.

Everyone will get angry and turn to the justice system for the answer. It may help in this case, but will do nothing to the motivation that caused this crime in the first place.

stewie 08-20-2013 07:59 AM

Dumb ass kids...

Like dinamix said, thank god for the death penalty.
I'm all up for capital punishment. These kids robbed a family of their son, it should only be fair if their families were robbed of theirs.
Posted via RS Mobile

snails 08-20-2013 08:02 AM

reply for Grid.

I had a srs fcked up childhood.. might as well not had parents at all and the worse thing i have ever done was stolen a couple 5cent candies when i was a kid...

and i know people in "wholesome" families and these people have almost no remorse for others around them... lets not blame this one on the parents.

1 of these stupid kids obviously was the leader, and the other 2, probably the younger ones decided it was also a good idea in the moment...

already lost causes in society with nothing positive to provide...

Soundy 08-20-2013 08:09 AM

A "wholesome" family does not automatically mean good parenting...

snails 08-20-2013 08:11 AM

^ i was generalizing... either way, people have control over what they do. none of us need to be reminded that murder is a bad thing.

stewie 08-20-2013 08:34 AM

When parents use Xbox and ps3 as a babysitter and let their kids play gta, man hunt, and every other game where you can kill for fun for 15 hours a day, I'm not surprised.

Not saying this is the case here, but these kids seriously lack a role model.

Anyone gonna turn this into a 2nd amendment thread now?

-edit

its a shame parents are no longer able to discipline their kids without having CPA involved...I remember getting the belt quite a bit...only took a few times before I learned better. now if a kid shows up to school with a damn bruise on his arm from rough housing while playing you'll get a meeting with a principle asking "is everything at home alright?"

El Bastardo 08-20-2013 08:44 AM

This is on par with those Ukrainian guys who murdered a guy for fun

Stiig 08-20-2013 08:56 AM

Acura604 08-20-2013 08:59 AM

The accused:

The youths facing first-degree murder charges have been named as Chancey Luna, 16, James Edwards, 15, and Michael Jones, 17.

Read more: Chris Lane murder: Teens 'who shot dead Australian student in the street are named and pictured' | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...25_306x423.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...12_306x423.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...19_306x423.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...56_306x423.jpg

melloman 08-20-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 8304242)
When parents use Xbox and ps3 as a babysitter and let their kids play gta, man hunt, and every other game where you can kill for fun for 15 hours a day, I'm not surprised.

Not saying this is the case here, but these kids seriously lack a role model.

Anyone gonna turn this into a 2nd amendment thread now?

-edit

its a shame parents are no longer able to discipline their kids without having CPA involved...I remember getting the belt quite a bit...only took a few times before I learned better. now if a kid shows up to school with a damn bruise on his arm from rough housing while playing you'll get a meeting with a principle asking "is everything at home alright?"

Parents need to go back to the "old times" and beat their kids when they fuck up. They need to BE TAUGHT right from wrong, so this kind of stupid shit won't happen.

Hope these kids get 20+ years in prison. Fuck juvi, try them as adults.

Anjew 08-20-2013 09:46 AM

Try them as adults and put them in their own separate boxes. Show them what real boredom is like.

lets be realistic here, they are going to juvi or jail and they are going to make connections with real gangsters(or idiots) and go back on the street none the better. :okay:

what we need is a cryo prison with subconscious psycho rehab to instill those joy joy feelings. /jk

4doorVIP 08-20-2013 09:52 AM

3 black dudes kill 1 white dude..

if it was the other way around, there would be riots.
this should be a hate crime.

dinosaur 08-20-2013 09:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I know the content of this pic is unrelated, but I think it is a good representation how society looks at problem children these days.

Blame the music. Blame the news. Blame the movies. Blame the video games. Blame the friends.

DON'T blame the parents. Fuck taking ownership of how the child was raise. Fuck instilling a sense of responsibility. Fuck morals. Fuck ethics. Feed the kid more sugar than you can ever imagine then give the kid adderall to calm the fuck down. Replace spanking with a "calm down" mat because we don't want the kid calling the cops for child abuse. Hand power over to the kid because we don't want to be the "bad guy".

What is the result?

Generations full of self-entitled, uncontrollable shitheads who expects everything to be given to them and their shitty attitude who feel like they are completely invincible.

Attachment 18267

Gridlock 08-20-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 8304242)
its a shame parents are no longer able to discipline their kids without having CPA involved...

Someone would actually have to BE home to do that.

I'm not saying that's all parents, as a LOT of contributing factors come into play, namely, poverty being the biggest one.

stewie 08-20-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjew (Post 8304275)
Try them as adults and put them in their own separate boxes. Show them what real boredom is like.

lets be realistic here, they are going to juvi or jail and they are going to make connections with real gangsters(or idiots) and go back on the street none the better. :okay:

what we need is a cryo prison with subconscious psycho rehab to instill those joy joy feelings. /jk

so they can come out with useful skills such as knitting? :p

but yeah, generations are getting worse and worse. I think back to what is was like in the early 1900's..guys have manners and courtesy, they don't treat women like shit, they're polite....move on to the 20-30's at clubs...women wore dresses and men wore suits. 50's kids were a little more adventurous but their parents still kept them in line with a swift smack across the head. 70's...hello lsd and weed and shrooms...now you go to a club and women are dressed like skanky ass whores who'll sell themselves for free shots...cant wait to see how kids are in another 20 years lol

edit
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gridlock (Post 8304288)
Someone would actually have to BE home to do that.

I'm not saying that's all parents, as a LOT of contributing factors come into play, namely, poverty being the biggest one.

I understand that a parent needs to be home to discipline a child, and I know a lot of factors come into play, but as a parent they should at least have the common sense to teach their kid right from wrong at an early age and set them straight. if I was on welfare living in a 2 room basement suite while working 12 hours a day for minimum wage with 3 kids, id at least still teach them proper manners, and morals, and whats right vs whats wrong.

when I was growing up my parents weren't around during the day, so instead of me being home, my aunts and uncles would watch us (about 8 other cousins they'd watch at the same time as well lol), they'd have no problem smacking me. even if my parents had dumped me at the neighbors house, if they felt I deserved a punishment for doing something I did wrong, let them punish me(I wouldn't go as far as smacking a kid...but id make the kid do manual work...scrub the toilets in the house...give em a bottle of silvo/brasso and make them polish things. let the parents know what they did when they pick him up, and if they felt I wasn't punished enough, its up to them to continue with it).

when I have kids. those kids are going to be raised right no matter what my situation is.(I know its easy to say that now...but I wouldn't be afraid to ask for help from a neighbor or a family friend to help watch/discipline a kid when I couldn't be around)

FerrariEnzo 08-20-2013 10:37 AM

Wow.. messed up... bored so they just wanted to kill someone...

IMHO, they should just be tried as adults regardless of their age.. this is beyond what words can say... do you think they will learn their lesson in what they have done, i doubt they would if they just want to kill time and though of killing someone...

JaPoola 08-20-2013 12:05 PM

Hey look, three Treyvon Martin clones!!

lowside67 08-20-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaPoola (Post 8304356)
Hey look, three Treyvon Martin clones!!

You're a fucking idiot.

murd0c 08-20-2013 01:00 PM

This reminds me of the movie American Me. If you haven't seen it you should watch it. They deserve what they get and I don't feel sorry for them at all.

4444 08-20-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4doorVIP (Post 8304281)
3 black dudes kill 1 white dude..

if it was the other way around, there would be riots.
this should be a hate crime.

well, as far as we know, it's not a hate crime - they were going to kill someone, not a white someone (which would be a hate crime)

but i agree, the other way around, there'd be a whole different type of outrage