REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 09-25-2014, 04:45 PM   #1526
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Also Nike dropped him as a sponsored athlete (more evidence that MMA is not a "true sport" - athletic companies like Nike want nothing to do with how MMA is promoted)
so fucking stupid.

Getting a DUI and piling up your Bentley is perfectly fine.
Getting in a (probably) semi-scripted brawl at a press conference promoting a fight = no go.

Advertisement
Old 09-25-2014, 05:37 PM   #1527
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Pretty sure the Bentley incident was prior to sponsorship
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:42 PM   #1528
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,754 Times in 8,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
so fucking stupid.

Getting a DUI and piling up your Bentley is perfectly fine.
Getting in a (probably) semi-scripted brawl at a press conference promoting a fight = no go.

Nike seems to be shying away from anything to do with violence.. If anything you can blame Adrian Peterson and Ray Rice...

BTW Conor McGregor has been walking around and training with a heavily taped hand, and training for wrestling without using his thumb. It's possible that he could be doing this for mind games, or he could have a broken hand... Just makes the fight even more intriguing!

I think this will be the first UFC I watch live in quite a few months.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 06:03 PM   #1529
i like gifs

He had his right hand wrapped up during UFC Embedded. Could just be a ploy to trick Poirer

Old 09-25-2014, 06:49 PM   #1530

id really like to watch this PPV but i have other plans saturday nite. the bulk of the card from the cruz fight right up to the cowboy/eddie fight is solid. and the best part is you can leave the pub at 8:45 before the MM fight starts!
Old 09-25-2014, 07:15 PM   #1531

BUT THATS TEH MAIN EVENT
Old 09-26-2014, 09:01 AM   #1532
NSX
NA1

Sucks. But what do you expect:

Dana White: No HOF induction for Wand

wand
Former PRIDE middleweight champion Wanderlei Silva recently retired from the sport of mixed martial arts, this due to apparent grievances he had with both his employer (The UFC) and the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

Shortly after announcing his retiremnt, “The Axe Murderer” stated that he would not be interested in receiving a Hall of Fame induction from the UFC.

Well, according to UFC President Dana White, the MMA legend known as Wanderlei Silva doesn’t need to worry about a Hall of Fame induction, because he’s not going to get one:

“There’s going to be no Hall of Fame,” said White in an interview with FOX Sports. “The guy’s been Pete Rose’d. There’s going to be no Hall of Fame offers.”
NSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 09:04 AM   #1533

It probably also has something to do with Wanderlei's rant on UFC: Wanderlei Silva Wants You To Know The Truth About The UFC

Both Wand and BJ have really had major falls from grace. 2 of the most respected fighters of all time now come off as just a couple of goofballs
Old 09-26-2014, 10:11 AM   #1534
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,213 Posts
Surprised Cruz isn't even on the main card, yeah he's been off forever but he still had the belt when he was injured. Maybe he wanted it to be a low key comeback
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:31 AM   #1535
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,779 Times in 2,488 Posts
that's what i was thinking. test the waters without having a huge spot light on him.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 03:44 PM   #1536
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

That Mcgregor/Poirier weigh in was pretty damn intense. Wish it was the main event instead lol

Found this online and thought it was nicely done
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 03:56 PM   #1537

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX View Post
Sucks. But what do you expect:

Dana White: No HOF induction for Wand

wand
Former PRIDE middleweight champion Wanderlei Silva recently retired from the sport of mixed martial arts, this due to apparent grievances he had with both his employer (The UFC) and the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

Shortly after announcing his retiremnt, “The Axe Murderer” stated that he would not be interested in receiving a Hall of Fame induction from the UFC.

Well, according to UFC President Dana White, the MMA legend known as Wanderlei Silva doesn’t need to worry about a Hall of Fame induction, because he’s not going to get one:

“There’s going to be no Hall of Fame,” said White in an interview with FOX Sports. “The guy’s been Pete Rose’d. There’s going to be no Hall of Fame offers.”
who really cares about the HOF. the UFC HOF is basically Dana picking names for a website.

every other HOF is lead by a HOF foundation that encompass the world wide sport. the MMA HOF is just a UFC gimick at this point.

As Wand said in the interview, a UFC HOF means nothing to him. his HOF is with the fans, and he will certainly be in that one.

A couple goofball choices on a steroid test at the end of his career isnt going to ruin his legacy just like GSP *winning* or not against Hendricks isnt going to ruin his.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:43 PM   #1538

Old 09-26-2014, 06:01 PM   #1539

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
who really cares about the HOF. the UFC HOF is basically Dana picking names for a website.

every other HOF is lead by a HOF foundation that encompass the world wide sport. the MMA HOF is just a UFC gimick at this point.

As Wand said in the interview, a UFC HOF means nothing to him. his HOF is with the fans, and he will certainly be in that one.

A couple goofball choices on a steroid test at the end of his career isnt going to ruin his legacy just like GSP *winning* or not against Hendricks isnt going to ruin his.
I agree with you on the HOF, but how does GSP's win over Hendricks tarnish his career? Especially at the level of BJ or Wanderlei? If you don't like the ruling, blame the judges, not GSP.

Also he didn't take a leave of absence to duck the rematch. I'm not sure if the full story will come out, but to him it was enough reason to semi retire... I don't think it was, and neither does Dana... But he'll be back eventually. Maybe not as a top competitor anymore (his legs are pretty shot) but he's still a star.

The idea that a controversial win (and if you go by the 10-9 ruling, it's not even that controversial) can tarnish a legacy of being literally one of the best fighters to ever exist... I don't get it
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2014, 06:48 PM   #1540

I'm actually on the side that agrees he won based on the current points system. I just used it as a comparison as it was the first to pop into my head. alot of the Internet likes to talk about how it was a phony decision and a bad way to retire. I don't think anyone will remember in 2 years

As for BJ. I think his legacy is definitely damaged. He was a beast when he was younger when most people didn't know about mma, and then had a good run up to the Diego fight, but the BJ the mainstream fans know is the one who basically lost the last 1/3d of his career over the last 5 years, and the hardcore fans know he lost his heart and stopped training
Old 09-26-2014, 08:51 PM   #1541
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,779 Times in 2,488 Posts
i'm in the same boat gsp won on points. it's actually really annoying hearing hendricks QQ acting like he won.

i like the way mcgregor talks and hypes himself and his fights, but a part of me is rooting for dustin.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 05:25 PM   #1542
i like gifs

Conor ftmfw
Old 09-27-2014, 05:42 PM   #1543

Cruz looked damn good to me

Wudnt be surprised if he gets dillashaw next and barao gets assuncao/caraway winner

"Nothing's changed..im just looking to beating up more alpha fails"
Old 09-27-2014, 05:42 PM   #1544

Was never a Cruz fan before, but oh man Im so happy he got a win and a good one at that! Feel so good for the guy after all hes been thru.
Old 09-27-2014, 06:14 PM   #1545
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Cruz vs TJ or Cruz vs Barao pls, either one works

this was a pretty good pre-prelim fight

Derp Dean refin Conor/Poirier fight btw

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 08:48 PM   #1546

Good win for the notorious... ppl fighting him has to remember one thing by now. just keep their cool during the prefight stuff... Mcgregor's game wants you to fight with anger lol

Mcgregor vs Bermudez/Lamas winner would be nice.... but I can see him bypassing them for a title shot next for sure. Are there any good wrestlers in 145??
Old 09-27-2014, 09:03 PM   #1547

I like Yoel Romero but that was some BS move by him and his corner...he gets rocked towards end of the 2nd.. then left the cage to start the 3rd with romero still sitting on the chair to buy him time lol

Last edited by 411ken; 09-27-2014 at 09:14 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 09:11 AM   #1548

Conor.. What did I say?

Romero got an extra 17 seconds on the stool... I don't know how much that helped...

It probably had less of an effect than Rockhold holding Romero's glove on this exchange:

I thought it was an awesome fight otherwise!

Great card overall... I'm just glad that I have a new fighter I can follow that gets my heart beating during their fights. Conor reminds me of GSP or Anderson in their prime... Just SO much better than their opponent, it just looks effortless to them.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2014, 08:21 PM   #1549
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,213 Posts
Conor is definitely a guy I will be trying to catch every time he fights, although I think his next fight against a #1 or #2 guy in the division will really show if he's on a GSP or Anderson level. Hard to hate a guy who talks shit and backs it up though
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:10 AM   #1550

whether it has been 17 seconds or whatever.....still a dirty move by the team.I don't think Romero would've been able to walk had he tried to answer the bell......and I agree.. good fight tho.

as for that gif.. it's clear Tim went for the wrist and got down to the gloves for a second or 2 as Romero was backing away.