REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #26
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark View Post
what is there more to answer? when we noticed that the machines were down, we asked one of the transit workers there at the station, he said dont worry about it and go on. You really expect me to get off on the next station and buy another ticket when i was told by the guy who WORKS there to not worry about it?
The guy who works there, does not give a crap about you getting a ticket. He is probably thinking get away from me and stop asking me stupid questions!

Cover your own ass, and do not assume it is safe because some one else said its ok.

In all, you are lucky the cops voided the ticket.
Advertisement
Gunsmokez is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #27
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
what is there more to answer? when we noticed that the machines were down, we asked one of the transit workers there at the station, he said dont worry about it and go on. You really expect me to get off on the next station and buy another ticket when i was told by the guy who WORKS there to not worry about it?
I understand that you were obviously frustrated, but as others have pointed out....it was your fault your night was ruined. This did not need to be a huge issue and I think you are blowing it a little out of proportion. To be honest, I can not really see these officers "shouting in your face" unless you were not listening to them.

As someone else pointed out, you could have explained the situation and if you did not get the answer you wanted, you could have continued about your business and disputed the ticket this week.

Furthermore, you could and SHOULD have exited the train at the next stop to purchase a ticket. I doubt the guy you talked to at the station intended for you to ride the rest of the night for free because one station was down....come on, dude.

Calm down and step back from the situation...put yourself in their shoes. What else could they have done?
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2013, 02:18 PM   #28
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
I understand that you were obviously frustrated, but as others have pointed out....it was your fault your night was ruined. This did not need to be a huge issue and I think you are blowing it a little out of proportion. To be honest, I can not really see these officers "shouting in your face" unless you were not listening to them.

As someone else pointed out, you could have explained the situation and if you did not get the answer you wanted, you could have continued about your business and disputed the ticket this week.

Furthermore, you could and SHOULD have exited the train at the next stop to purchase a ticket. I doubt the guy you talked to at the station intended for you to ride the rest of the night for free because one station was down....come on, dude.

Calm down and step back from the situation...put yourself in their shoes. What else could they have done?
When i was told by the police that the machines were fine, i was starting to think the out of order stickers were a prank by some kids. Which means.... if i dispute the ticket in court, there will be no records of the machines being down at lougheed station, and therefore we will be called liers and pay for the ticket.

We went back, to take pictures of the out of order stickers for evidence. It was a confusing situational problem
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #29
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
next time take a picture with your phone for a back up.
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #30
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
next time take a picture with your phone for a back up.
Out of anything in this thread, I think this is the best advice we can all take.

jpark, this situation would not have happened at all if you had just bought your ticket at the next station...this is where, I think, you have lost the support of fellow RSers. Where the "out of order" was legit, a joke, an old sticker, only on one machine, etc...you can not ride the skytrain for free. End of story.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2013, 02:32 PM   #31
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,044 Times in 2,077 Posts
You also chose to go back to Lougheed rather than hit the club so I wouldn't say they ruined your night. Also, going back saved you the fine. IMO it was time well spent.

club tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:38 PM   #32
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
The guy shared a story and everyone is ragging on him.

Jesus fucking Christ.

I'm going to ride my bike and post a thread on it and see how much all you egg beaters like it.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2013, 02:43 PM   #33
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Lol, dude posted his rant and he gets ragged on. Gotta love RS.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:03 PM   #34
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
ranting is one thing, but how he pointed fingers is another
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:03 PM   #35
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,044 Times in 2,077 Posts
Easy there White Knights.

He posted a rant and people are pointing out that it's kind of his fault. If people didn't point that out, he would continue to tell his story thinking he was in the right. Now imagine he's telling his super cool story to this smoking hot chick who wants to suck his D. Suddenly, she's thinking, "wait a minute, this guy was in the wrong and here he is ranting. I'm gonna go suck on some other dude's D."

IMO, we're doing him a service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2013, 03:20 PM   #36
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,697 Times in 1,625 Posts
All things being said, major respect for planning ahead to not drink/drive.

Hopefully this incident doesn't make you choose otherwise next time.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2013, 03:30 PM   #37
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
Quote:
So you would be happy in this situation?
what about the time they wasted for me and my buddy? what about the club tickets that were wasted because we wouldn't go? was i expecting them to bow down? no. All i wanted was a simple apology for wasting my night. which didnt happen.
I think this is more true.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:57 PM   #38
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Guys I think the real question behind this thread is why did honda stop making a lightweight, high revving, well handling, RWD roadster?

Is this a sign that we all, as drivers, are moving towards cars that are more like appliances than machines that invoke emotion?

A question to ponder on the porcelain throne next time
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2013, 04:22 PM   #39
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
Easy there White Knights.

He posted a rant and people are pointing out that it's kind of his fault. If people didn't point that out, he would continue to tell his story thinking he was in the right. Now imagine he's telling his super cool story to this smoking hot chick who wants to suck his D. Suddenly, she's thinking, "wait a minute, this guy was in the wrong and here he is ranting. I'm gonna go suck on some other dude's D."

IMO, we're doing him a service.
Wow. Managed to find the only two cops in Vancouver with an attitude.

Shocker.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #40
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
turn on time stamp or dating on phone cam.

take picture of machine with "out of service" sign w/ time and date stamp

may or may not have helped, but at least you have some evidence for disputing, if you didnt happen to have the luck of running into them again.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #41
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

From reading the OP's testimony, the cops were going by the book and the OP and his friend really should have used their head and got off the next station and purchased a ticket. I have no idea why you think you deserve to ride for free just because the machines were down.

With that said, I do think transit cops really do have an attitude problem. It's almost as if the transit authority gives preferential treatment to "cops" (reall glorified security guards) that are the biggest assholes.

Last edited by FARMER; 10-27-2013 at 07:45 PM.
FARMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:03 PM   #42
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
I bet most of you guys wouldn't have remembered to take a picture either...

Also, he could have just requested that they go back and look at the CCTV footage and look at when they come into the station. There are camera's pointed directly at the machines...

Also I bet most people who are saying get off at the next station wouldn't have gotten off and purchased tickets either. If transit can't keep their shit together and have atleast one fuctioning machine at each station when I go to pay, I do not believe it is my responsibility to help them out. JPark had a valid reason and story, and he was obviously in the right otherwise the tickets would not have been cancelled and the officers would have said the same thing "why didnt you get off at the next station and buy your ticket?". Or maybe that idiot transit employee should have been a bit more useful than a sack of potatoes and told Jpark and his friend the same thing.

If this hadnt been the skytrain and it was a bus what would have happened, well I can tell you right away, when the machine doesnt work on a bus the bus is free. I have seen that scenario countless times...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne_200 View Post
They did the right thing once you were able to proof your innocence
You do realize that our justice system works on the basis of "Innocent until proven guilty" , not the other way around. You must be french....

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:19 PM   #43
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
i came in this thread expecting OP to whine about getting ticketed for fare evasion and didn't cut him some slack because the canucks won last night
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #44
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
One thing to learn in life, in work, and in play...CYA. cover your ass. Tough break. And kudos for taking the train instead of driving for a planned night of drinking.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:30 PM   #45
Banned (ABWS)

He took the train cuz they were going drinking and obviously nobody wanted to be a DD. And I've also been told by transit police to just hop on when the machine was broken. Its not about the cops 'doing their job', its about their attitude and giving out misinformation. why is it always the same losers on this forum who rag on people.

For the retards who say it wouldnt have happened if he stopped off at the next station to buy the ticket: what if there were transit cops at the next station? he STILL would have been ticketed.
Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-27-2013, 07:37 PM   #46
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulture View Post
He took the train cuz they were going drinking and obviously nobody wanted to be a DD. And I've also been told by transit police to just hop on when the machine was broken. Its not about the cops 'doing their job', its about their attitude and giving out misinformation. why is it always the same losers on this forum who rag on people.

For the retards who say it wouldnt have happened if he stopped off at the next station to buy the ticket: what if there were transit cops at the next station? he STILL would have been ticketed.
Most likely you are an old member under a new name, but what a bold move calling people retards on your 19th post.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:38 PM   #47
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
lol retards

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2013, 07:39 PM   #48
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Thanked 1,927 Times in 224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
I bet most of you guys wouldn't have remembered to take a picture either...

Also, he could have just requested that they go back and look at the CCTV footage and look at when they come into the station. There are camera's pointed directly at the machines...

Also I bet most people who are saying get off at the next station wouldn't have gotten off and purchased tickets either. If transit can't keep their shit together and have atleast one fuctioning machine at each station when I go to pay, I do not believe it is my responsibility to help them out. JPark had a valid reason and story, and he was obviously in the right otherwise the tickets would not have been cancelled and the officers would have said the same thing "why didnt you get off at the next station and buy your ticket?". Or maybe that idiot transit employee should have been a bit more useful than a sack of potatoes and told Jpark and his friend the same thing.

If this hadnt been the skytrain and it was a bus what would have happened, well I can tell you right away, when the machine doesnt work on a bus the bus is free. I have seen that scenario countless times...

You do realize that our justice system works on the basis of "Innocent until proven guilty" , not the other way around. You must be french....
Or instead of looking back at the footage and wasting everybody's time, they could've asked the Dispatcher if there were any maintenance calls/repairs earlier that day.

Out of the few times I've taken public transit to head to dt, I have not once experienced a ticket check. With that being said, I've experienced attitude when asking for directions. I just let that kind of shit go by me when that happens and realize they deal with all kinds of shit everyday, and my dislike towards translink will always remain the same.

In situation's like this, just work with them in order to help yourself out even if they don't give you a swell time.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:40 PM   #49
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,280 Times in 1,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulture View Post

Your post : failed post ratio broke my screen.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #50
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessNS View Post
Or instead of looking back at the footage and wasting everybody's time, they could've asked the Dispatcher if there were any maintenance calls/repairs earlier that day.
Well my idea was more in the case that some stupid little punk ran up to all the machines and threw up a out of service sign just to fuck with people.

But yes, maintenance logs would also work...

Just seems to me like JPark is not totally out of line here, I mean the officers should have done a little better job investigating, or else maybe the lazy fuck on the end of the phone who they called should probably be staying on top of that shit... Either way, had this gone to a dispute in no scenario is there a way JPark doesnt get that ticket revoked. The only problem here is the wasted time and effort.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: