REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:38 AM   #26
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Pitties are not good in the cold either, as they really can't keep all that warm with such a short coat. I hate the term "outdoor dog." Just a way to sugarcoat the bullshit.
Oh I know, I've got one myself and he doesn't even like going out in this cold.
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:50 AM   #27
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_KB View Post
Oh I know, I've got one myself and he doesn't even like going out in this cold.
Posted via RS Mobile
Which is kinda funny 'cause mine loves playing around in the snow. Unless it's the middle of the night and he's only out on the porch, I have a hell of a time trying to get him to come back inside.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:53 AM   #28
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Which is kinda funny 'cause mine loves playing around in the snow. Unless it's the middle of the night and he's only out on the porch, I have a hell of a time trying to get him to come back inside.
i say this all the time, but knight(my dog) is a freaking weirdo. if i take him outside now he'll start shivering and not really like it. but for some reason loves to prance around in the snow. he does a lot of weird things that dont really make any sense but thats why i love him lol.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2014, 01:01 PM   #29
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
My dogs get that way too. Total fair weather dogs when they're in the backyard but I say "walk" and their whole demeanor changes. They would walk for hours in -20C and love every minute of it.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:17 PM   #30
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Just a clarification.. nothing on the Internet is anonymous. You attach pictures / submit forms, your IP, Useragent info will go along with the post. If you are using a phone make sure your geo info is stripped before submission. The receiver ie is BCAB might not use it, but the metadata of everything you do, still ends up on the server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient_510 View Post
Good for you for doing something about a crime where a victim can't get to the prosecutors themselves.

You can also always submit tips to BCAB - British Columbia Crime Stoppers Society

Completely anonymous, you can attach pictures and links, and you can log back in with the reference number and password to follow up with more information if you have it.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:26 PM   #31
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
I probably have the biggest heart towards animals, but it sounds like some of you may be overreacting a little bit… Maybe. I don't know the exact situation but if a dog has been outside it's entire life, it has climatized to our fairly mild weather. The fact it is a few degrees colder this week is not going to hurt the dog(pending they have proper shelter). Completely different story if it's an indoor/outdoor dog and does not get that chance to build up a warm coat.

It's a different story when I saw Rotweillers outside in -30. They aren't Huskies. I could have shot the guy.

But as I said, I don't know the situation your dealing with, and your reasoning could be completely correct. Just a warning to make sure you know the situation before you act.

Last edited by hud 91gt; 02-06-2014 at 01:37 PM.
hud 91gt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:03 PM   #32
N8
I STILL don't get it

Make the motherfucker pay as animals can never speak for themselves.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:24 PM   #33
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8 View Post
Make the motherfucker pay as animals can never speak for themselves.
What about parrots?
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2014, 05:11 PM   #34
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
I don't know the exact situation but if a dog has been outside it's entire life, it has climatized to our fairly mild weather. The fact it is a few degrees colder this week is not going to hurt the dog(pending they have proper shelter).
Agreed, your weather down there is pretty mild and some dogs love love love the cold (mostly breeds like Huskies and mountain dogs, etc tho). IMO having a cold-climate dog someplace hot is nearly as cruel as having a arm weather dog in the cold. I get a tad bit annoyed when I see something like a Husky in California.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote