REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   YVR Designer Outlet set to open in Spring of 2015 !!! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/692504-yvr-designer-outlet-set-open-spring-2015-a.html)

tru_blue 02-03-2014 01:40 AM

YVR Designer Outlet set to open in Spring of 2015 !!!

So I guess no need to go to the Seattle premium outlets anymore?

Do you guys think this outlet will be a success?

The link:

YVR's designer outlet construction begins - News - Richmond News

rsx 02-03-2014 01:43 AM

It'll still be expensive as fuck tho.

v_tec 02-03-2014 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tru_blue (Post 8410348)
So I guess no need to go to the Seattle premium outlets anymore?

You must be gullible as fuck to believe pricing will be on par with Seattle.

Xu.Vi 02-03-2014 02:43 AM

An outdoor mall in Vancouver......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .........................................

Mr.Money 02-03-2014 04:41 AM

Whats Robson street for again?.....IMO...tourists barely hit the local small shops at YVR for the exception of the 7/11 store that's known world wide....the rest..meh...they should've got more Restaurants set up like Tim Hortons coffee

Lomac 02-03-2014 07:26 AM

That's among the worst - and laziest - news articles I've read in a long time. Are attention spans really so short these days that they can't have more than two or three sentences? lol

And, no, this isn't going to even begin to compete with the outlet stores down south. It'll probably be "cheaper" than the local retail stores, but nowhere near what you can find in Washington or Oregon.

Hondaracer 02-03-2014 07:29 AM

Outlets - to go buy cheap leftovers you probably wouldn't buy anyway but the price is right
Posted via RS Mobile

melloman 02-03-2014 07:59 AM

I would've figured they would've atleast tried to copy Premiums concept of... keeping the walkways covered. Whoever thought up the idea of "Lets duplicate Italy" is retarded, because yknow, it rains 300/365 days in Italy too.. :facepalm:

Otherwise.. who the fuck is going to this outlet mall? Luxury brand shit only.. :rukidding:
Atleast it's being paid for by YVR. :thumbsup:

jeedee 02-03-2014 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsx (Post 8410349)
It'll still be expensive as fuck tho.

its lavish, bitch

sonick 02-03-2014 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melloman (Post 8410387)
Otherwise.. who the fuck is going to this outlet mall? Luxury brand shit only.. :rukidding:

People travelling to/from China, People laying over travelling to/from China, locals picking up relatives coming from China, China, China.

Liquid_o2 02-03-2014 09:48 AM

The pricing won't be on par with Seattle because the brand selection will be completely different. This will be the first McArthurGlen (who are based out of the UK) outlet in North America, and they are viewed as a lot better quality than Premium Outlets which is catered to mid-market consumers.

I personally can never find anything good at Seattle Premium Outlets, so I pretty much stopped going there.

The McArthurGlen outlets will still have mid-level brands like Nike, Adidas, Tommy, etc., but also brands like Lacoste, Ted Baker, SuperDry, etc. Yes it won't be as cheap as the States, but it will be cheaper than buying regular price, plus the time I save not having to cross the border and drive down is worth it.

And if open air works in the UK, it can work in Vancouver, it's not like we aren't used to walking in the rain with an umbrella.

Gumby 02-03-2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick (Post 8410412)
People travelling to/from China, People laying over travelling to/from China, locals picking up relatives coming from China, China, China.

Thanks - I thought it would be obvious that travellers to/from China would be the target market for an outlet mall right beside YVR...

AzNightmare 02-03-2014 11:24 AM

lol, I didn't realize this was going to be an outdoor mall...

I thought it was like the Venetian Hotel in Vegas, with the painted sky on the ceiling.

I guess I just assumed that initially, cause the sky in the concept render looks fake.
http://www.richmond-news.com/polopol...pe_563/yvr.jpg

Ch28 02-03-2014 11:48 AM

I can't wait to see this outlet fail miserably. Open outdoor outlet where it rains 75% of the year? SMRT

Traum 02-03-2014 11:50 AM

Quote:

The obvious target audience is the rich Mainland Chinese folks. With the outlet located on Sea Island, it'll be a short convenient ride / drive for them as well since a good bulk of that population already lives in Richmond (especially around the main Chinese enclave). Once the outlet becomes operational, I would be rather surprised if there isn't some sort of shuttle service set up to pick up customers from Richmond Center, Aberdeen, etc. and take them to the outlet.

With the exchange rate going into the dumps, I think that'll keep the Sea Island outlet at least somewhat competitive. Furthermore, don't forget that those with Mainland Chinese passports are required to get a US visa to head down to the States, and not all of them are able to obtain that.

OGCStrike 02-03-2014 12:05 PM

driving in richmond is already horrible. more traffic + c-rais roaming around richmond? gg :fuckthatshit:

JSALES 02-03-2014 01:20 PM

All the construction at templeton skytrain station is pissing me off for this outlet mall to be built

Spoon 02-03-2014 01:36 PM

Quote:

That's when they realize how backwards Vancouver is. We'll be selling them stuff they could get in Asia 6 months ago. :awwyeah:

Qmx323 02-03-2014 02:24 PM

Quote:

Oh and don't forget

China, China china, and from China, to China.

hal0g0dv2 02-03-2014 03:01 PM

can't wait
Much excited
Posted via RS Mobile

Mr.C 02-03-2014 03:33 PM

Rich Brazilians that can't get a US visa will love it.

It will be a success.

Ulic Qel-Droma 02-03-2014 03:41 PM

the way our currency is going, maybe the americans will start coming up to our outlets hahaha...

skiiipi 02-03-2014 06:30 PM

This should do well as long as its a higher end outlet as promised.
From what I read the outlets will include burberry, prada, ferragamo, georgio armani etc.
These brands will do well given the brand conscious asian consumers that we have in Vancouver.

I'm more curious about how the giant mall in Tsawwassen Mills will do....its suppose to be larger than Metropolis with a bunch of large anchors and smaller retailers. More accessible price range wise for the average working class as compared to his outlet in YVR.

PiuYi 02-03-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melloman (Post 8410387)
Atleast it's being paid for by YVR. :thumbsup:

who will in turn crank up that "airport improvement fee", which i think is already at $20/ticket out of YVR

fivetwo 02-03-2014 07:19 PM

Parking is gonna such a pain with all the clais in there cars talking up multiple spots because they dont want people ding their cars and ruin their shitty mm design wrap
Posted via RS Mobile