REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Police murder dude (https://www.revscene.net/forums/693747-police-murder-dude.html)

FishTaco 03-22-2014 01:52 AM

Police murder dude

Special forces in Afghanist... oh....correction. "Police" in Albuquerque.

Man holds knife. Police throw flashbang. Man tries to run. Police shoot with assault rifles. Police shoot with bean bags and taser. Dog chews on corpse. Dude is died. Much murder.

Harvey Specter 03-22-2014 02:07 AM

Full story:

Quote:

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — Officers fired six shots at a man who was killed in the Sandia foothills Sunday after he refused to drop his knives and made threatening moves during a standoff with police, Albuquerque Police Chief Gorden Eden said Friday.

Speaking to reporters during a press conference, Eden said two officers fired three shots each after James M. Boyd, 38, threatened to kill officers and held onto knives as an unarmed K-9 officer approached him.

A police helmet camera video released Friday showed Boyd turning away as officers unloaded with beanbags, stun guns and live rounds. In another video, officers can be heard yelling at Boyd to "drop the knife," and Boyd gives angry, vulgar responses during the lengthy standoff.

Boyd, who police say had a lengthy criminal record, later died. However, Eden said the medical examiner has not yet determined if the bullets killed Boyd.

Eden said police responding to a suspicious-person call found Boyd sleeping at what looked like an illegal makeshift camp. Eden said Boyd later claimed to be a federal agent and demanded to see officers with New Mexico State Police, who he also threatened to kill.

"The officers were attempting to affect a felony arrest using less-than lethal weapons, including a distractive device, K9, and a Taser shotgun," Eden said.

Authorities said Boyd threatened to kill a Crisis Intervention Team officer called to the scene.

When Boyd refused to follow police orders and an unarmed K9 officer got close to him, officers Keith Sandy and Dominique Perez shot toward Boyd, Eden said.

The helmet video camera showed an injured Boyd with two 5-inch knives in his hand when officers surrounded and handcuffed him.

"The suspect did in fact make a decision not to follow the directions that (were) provided to him by the officers," Eden said. "On many occasions he said that he was not going to come off that mountain."

Asked if he thought the officers' actions were justified, Eden said yes.

According to a video of the shooting obtained by the Albuquerque Journal, half a dozen officers appeared to be standing about 20 feet away from the man while shouting "Get on the ground!" Then an initial burst of gunfire rang out.

Eden said many of Boyd's prior arrests were for violent crimes, including a December 2010 arrest on charges he punched a female officer and fractured her nose at a city library.

The shooting comes as Albuquerque police is under a U.S. Justice Department investigation over excessive force and three dozen police shootings since 2010

FishTaco 03-22-2014 02:11 AM

forgot to include the link. thanks

doritos 03-22-2014 02:21 AM

fucking pigs, they got all those guns and they are scared of a guy with two knives? they could easily have held him down without using excessive force.

Gumby 03-22-2014 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishTaco (Post 8441791)
Special forces in Afghanist... oh....correction. "Police" in Albuquerque.

Man holds knife. Police throw flashbang. Man tries to run. Police shoot with assault rifles. Police shoot with bean bags and taser. Dog chews on corpse. Dude is died. Much murder.

Do you speak English? :fulloffuck:

Quote:

Originally Posted by doritos (Post 8441805)
fucking pigs, they got all those guns and they are scared of a guy with two knives? they could easily have held him down without using excessive force.

This has been covered multiple times... :facepalm:

Get a friend to hold a black sharpie marker. Try to take the sharpie from him with your bare hands. Every time he makes a mark on you, congrats - you have been slashed!

CharlesInCharge 03-22-2014 03:14 AM

What was he going to do out there that the police needed to stop, piss on the rocks?
America has one of the worst human rights record.

Hot Karl 03-22-2014 04:41 AM

release the hounds! +1 worth the click.

The_Situation 03-22-2014 07:10 AM

Quote:

You have to be trolling... Try to test this theory out fucking Darwin Award canadite here.
Posted via RS Mobile

FishTaco 03-22-2014 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumby (Post 8441808)
Do you speak English? :fulloffuck:

This has been covered multiple times... :facepalm:

Get a friend to hold a black sharpie marker. Try to take the sharpie from him with your bare hands. Every time he makes a mark on you, congrats - you have been slashed!

Do I speak English? I certainly hope so son. I am a teacher. You need to learn how to internet my friend.

And as far as the comment on holding him down, well, that's not exactly how it works. You think the police would try to martial arts this knife from his hand lol?

It would have been nice to see them use police tactics instead of military. I can tell that the guy that was wearing the camera is ex-army or reserves by the way he says "moving up" and by the tactical gear. It would have been nice to see the officers keep their distance and use non-lethal force before lethal force. They made a move towards him in anticipation of him showing any type of threatening motion so that they would be "justified" in shooting him.

But what would I know, I only spent 4 years in the Army and served in Afghanistan when I was P.P.C.L.I. :concentrate:

StylinRed 03-22-2014 07:55 AM

videos gone

HKS PWR 03-22-2014 08:27 AM

I don't have a problem with the police using lethal force to put down a suspect that is armed and advancing towards them (especially when that person has been warned repeatedly). What troubles me is that the suspect appears to be shot with his back turned to the police, while trying to flee. It just seems so undignified.

jaguar604 03-22-2014 09:33 AM

I've posted this before so here it is again.

Never ever get into a knife fight. Run the fuck away. I'd rather be shot at than having someone with a knife charge at me.

320icar 03-22-2014 09:33 AM

Quote:

If you start your argument with saying "fucking pigs", i instantly discredit EVERYTHING you have to say. Pretty sure most of society will feel the same.
Posted via RS Mobile

nns 03-22-2014 10:22 AM

Lets turn this shit thread into a better thread.

70% posting this cause of cute girl.

DragonChi 03-22-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishTaco (Post 8441830)
Do I speak English? I certainly hope so son. I am a teacher. You need to learn how to internet my friend.

And as far as the comment on holding him down, well, that's not exactly how it works. You think the police would try to martial arts this knife from his hand lol?

It would have been nice to see them use police tactics instead of military. I can tell that the guy that was wearing the camera is ex-army or reserves by the way he says "moving up" and by the tactical gear. It would have been nice to see the officers keep their distance and use non-lethal force before lethal force. They made a move towards him in anticipation of him showing any type of threatening motion so that they would be "justified" in shooting him.

But what would I know, I only spent 4 years in the Army and served in Afghanistan when I was P.P.C.L.I. :concentrate:

So you're saying you would still try to take me down if I had a knife?

Gucci Mane 03-22-2014 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HKS PWR (Post 8441841)
I don't have a problem with the police using lethal force to put down a suspect that is armed and advancing towards them (especially when that person has been warned repeatedly). What troubles me is that the suspect appears to be shot with his back turned to the police, while trying to flee. It just seems so undignified.

yeah its like that kid that was killed on that bus in T.O. why the fuck couldn't the cops fire the bean bag gun at him and then taser him to subdue him? discharging their weapon should be a last resort in a situation like this.

vafanculo 03-22-2014 12:16 PM

There are times that I completely agree with cops, and that the guy deserved it, brought it upon himself, etc. There are also times I don't really agree with them but I can see them justifying it. This case, however, is completely opposite.

First off, the way the guy looked and sounded, it reminded me of the fat guy from the hangover, it was almost comical until they fired the first shot. Wasnt that guy saying not to shoot him as he started making his way down? He's clearly seen a video or two of police shootings.

I couldn't tell because of the quality of the feed..but was he hiding the knives? I was surprised they fired that first stun shot as he was volunteering to come down..what did they expect him to do after stunning him? Of course he's gonna react..he reacted by running away from them and they still shot him.

This is a great video to show cop trainees on how not to handle a situation. It could be one of those comical videos that teachers start off with to loosen the mood and break the ice in class.
Posted via RS Mobile

BrRsn 03-22-2014 12:42 PM

his life was in his hands, he decided to throw it away by not dropping the weapon when asked to -- I'd rather a worthless human being die than an innocent police dog get stabbed/killed .. or worse another human

supremematt85 03-22-2014 12:52 PM

The police could have tackled him is bullshit.

Police officers enforce the law while still being safe. If a suspect has lethal intent, it's necessary to shoot to stop the threat.

Put yourself in their shoes. If some guy is waving a knife at you and you have already told him to disarm. Are you really going to risk some "PR" stunt to tackle him which is most likely against protocol while at the same time being as risk of getting shank ed and stabbed. You've just created a bigger problem from a smaller one. Not only did you get stabbed, the suspect might have access to your firearm too now; which means he's definitely getting lit up. Instead of having just 1 person subdued, you now have 1 person shanked and another dead.

Also most police officers have family too, do you really think they are going to risk their lives for some unknown with a knife with the possibility of getting shanked or stabbed.
Posted via RS Mobile

FishTaco 03-22-2014 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonChi (Post 8441889)
So you're saying you would still try to take me down if I had a knife?

Well anyone can say "I would have blah blah blah" from the comfort of their chair after dissecting the video. What I am saying is, that they resorted to lethal before non-lethal. That's the whole point of them having the stuff. The flashbang had little effect. Ok, let's rethink this. We are in the middle of a fucking a desert. This guy poses 0 threat to anyone with his knives until the police put themselves in danger. Let's give him some space and try the next step of escalation of force. Now use the beanbags and tasers and pepper spray. Guarantee he won't be holding the knife for long. When the knife is dropped, then send in the K9. If he poses a threat, fucking blast away you trigger-happy psychos.

viet604778 03-23-2014 11:12 PM

Video below is a Helmet Cam of the cops. "Graphic"

snails 03-23-2014 11:22 PM

like posted above.. his life was in his own hands. he made the simple choice to be shot when he didnt put down his weapons and get his ass to the ground. he pretty much pulled the trigger for the cops.

if a fcking cop pointed a gun at me whether its a bean bag, taser or real bullets my ass would comply if i didnt wanna get shot. someone that dosnt mind getting shot/dosnt comprehend whats going on is a huge threat when handling any sort of weapon.

2 wrongs dont make a right. but the guy had weapons. if the cops shot an unarmed man it would be a different story

CharlesInCharge 03-24-2014 12:32 AM

I cant believe the people on LiveLeak (and I read pages and pages of comments) have more heart for this dead guy then the members here...

Ronin 03-24-2014 12:52 AM

When people aren't a threat, the cops need to take it easy but when someone is clearly fucking with them and is a threat to their safety or any bystanders, well...that's the guy with the knives' fault for being a moron.

GLOW 03-24-2014 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viet604778 (Post 8442664)

A lot of the cop videos posted in the past I've agreed they had to follow training and do their job. But I just watched it and it seemed really fast as to what happened. What unsettled me was the 1 guy fucking double tapped him in the back while he was lying down on his stomach after being shot. That can't be part of their training can it???

Almost comical to cuff him at the end after that