REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-13-2014, 10:07 AM   #101
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
i keep forgetting these are made in brampton ontario?

Advertisement
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 11-13-2014 at 01:07 PM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2014, 10:58 AM   #102
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
A customer I know place a $5000 deposit for one in the color combo he wanted and doesn't even know if he will get it. Seem like these are hard to get.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:11 PM   #103
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

I believe the Hellcat cars have only just begun to hit the dealerships, so one would probably have to wait a while for stock to build up.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:37 AM   #104
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,336 Times in 5,647 Posts
RS, where people would prefer to have a "rocket bunny" FRS than a 800hp peice of American muscle.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:10 AM   #105
Witness protection

"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
Old 01-10-2015, 11:33 AM   #106
spammin my services for a case of stella...

im selling mine if anyone is interested =)
its 2010 and not a hellcat obviously

quality > quantity
midnight_r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-12-2015, 04:25 AM   #107
Witness protection

This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2015, 02:43 AM   #108
RS Lurker, I don't post!

That doesn't sound good. It just sounds annoying.
xvjnh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2015, 07:20 PM   #109
Witness protection

This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2015, 11:39 AM   #110
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Hellcat (Charger) goes 204MPH

capt_slo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 11:59 AM   #111
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
RS, where people would prefer to have a "rocket bunny" FRS than a 800hp peice of American muscle.
oh fuck that shit, Nismo GT-R will smoke Hellcat like nobody's business.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2015, 02:52 PM   #112
2 Wheelin' Mod

Just to annoy timpo
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:54 PM   #113
RS Lurker, I don't post!

That doesn't sound good. It just sounds annoying.
xghgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:57 PM   #114
Witness protection

Old 04-14-2015, 08:46 PM   #115
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
That's some pretty shitty time at the streets of willow, barely faster than a WRX?

Yes yes, it's fast in a straight line, but seriously you can't even redline in first gear without risking an excessive speeding ticket.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2015, 11:07 PM   #116
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
oh fuck that shit, Nismo GT-R will smoke Hellcat like nobody's business.

Your gramma can pull an 11 in either of them!

That fact kind of makes those cars a little... ehhh... who cares?

Type of ride you need if you want to be the biggest cock in the room and it attracts fan boys that know fuck all about driving and end up quoting magazines when they haven't even been to a track, never spin their tires and probably drive a fucking automatic!

Yes they are wonders of technology but modern cars have less appeal, to me, than ever before. When the Tesla flies by me on my bicycle it just seems like the type of car your dentist or dad might drive. The thing is a lightning bolt for sure, but it is silent like an emo kid who sits in their room afraid to say anything.

I think it was JasonTurbo who said how impossible it is to take the GT3 close to its limits on the street, while with an older car you can punch it and toss them around much more without fear of breaking too many laws. Fuck if you floor it in a new GT-R or Hellcat nearly anywhere for more than 3 seconds you're already begging for your car to be towed.

Driving one of these cars is probably fucking INSANELY fun at the track, but who can handle the thought of writing off a 100k car if you make one bad move or happen to hit someone else's oil?

You can have more fun driving a slower car that feels more alive and will get you in less trouble. Plus if you crash one at the track, throw it in the gutter and go buy another!
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2015, 12:52 AM   #117
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flagella View Post
That's some pretty shitty time at the streets of willow, barely faster than a WRX?

Yes yes, it's fast in a straight line, but seriously you can't even redline in first gear without risking an excessive speeding ticket.
not even about it being fast in a straight line, its a gt car. a long distance cruiser that can handle the highways with ease..
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:55 PM   #118
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
Your gramma can pull an 11 in either of them!

That fact kind of makes those cars a little... ehhh... who cares?

Type of ride you need if you want to be the biggest cock in the room and it attracts fan boys that know fuck all about driving and end up quoting magazines when they haven't even been to a track, never spin their tires and probably drive a fucking automatic!

Yes they are wonders of technology but modern cars have less appeal, to me, than ever before. When the Tesla flies by me on my bicycle it just seems like the type of car your dentist or dad might drive. The thing is a lightning bolt for sure, but it is silent like an emo kid who sits in their room afraid to say anything.

I think it was JasonTurbo who said how impossible it is to take the GT3 close to its limits on the street, while with an older car you can punch it and toss them around much more without fear of breaking too many laws. Fuck if you floor it in a new GT-R or Hellcat nearly anywhere for more than 3 seconds you're already begging for your car to be towed.

Driving one of these cars is probably fucking INSANELY fun at the track, but who can handle the thought of writing off a 100k car if you make one bad move or happen to hit someone else's oil?

You can have more fun driving a slower car that feels more alive and will get you in less trouble. Plus if you crash one at the track, throw it in the gutter and go buy another!
this sort of debate happens on train/railroad forums too

some people love steam locomotives

some people get fascinated by maglevs
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote