REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 03:15 PM   #351
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
schneids could be out and test the waters. NJ looks lost, dont know if he wants to be with a non contending team for a while

fantasy case, he comes back and re signs
I miss Schneider. Maybe a deal around Schneider & Jagr for Kesler/Markstrom or Lack

I know one thing, I don't want Ryan Miller or Hiller anywhere near this team. Was funny how everyone and their mother thought St.Louis was a lock to win when they traded for Miller
Advertisement
Old 06-26-2014, 03:32 PM   #352
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Tank View Post
I miss Schneider. Maybe a deal around Schneider & Jagr for Kesler/Markstrom or Lack

I know one thing, I don't want Ryan Miller or Hiller anywhere near this team. Was funny how everyone and their mother thought St.Louis was a lock to win when they traded for Miller
Jonas Hiller is a better goalie than Miller, and much better than you think he is. Guy was great for Anaheim, with the exception of when he went down with vertigo, and those couple years when the Ducks decided to collectively suck. Only reason they let him go was because of his new salary demands and the fact we have Andersen and Gibson ready to go.

THE ROCK: "What's your favorite donut?"
DETECTIVE #2: "Jelly."
THE ROCK: "Oh, you like jelly. Well, jelly's a good one. The Rock says this; write this down. When you leave here, go down to Dunkin Donuts, get the biggest jelly donut you can find!"
(crowd pops louder)
LAWLER: "Oh, no... this guy's a COP!"
THE ROCK: "Write it down. Hold that jelly donut up, SQUEEZE all the jelly out, squeeze all the-- write it down; you like writing things down-- squeeze all the jelly out, and then-- write this down, you don't want to forget this-- TURN that sumbitch sideways, and stick it STRAIGHT UP your CANDY ASS!"

Old 06-26-2014, 04:15 PM   #353
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
So we traded Schneider and the entire city said we should've asked for more as he's a franchise goalie, etc etc... now that he could be had again, I read something as to why we would even want to sign him if he wants to come back?? all in a matter of 1 year lol...

I'm pretty sure he's only 28 years old as well.
#CanuckFans
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2014, 04:52 PM   #354
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
I called in to 1040 and said somthing along those lines..

Ppl hate on/downplayed the Nucks when they're winning presidents trophies and going to Cup Finals then they're "excited" When you have a rookie President, Rookie GM, Rookie Coach, no starting goalie,and without Kesler, the weakest top 6 in the west..‪#‎CanuckFans‬

I realize you've gotta walk before you run, but the state that the team is in now you've got to be a blind optimist to even think we've got a shot at competing in the next 4 years. And that's puting stock into draft picks, trades, player development, all working out

We've got a front office and coaching staff with almost zero real NHL experience. Things could go sideways far easier than anything going well. I'm typically a pessimist but I've got very little faith in the current situation building a contender and I think by the end of it Linden will leave the organization with a feeling like Gretzky leaving the coyotes rather than a good feelings story.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:53 PM   #355
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

Ppl hate on/downplayed the Nucks when they're winning presidents trophies and going to Cup Finals then they're "excited" When you have a rookie President, Rookie GM, Rookie Coach, no starting goalie,and without Kesler, the weakest top 6 in the west..‪#‎CanuckFans‬

I realize you've gotta walk before you run, but the state that the team is in now you've got to be a blind optimist to even think we've got a shot at competing in the next 4 years. And that's puting stock into draft picks, trades, player development, all working out

We've got a front office and coaching staff with almost zero real NHL experience. Things could go sideways far easier than anything going well. I'm typically a pessimist but I've got very little faith in the current situation building a contender and I think by the end of it Linden will leave the organization with a feeling like Gretzky leaving the coyotes rather than a good feelings story.
Nuck fans generally seem to get overly excited about anything regarding change, for better or for worse.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2014, 05:22 PM   #356
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

Can't screw it up any worse than an inexperienced player agent no one in the league liked taking over the franchise.
Old 06-26-2014, 05:25 PM   #357
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,583 Times in 4,299 Posts
and if they screw it up we hopefully get Mcdavid next year!!
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2014, 06:38 PM   #358
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Vancouver Canucks forward Mike Santorelli earned a roster spot at training camp in the fall of 2013 by showing up in the best shape of his life and slowly securing a top-six spot in the Canucks lineup. Santorelli - who was born and grew up in Vancouver - accomplished this despite being on a one-year, two-way contract.

Though he missed the latter part of the season with injury, Santorelli and agent JP Barry believe that the versatile, undersized, two-way forward has done all of the "value rebuilding" he needs to do, in order to secure a multi-year contract. It's just that the Canucks aren't offering him a multi-year contract...

So the Santorelli-era in Vancouver lasted only modestly longer than the John Tortorella-era, which seems oddly appropriate.
theScore

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 06-26-2014, 06:55 PM   #359
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
It's a shame that they're not going after Santo. He was such a consistent player until his injury.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:01 PM   #360
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,191 Times in 2,411 Posts
Gino Odjick?s last fight: Beloved Canucks enforcer battles terminal heart disease

2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
Old 06-26-2014, 07:02 PM   #361
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,583 Times in 4,299 Posts
So fucken sad
Old 06-26-2014, 07:06 PM   #362
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
So So So So Sad

He looked so happy to be with Pavel on jersey retirement night.

The fans cheered so loud for Gino
Old 06-26-2014, 07:11 PM   #363
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Oh man....Gino
Old 06-26-2014, 07:54 PM   #364
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
holy shit that's horrible to hear
Old 06-26-2014, 08:19 PM   #365
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,074 Times in 1,184 Posts
Yeah such sad news to hear about Gino...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 06-26-2014, 08:19 PM   #366
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
fight on, Gino!
Old 06-26-2014, 08:36 PM   #367
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

All the best, Gino !
Old 06-26-2014, 08:49 PM   #368
I'm invisible

Keep on fighting, don't give up Gino
Old 06-26-2014, 09:19 PM   #369
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
RS supports you Gino! Fight it!
Old 06-26-2014, 09:25 PM   #370
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,318 Times in 647 Posts
Letter from Gino Odjick - Vancouver Canucks - News

Quote:
Dear friends, teammates, and fans,

We have shared many great moments together over the years, but today I need to share news about the biggest fight of my life.

About two months ago I was diagnosed with a rare terminal disease called AL amyloidosis. It’s causing abnormal protein to be produced and deposits are being formed on my heart. It’s hardening my heart and my doctors aren’t sure how long I have to live. Initially they thought years, but now they think it could be a lot less. I could be down to months or even weeks.

I began fighting this disease a few days after Pat Quinn’s ring of honour night. I went to the hospital because I was short of breath and 48 hours later I received the news. I’ve been in the hospital under the supervision of some great doctors ever since. I also have the support of my kids, my sisters, my family and some great friends.

I’m telling you about this now because news is beginning to leak out and I wanted you to hear it from me. I also want you to know that my spirit is strong even if my body isn't. I'm going to use all of my time to be with my kids and everyone I love.

I feel very fortunate for my life. During my career I played in some great NHL cities including, Vancouver, Long Island, Philadelphia and Montreal. In my heart, I will always be a Canuck and I have always had a special relationship here with the fans. Your "Gino, Gino" cheers were my favourite. I wish I could hear them again. You have been amazing.

My teammates became like brothers and am thankful I had the opportunity this past year to re-unite with so many of them. I'll never forget my first NHL game against Chicago and my first goal. It also means the world to me that my hockey career gave me a chance to open doors for kids in Aboriginal community. I was just a little old Indian boy from the Rez. If I could do it, so could they. My hope is that my hockey story helps show kids from home what's possible. I always tell them that education is freedom.

I also made some great friends through hockey and away from the ice as well. Life-long friends who have been with me as I lived out my dream on the ice. It made the journey that much more special and cherished.

This isn't goodbye, but I wanted you to know what is happening. I'm going to stay strong and I hope to spend as much time with my kids as possible.

I understand the media will likely want to learn more, but I hope you can respect my request for privacy as I focus my time on my children and family.

- Gino
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2014, 10:34 PM   #371
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,452 Times in 5,114 Posts
Fuck... who knew I was going to cry before I went to sleep tonight reading the Canucks thread
Old 06-26-2014, 10:59 PM   #372
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
sad
Old 06-26-2014, 11:21 PM   #373
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
That is horrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
Old 06-27-2014, 04:54 AM   #374
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
Hopefully he can fight til the season starts. It'd be nice to see Linden do the right thing and induct him into the ring of honor.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:51 AM   #375
RS controls my life!

Why not sell tickets for an event at Rogers Areana. Induct him into the ring of honor after the draft and donate the profits to his family.
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread