REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-26-2014, 01:21 PM   #26
Banned (ABWS)

Chevy paying "under the table" for favorable review. It's nothing new in the automative world journalism. Automative politics at its best.

I'm sorry I would bet my life savings if you ask any reputable car enthusiast who knows there car stuff if a Chevy was better then a 911 Turbo S, more than 95% or higher would pick the Porsche. As much as I like the ZR1 Corvettes, even they would fall short against the Porsche and that's Chevy's Flagship car.

The list should be:
1.Porsche 911
2.Nissan GTR
3.BMW M4/i8
------------------------------
^ Everything else below the line
Advertisement
Shark Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2014, 01:33 PM   #27
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
The new Z/28 is getting accolades from a lot of auto journalists so it's likely that the car is actually quite good and a true drivers car with it's manual gearbox, raw dog chassis and minimal accessories. Of course the 911 Turbo S should have won but it's two hundred fucking grand!!

Don't get me wrong, I love Porsche as much as the guy P-car lover but the price difference between the two and the creature comforts that the new 911 Turbo S offers takes away from the "drivers car" awards IMO. But who knows, maybe you're right and Chevy greased the writers for a win :shrug:
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 04:50 PM   #28
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,280 Times in 1,968 Posts
I guess the Z/28 won because it's the most 'car' out of the bunch?

By car I mean it's all engineering without luxury gimmicky shit. This car would be a horrible daily driver. 305s in the front

I'm going to use a lame comparison but this could be GM's version of Ferrari hypercars but with different principles in mind I think?

I guess people can't get passed the Camaro shell but the performance numbers don't lie.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:05 AM   #29
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
just looked up the P zero trofeo r on the new Z28.

60 treadwear rating with a replacement cost of around $500usd each

...wow. i wonder what it's like when it rains
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:30 AM   #30
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Shrug, modern cars are pretty much all for bragging rights. How many people actually push their car beyond 5/10s of what they're capable of?
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote