REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:05 AM   #51
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
I've always been a big fan of dignity.
I'd like to be rich, but I'll shoot myself in the face before I try and scam my friends and family with a product or idea that isn't worth what they are being asked to pay for it. High pressure sales aren't my thing. If you have a sales mentality, get in to a sales position for a product you believe in. You will be better at it and be happy at the end of the day.
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 10:12 AM   #52
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flagella View Post
lol, the fact that they continue to exist is just a reflection of how there continue to be retards in this world.

Look around you man, everyone is trying to sell you on something, and I mean everyone, just some are far more overt with their methods
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 10:19 AM   #53
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,170 Times in 1,552 Posts
Those who can, do. Those who can't, join MLM and buy extended warranties with subscription.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:17 PM   #54
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,923 Times in 3,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
If you have a sales mentality, get in to a sales position for a product you believe in. You will be better at it and be happy at the end of the day.
The funny thing is, with the same experience requirements as this MLM crap (ie none) you can get a job at any retail place. If you work decently hard and stick with the same company you can move into being a department manager and potentially a store manager making good money, faster and easier than this MLM garbage. The "trick" is to stick with the same company, most people get bored and change jobs for no real reason but then you're starting from zero again.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2015, 01:12 PM   #55
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Wow.. feel bad for you guys with friends who bug you with this kind of stuff. I've never been approached by anyone except some fat dude at a hockey rink parking lot. We all told him to beat it... trying to recruit entire teams lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 03:25 PM   #56
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahhbeehhaaaa View Post
I was in one of of them, I wanted to understand how their system run.

No, I'm keeping an open mind to opportunities. But what if I did get it from the brochures? You too got information from your family and friends?. The most important point here is to gain experience and if things go well, stay, if not, get out!
Goodness, I hope you aren't dumb enough that you need to join first to find out what the hell it is about.

This fraud MLM crap have existed for a long time and the reason they continue to not only exist but thrive is because there are so many fucking idiots. The regulators let it slip because it is such a gray area. These companies are essentially fucking scamming you to pay a premium for a piece of shit generic product (most of these companies barely have any R&D expenditures), and in turn you sell these garbage. And guess who most people start with? The people they know (friends, families, etc.). All this gets done in the name of "giving you the opportunities for financial freedom".

If you are a highschool student, maybe I can understand that you are drawn to the idea of shortcuts to quick wealth, but if you have been through post-secondary education and are still clueless about what this is, then you should be ashamed of yourself.

I have been closely following Bill Ackman's (one of the top hedge fund managers) battle against Herbalife (just another piece of shit MLM scam) for the past few years and the research his team has done have been very informative. It bothers me to a great extent that such garbage companies continue to exist and are even publicly listed.

I can go on forever but the presentation in the link below from Bill Ackman's company is quite enlightening. Pretty much further confirmed my understanding of MLM fraud.

http://www.businessweek.com/pdf/who_...illionaire.pdf
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-16-2015, 06:42 PM   #57
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,753 Times in 353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flagella View Post
Goodness, I hope you aren't dumb enough that you need to join first to find out what the hell it is about.

This fraud MLM crap have existed for a long time and the reason they continue to not only exist but thrive is because there are so many fucking idiots. The regulators let it slip because it is such a gray area. These companies are essentially fucking scamming you to pay a premium for a piece of shit generic product (most of these companies barely have any R&D expenditures), and in turn you sell these garbage. And guess who most people start with? The people they know (friends, families, etc.). All this gets done in the name of "giving you the opportunities for financial freedom".

If you are a highschool student, maybe I can understand that you are drawn to the idea of shortcuts to quick wealth, but if you have been through post-secondary education and are still clueless about what this is, then you should be ashamed of yourself.

I have been closely following Bill Ackman's (one of the top hedge fund managers) battle against Herbalife (just another piece of shit MLM scam) for the past few years and the research his team has done have been very informative. It bothers me to a great extent that such garbage companies continue to exist and are even publicly listed.

I can go on forever but the presentation in the link below from Bill Ackman's company is quite enlightening. Pretty much further confirmed my understanding of MLM fraud.

http://www.businessweek.com/pdf/who_...illionaire.pdf
I'm trying to control my self from laughing!

First of all, I joined it to understand HOW the system runs and you may ask why. BECAUSE PEOPLE STILL FALL FOR IT.

These what you so called "Fucking Idiots" are people who are just inexperience and are struggling financially.

And you are correct! they start with family and friends, why? because there is TRUST established already. Which is why these system are so powerful.

High school students? quick wealth? are you KIDDING me? I did mention in my previous post this is NOT a get rich quick scheme.

At the end of the day, it is up to that person to decide to join or not. I'm very open minded, I like to try things and gain experience, that's why I joined.

You are such a goof! Keep Your Mind Open!
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2015, 07:16 PM   #58
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:

First of all, I joined it to understand HOW the system runs and you may ask why. BECAUSE PEOPLE STILL FALL FOR IT.

These what you so called "Fucking Idiots" are people who are just inexperience and are struggling financially.

And you are correct! they start with family and friends, why? because there is TRUST established already. Which is why these system are so powerful.

High school students? quick wealth? are you KIDDING me? I did mention in my previous post this is NOT a get rich quick scheme.

At the end of the day, it is up to that person to decide to join or not. I'm very open minded, I like to try things and gain experience, that's why I joined.

I felt compelled to reply after reading your response...

You actually joined the system (by paying the membership fee) to find out "how the system works"? Were you not even in the slightest bit interested to know how they sold products before putting your hard earned money at risk?(see my response and the questions I asked).

Anyone who is not able vet opportunities presented to them in a basic manner deserves to lose their shirt (or in your case the "membership fee").

You point fingers to people calling them dumb ass and struggling financially. Did you really think paying the $75 fee net you a 50k chq working part time in a year or two, especially when you had no idea how the cash was made in the first place.

I wish you the best of luck in your future investment opportunities. I'm sure we will be reading about you in the news papers where you invested 900k into a winery because your lawyer friend told you.

And you I think you should update your sig to this:

The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire;
The size of your dream; and the amount of wisdom you have to evaluate opportunities effectively.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2015, 08:22 PM   #59

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Quote:

After reading your post and your signature, I'm guessing you are one of those very open-minded dumbasses who fall for all sorts of scams. Your stupidity is clearly evidenced by the fact that you had to "join to understand HOW the system runs".
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2015, 09:17 PM   #60
My homepage has been set to RS

if you want experience, go get a job at fucking mcdonalds

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-16-2015, 09:38 PM   #61

hchang, want to meet for coffee? i have a business opportunity to talk to you about

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2015, 09:53 PM   #62
I STILL don't get it

I was once a member of Amway. Let me tell you that the most successful Amway members are the ones who are the best at selling the dream. This pretty much is the same with all MLM's. After learning the actual compensation structure, selling products barely makes you any money, creating down lines who sell for you will make you damn rich.
Vege is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2015, 10:00 PM   #63
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,923 Times in 3,876 Posts
Quote:
First of all, I joined it to understand HOW the system runs and you may ask why.
Rule number one is don't sign up for anything you don't understand.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2015, 09:59 AM   #64
GS8

Thanked 7,279 Times in 1,968 Posts
After doing some digging on my own regarding my friend's venture, here's their model in its basic (and highly optimistic) form

I can already see the Pyramid
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 12:42 PM   #65
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I love how RS bonds over these MLM / Pyramid scheme threads. This is one of the few things most of RS can agree on. And the stories are are gold thanks RS!
Old 01-17-2015, 12:57 PM   #66
I don't get it

You're welcome

dvst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2015, 01:24 PM   #67
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

In b4 give me 5k you get 40k scam
RickyTan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 02:14 PM   #68

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughEntity View Post
My mother is doing some MLM thing during her spare time.

I'm against MLM, but it works for her - she doesn't spend a considerable amount of time doing anything, but her cheques are legit $2k a month at her current state (and she's only been at it for 3 months?)
You can make 2k a month working full time at min wages..
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 02:46 PM   #69

just another religion

church's want your donations and time
MLM want your fees to join, buying their products to sell, and your time

'traditional' companies: no monetary requirements to join, but they still want your time

what does everyone really want? Time to do whatever the fuck they want

I remember one of the naivest girls i know, asks me out for coffee to discuss a "business opportunity". Her first entry point was, "So what would you do if you had 100 million dollars right now. What would you do with it?" So her first hook was freedom. Freedom to do whatever my heart desired. And she had a path to this freedom, the path was her "company". Where her "coach" has retired at the plump age of 30 already.

Tell me you guys have heard that scenario before.

Well, its no different than the car salesman enticing you on a new lifestyle. New utilities for your car, and a life you can live happily ever after

Or the insurance salesman who instills fear into your mind. Gives you a problem you never knew you had before. And he has an elixir for this fear, just pay him some money and it will make you feel better

For the love of God, the person trying to sell you something may have truth in his words. He may hit some maxims. He is probably somewhat of a philosopher. But look at his underlying intentions. You are just another conversion.

George Carlin had words to the extent of: Commerce is full of people selling you shit you dont need.

So inspect your life again, what do you really want to do with your money? I see countless people slaving away to keep up with the Jones'. Perhaps to keep up payments for a car. To save for that one trip they get to EDC or Mexico (and they have no other savings than that). Their primary goals are so contained and isolated from what they could be achieving. Its painful to watch and interact with.

This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2015, 12:06 PM   #70
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
No such thing as making "big money" fast, unless you're a girl, a celebrity, and you release a sex tape.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2015, 12:33 PM   #71
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
No such thing as making "big money" fast, unless you're a girl, a celebrity, and you release a sex tape.
Unless you're this guy Jesse Willms, the Dark Lord of the Internet - The Atlantic
bumsuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 03:55 PM   #72
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I've lost many friends over this. They seemed to be brainwashed. I think MLM / amway etc is BS
pb.kidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 04:09 PM   #73
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumsuck View Post

Deepak Agarwal

Mr. Dirt Cheap: Deepak Agarwal Started In Erotica. Today He's An E-commerce King - Forbes

I've met him many times, he sold his blue Lamborghini to the owner of YouJizz, Igor

Deepak had "deecash.com" and his adult sites had what are called "pre-checked cross sales" which basically meant if you sign up for his site you also secretly agree to join two other porn sites at like $80 per month, EACH. Guy was banking like $180 USD per porn signup and paying affiliates like me $40 USD per sign up. He had an army of 500 flips working in Manila spamming and buying links all over and made hundreds of millions of dollars scamming people and did irreparable damage to hundreds of thousands of customers who will certainly never pay for porn again. It also destroyed many marriages and harmed thousands upon thousands of people.

I believe Deepak started out as a cameraman who did still photos for Cum On Her Face owned by another douche named Rayghun or something. Whatever.

As soon as I found out about the cross-sales I stopped promoting it.
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2015, 08:41 PM   #74
RS Lurker, I don't post!

your dp is exactly my response when friends or w.e. tries to talk me into mlm.
stdyfu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-20-2015, 08:51 PM   #75
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
It's pretty fucked up how we all know that person or people who exhibit the same behaviour traits once they get sucked into that world. My ex-coworker recently added me to FB and he too has been putting nothing but motivational quotes / posters and spamming the 'company' he works for.

Side note: The product is for a Kangen water dispenser. Not only are its health benefits disputed but unit itself is a fuck ton of money. Not something you can simply sell to your blue collar buddies.

So now you have salespeople acting like medical professors (my ex co-worker included) who tell me the beneficial things about alkaline water. When he was talking, I asked questions that challenged the whole thing and he replied with cosmic bullshit using terms like 'most people don't know' or 'it's a huge secret'.

I mean I like the guy. Was great to work with and all but I think he too is showing off the 'symptoms' that some of you described with your friends / ex-friends. What is the psychology behind roping these people in? Mental weakness? Desperation? Obsession?

I was in retail for well over 10 years. The idea of forcing people to buy things did not warm me over
hey i got the same gaylord on my facebook too lololol

the only reason why i haven't removed him from my news feed is that his posts and vids are all entertainment to me, they make me feel better about myself lol. it's just so entertaining, watching him become what he is now

#GPMLifestyle

i mean, yeah, i believe in the system. it works. if you join and you sign people up, and they sign people up, you will make money. there is a lot of work. you can actually make it big.

but... you become one of "those" people. you'll lose friends. you'll lose respect. people will think you're a huge faggot (such as myself). even if you make it big, i won't respect you. only the dumb sheep who follow you will respect you. if you can live with that... MLM is for you
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote