REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 04-05-2015, 10:41 PM   #26
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Yes, but I doubt it goes up the same based on your percentage of fault. Again, if you go up six steps whether you're 25% or 100% at fault, why wouldn't they just call EVERYTHING 50/50 and get more money out of everyone? It doesn't make sense.
Yes, it doesn't make sense... and that is WHY people keep saying ICBC will do everything to make the accident 50/50 because it's in their best interest, and screws the parties involved.

Shared or undetermined fault

Quote:
Your insurance premium may increase if you are found to be more than 25 percent at fault for a crash unless you have been claim-free for a long time.
If you're only 25% at fault, your premiums don't go up.

Again, I can't find anything that says you only go up three steps if you're found 50% at fault.

What happens if you're 75% at fault? You go up 4.5 steps? Doesn't sound like that would work.

This should be pretty easy to find out though... surely there have been many people that have been in 50/50 accidents.

Just because it doesn't make sense doesn't mean it can't be true.

It also doesn't make sense why taxes are collected every time a used car is sold... but yet the government still does it.
Advertisement
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 10:46 PM   #27
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
Again, I can't find anything that says you only go up three steps if you're found 50% at fault.
http://www.icbc.com/autoplan/costs/Documents/crs.pdf

It all depends on what position you are on the CRS.
Assuming 20+ years of accident free driving, then you are at level -20 and enjoy 43% discount on your insurance and will just up 3 steps to level -17 if you have an at fault insurance that ICBC has to pay on your behalf.
If you were at level 0, then after an at fault accident that ICBC has to pay out on your behalf, you would jump up to level 6 which is a 75% surcharge,

Yes, it would be in ICBC's best interest to call everything 50/50 unless you car argue it down to a 25% fault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 10:51 PM   #28
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
It has most definitely happened to me, it happened to me today on Georgia actually. I just assumed that it was a ticketable offence, since under section 127 of the MVA you are required to ensure that can clear an intersection before you enter it.

It's why I am very conscious to make sure when I pass the stop line, that I am actually 100% able to go entirely through the intersection.

Getting trapped in an intersection, while it happens, is usually the result of impatience, poor driving, or lack of awareness.
And yet, sometimes things change in the blink of an eye... otherwise you'd be slowing to a crawl or stopping before entering EVERY intersection, just to be sure the guy ahead of you cleared first. Right?

Naturally, most places, that means three or four right-turners from the other direction will jam themselves in there first and you'll never get to cross that intersection... much to the chagrin of everyone stacking up behind you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:17 PM   #29
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
http://www.icbc.com/autoplan/costs/Documents/crs.pdf

It all depends on what position you are on the CRS.
Assuming 20+ years of accident free driving, then you are at level -20 and enjoy 43% discount on your insurance and will just up 3 steps to level -17 if you have an at fault insurance that ICBC has to pay on your behalf.
If you were at level 0, then after an at fault accident that ICBC has to pay out on your behalf, you would jump up to level 6 which is a 75% surcharge,

Yes, it would be in ICBC's best interest to call everything 50/50 unless you car argue it down to a 25% fault.
Okay, yeah... forgot about how the steps work, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make for Soundy.

Bottom line is I don't believe it matters whether you're found 50%, 75%, or 100% at fault... the steps you move up is the same.

If you're a -20 CRS level and you get into a 50/50 accident, you'll move up 3 steps just like you would for a 100% at fault accident.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 02:38 AM   #30
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 2,708 Times in 364 Posts
Was it necessary for the biker to accelerate so quick? He probably could've cleared the traffic by going around the back of the white car if he didn't go too fast and that's if the white car did start moving forward
Old 04-06-2015, 01:11 PM   #31
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
Bottom line is I don't believe it matters whether you're found 50%, 75%, or 100% at fault... the steps you move up is the same.

If you're a -20 CRS level and you get into a 50/50 accident, you'll move up 3 steps just like you would for a 100% at fault accident.
Sorry, that post was meant more for Soundy too.
So unless it is 75/25 or 100/0, both parties will see their position on the CRS change based on what level they were at.
For the person found at 75-100% at fault, then only their position on the CRS will change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote