REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-27-2015, 12:10 PM   #1
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Insanity of social justice

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/b...ewsome/#/story

50k raised for her legal fund in only a few hours

People are so dumb, so naive, and so gullible to be made to believe that the confederate flag somehow degrades black lives when all you need to do is tune into World Star Hip Hop and watch as black people degrade themselves on a constant basis.

World Star Hip Hop right now:

Rick Ross, a major star in hip hop, was recently arrested for kidnapping and pistol whipping his groundskeeper.

He lives in this house:

Instead of pointing at the Confederate flag and blaming it for racism, how about they point the finger at the idolized heros of millions of black youth and, dare I say, suggest that the role models they uplift are the ones holding them back?

People do not think.

We, the intelligent, are surrounded by retards.
Advertisement
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 12:13 PM   #2
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 2,169 Times in 249 Posts
Honestly, this makes no difference in terms of peoples views and personal opinions. You can huff and puff and say what you want, but nothing is going to change. No matter how far forward the USA pushes, there is still a huge amount of people whose personal opinions and idealism are stuck in the past and will keep teaching the ways of the old for generations to come.

But personally i dont give a shit.

Last edited by bigzz786786; 06-27-2015 at 12:19 PM.
bigzz786786 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2015, 12:18 PM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzz786786 View Post
And we the Canadians just dont care.

As a masculine male it is your duty to stand up to the insanity of blue haired fat bitches and feminized men who promote social justice.

Justice comes in the form of laws and courtrooms, not in the streets, dictated by a mob of baying fucking retards.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:22 PM   #4
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/b...ewsome/#/story

50k raised for her legal fund in only a few hours

Maybe they should have raised 50k to help black single mothers. Maybe they should have raised 50k for scholarships for black kids who can't afford college. This flavour of the month Facebook activism is pathetic. These people only give a fuck about it because they want to feel like part of the cool kids. Everybody who speaks like they are such a massive part of the solution online, won't admit they were ever part of the problem. Its frustrating to watch. Do good things for people in real life, not just so you can look like you are saving the world on Facebook.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2015, 12:25 PM   #5
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
I'll agree that there's a lot of "social justice" (or whatever other name it goes by) that annoys me. It screams "Me too!" whenever I saw a post on FB or Twitter that was about Kony, ALS, etc., etc. When it comes to that whole gay pride thing, seeing everyone change their avatars to a rainbow coloured whatever annoyed me. At least with someone like George Takai, he's been firmly about change from Day One, so I'm more than happy to see him pursue that course. However, seeing someone do a one or two day "I'm helping!" post and then completely forget about it the next day... well, that just shows you're in it for the attention, not because you genuinely want to help.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 12:27 PM   #6
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 2,169 Times in 249 Posts
Although harsh, what you say is true. The world has become a single social network, and with a wagon that big, theres sure to see a large number of people to jump on it.
bigzz786786 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2015, 12:37 PM   #7
Banned (ABWS)

Since I posted this half an hour ago, the fund has increased another $7,000.
Old 06-27-2015, 02:39 PM   #8
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

I hate to say it, but I'd have to agree here - at least in part (though it's easy to find common ground in hating social justice warriors). The idea that taking a flag down is doing anything to "defend black lives" is laughable. It's as if they believe that flying the confederate flag means it's open season to shoot black people, and taking it down will suddenly solve all of the race issues in the south.

While we're on the subject of the "Southern Cross"... I will probably be considered a racist and put on some watchlist saying this, but it seems the vast majority of people misinterpret its meaning based on the overly simplified (and flat-out wrong) view that the Civil War was the result of sympathetic Northerners fighting to free the slaves.
To my understanding, the Civil War was the result of an inability to effectively manage and balance out a country with two separate economies (manufacturing in the North, agriculture in the South - durr). Slavery was mainly a point of contention among Northerners because any new slave states would automatically become agrarian states and tip the balance of power to the south. Hell, the Emancipation Proclamation wasn't issued until a couple years into the war, and it was met with riots in the North (and I won't even get into how badly cocked-up emancipation actually played out).
With that in mind, those flying the confederate flag are (for the most part) saying "fuck the north", not "I want to own black people".

However
With all that said, you would also have to be stupid or at least extremely insensitive to the fact to many people the flag is emblematic of a time and a place of intense human suffering. Flying it any government building is just plain bad PR.

Now that I've completely gone off the rails, I should probably get back to the topic at hand.
This is where I disagree with Multi: I think the violence associated with hip hop culture is more a result of ongoing violence than a cause. I wholeheartedly agree that glorifying gang violence is only making the problem worse. However, I'd say it's a reciprocal issue that stems from centuries of inequality, and to say "it's all the hippity hop music making them shoot each other" is as much of an oversimplification as saying "everyone who owns a confederate flag wants to own a slave".

Well that was a wall of text that essentially went nowhere...
El Dumbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2015, 02:48 PM   #9
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dumbasso View Post
With all that said, you would also have to be stupid or at least extremely insensitive to the fact to many people the flag is emblematic of a time and a place of intense human suffering. Flying it any government building is just plain bad PR.

Yes but with that same logic, why is The Flag Shop still selling the Japanese Rising Sun flag that may remind Chinese people of the rape of Nanking?

First Nations people look at the Canadian flag and remember it flew over the residential schools that raped and killed indians by the tens of thousands.

Ban the Canadian flag?

Where does it end?

If a native person tore down a Canadian flag from a government building would they be as celebrated as a black person ripping down the Confederate flag?

We live in a time of absolute insanity. Say what you want about the 1950's, but looking back leads me to believe that western culture peaked and is in a strong decline.
Old 06-27-2015, 03:09 PM   #10
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,844 Times in 880 Posts
Shouldn't they take down the star spangled stripes as well since that's what the slave boats were flying?

EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2015, 03:12 PM   #11
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
I bet most of the people contributing to that fund couldn't tell you even 2 facts about the confederate flag either... Lemming mentality is strong nowadays
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2015, 03:16 PM   #12
Banned (ABWS)

Jesus H. tap-dancing Christ I am loving Revscene today while hiding out from the sun
Old 06-27-2015, 03:18 PM   #13
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Yes but with that same logic, why is The Flag Shop still selling the Japanese Rising Sun flag that may remind Chinese people of the rape of Nanking?
I may be splitting hairs here, but there might be a bit more public accountability needed on the part of a state legislature than a private company selling flags to weebs. Were the Japanese government flying the Rising Sun, that'd be a different story altogether.

Quote:
First Nations people look at the Canadian flag and remember it flew over the residential schools that raped and killed indians by the tens of thousands.
I definitely see where you're coming from here. The main point of my argument is not that it's wrong and immoral to fly it, just that it's terrible PR due to its negative associations in the majority of the public - like the swastika (not the Nazi flag, the symbol itself) or Charlie Chaplain's mustache.

Quote:
If a native person tore down a Canadian flag from a government building would they be as celebrated as a black person ripping down the Confederate flag?
I honestly don't believe they would be. Many Canadians try to forget or ignore the injustices towards First Nations on our own soil. Despite obvious comparisons to be drawn between our First Nations and African Americans in the States (including substance abuse, incarceration rates etc.), the issues are often swept under the rug. I remember the bit we learned on Residential Schools in high school history classes being along the lines of: "So these happened, they were bad... Moving along!" All the while, lingering much longer on the American Civil War.

Quote:
We live in a time of absolute insanity. Say what you want about the 1950's, but looking back leads me to believe that western culture peaked and is in a strong decline.
I also like being white.
El Dumbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 03:19 PM   #14
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Those affected by nanjing (a disputed number) is small in comparison to slavery in the US both in size and time.

Also is the flag being sold in china? or is there a huge population of chinese in japan who were affected by said incident, and are against it's sale/use within japan? (no)

Having said that though, that flag is still in use today or variations of it, and it's not like it's use isn't being protested in China/Hong Kong/ or even within Japan...it's an ongoing battle to cease that flags use, but given China and Japans rocky relations, I do not see it disappearing.

Quote:
Another issue of scale, it can't compare to the issues of slavery in the US. Having said that though the 'Maple Leaf' Canadian flag itself didn't and doesn't represent slavery or oppression against natives as the confederate flag did and was/is being used as, the Red Ensign or Union Jack may be considered as such though

so you can't really compare the two, imo, but I wouldn't be against any First Nations who protest against Canada, and I think most Canadians would say the same, as has been demonstrated, aside from the asshats that like to look down on/complain about them

2 wrongs don't make a right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dumbasso View Post
I may be splitting hairs here, but there might be a bit more public accountability needed on the part of a state legislature than a private company selling flags to weebs. Were the Japanese government flying the Rising Sun, that'd be a different story altogether.
the military still uses it or a variation of it
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 03:36 PM   #15
I subscribe to Revscene

Hi Im 12. So whos responsible for all of this? CNN, Rick Ross?
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-27-2015, 04:31 PM   #16
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,384 Times in 3,466 Posts
All you have to know is it's the flag of losers. Why would you want a flag of the losers hanging at your state house?

Old 06-27-2015, 04:57 PM   #17
Banned (ABWS)

Manic, I don't think you're capable of forming a thought of your own.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:32 PM   #18
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,384 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Manic, I don't think you're capable of forming a thought of your own.
I posted on another thread it was a flag of losers on another thread before I saw that video. YT is agreeing with me. That's why I posted it.

Also think of the tax dollars wasted on that flag.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:38 PM   #19
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
I posted on another thread it was a flag of losers on another thread before I saw that video. YT is agreeing with me. That's why I posted it.

Also think of the tax dollars wasted on that flag.

YouTube is mostly media for children and retards. There is the occasional gem, but it is mostly aimed for the lowest common denominator.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:40 PM   #20
Need to Seek Professional Help

Its terrible to think that just two weeks ago the Confederate flag wasn't associated with racism, and now today you're racist if you have the flag.
Eastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2015, 05:45 PM   #21
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Can't believe a piece of cloth with stars and colors on it can be so powerful. When people should think about problems in reality like starvation, poverty, killings, etc.

It is these kinda shit where people want to stand up for their pride and represent themselves so they can feel like they have a bigger dick, that puts humanity at war.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 05:50 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood View Post
Its terrible to think that just two weeks ago the Confederate flag wasn't associated with racism, and now today you're racist if you have the flag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
Can't believe a piece of cloth with stars and colors on it can be so powerful.

It is these kinda shit where people want to stand up for their pride and represent themselves so they can feel like they have a bigger dick, that puts humanity at war.

yeah..who would have thought...
Old 06-27-2015, 05:50 PM   #23
Banned (ABWS)

Just ordered

Should I wear it to the RS summer meet?
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2015, 05:58 PM   #24
Banned (ABWS)

2005 Duke of Hazzard remake had not one peep about "racism" with the flag on the roof.

Hey... at least Hollywood can't do another remake now!
Old 06-27-2015, 06:02 PM   #25

yes it did, it was always an issue, but seemed to have gotten a 'pass' because everyone loves the duke boys

but even then the flag was removed from the car for the dukes commercial from a couple years ago