REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Discussion on how to keep your car shining bright and make them heads turn..

Old 10-18-2016, 03:46 AM   #26
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

hey always i was in the process of getting my car wrapped. what should i do was wise ect to keep it looking good and last long?
Advertisement
jmanhas00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:30 AM   #27
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanhas00 View Post
hey always i was in the process of getting my car wrapped. what should i do was wise ect to keep it looking good and last long?
Use a basic soap and make sure to dry the car right away after rinsing. Stay away from wax or coatings.
dhari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:50 PM   #28
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhari View Post
Use a basic soap and make sure to dry the car right away after rinsing. Stay away from wax or coatings.
cool thanks lol i would probably one with
jmanhas00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:25 PM   #29
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsxrghostrider View Post
In my opinion most of these hand car washes are never going to do a good job.They're all about production base business.Getting as many cars washed and out the door. $$ I've watched most of those hand car washes drag those dirty wash mitts from one end the car to the other. Your car will look washed,and clean with some added micro-scratches. Depending on your paints condition you may want to go brushless carwashes instead.

Here are a couple of locations that I've used in the past:

Vancouver

Riley Park
3220 Cambie Street
Vancouver, BC V5Z 2W4
Phone number (604) 875-6454

Burnaby
AutoXpress Carwash ? Featuring LaserWash Touchless Wash Bays, Wand Wash Bays, A Dog Wash and Vacuum Center in Burnaby
Hours of Operation
Auto wash: 7am to 10pm (daily)
Dog wash: 9am to 6pm (daily)
7817 6th Street, Burnaby BC | T 604.553.4227
points for auto x press car wash. i just discovered this two weeks ago from a friend and i was amazed. wish there were some in vancouver!!!
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2016, 12:05 PM   #30
I am Hook'd on RS

Does anyone have a price list for Spades Auto Spa? Unable to find any information or reviews on this shop. Do they also sell products?
Gsxrghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 07:06 AM   #31
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guurl View Post
points for auto x press car wash. i just discovered this two weeks ago from a friend and i was amazed. wish there were some in vancouver!!!
does anyone know of a decent touchless carwash that has bothered to plow their lot? i tried to use auto x press but they did zero snow removal and even though the wash bays are clear, everything else is a skating rink
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 05:03 AM   #32
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
does anyone know of a decent touchless carwash that has bothered to plow their lot? i tried to use auto x press but they did zero snow removal and even though the wash bays are clear, everything else is a skating rink
Petro Canada has a promo where they have 5 "SuperWash" car washes on sale for $50. They regularly go for $60. If you register the card online, then you'll get an additional free wash, so it'll be 6 "SuperWash" for $50.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:53 PM   #33
RS Lurker, I don't post!

car wash

I think DIY are the most anticipating carwash nowadays. Aside from that they really do a good job.
abigailcarson73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 02:48 PM   #34
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,456 Times in 989 Posts
those guys are in ontario, what are you on?
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 03:09 PM   #35
(ノº _ º)ノ彡┻━┻

self wash is best wash.

after the snowy season, i bring my car through the touchless at husky on marine. i only run it through the touchless wash maybe once or twice a year to wash the underside.
jnesss is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2019, 08:13 PM   #36
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,171 Times in 961 Posts
Bird took a huge shit on my car today and had to drive across town to Archipelago Auto Spa as the touchless ones were all jammed packed. Did a solid job - would have liked that they rinsed their mitts a lot more though but otherwise they hit all the dirty spots.

I usually go to Ultra Shine but even they can be sloppy. A DIY hand wash is still best when time permits.

Tangent: I'm curious if Tiago's auto spa is any good for a basic exterior detail though.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:11 PM   #37
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I've brought my car to Tiago's Auto Spa multiple times. They are my preferred detail shop. I've peeked at their ig as well, they do a TON of high end exotics but also normal passenger vehicles. My 2013 Abarth was full of swirls from my own mistakes in handwashing techniques and they did a phenomenal job on the exterior. I plan to bring my 2018 Stinger to them for ceramic soon.
jinxcrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 08:56 PM   #38
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts16 View Post
been to a few washes but was never happy with either the service or price. learned a while ago that cheap washes just mess up the paint and some expensive shops dont do a thorough enough job.

Just discovered this new detail shop in burnaby. goes by spades and a buddy of mine reffered me to them.

Buddy got his jag f type done there and they nailed the detail!. took my m6 there and no regrets!

gonna send a few more cars and will take before and after pics!
What did they charge?
asma123 is offline   Reply With Quote