REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/automotive-detailing-car-care-tech_49/)
-   -   Best car wash in vancouver (https://www.revscene.net/forums/709611-best-car-wash-vancouver.html)

jmanhas00 07-14-2016 10:17 AM

Best car wash in vancouver

I've been to a few car washes that charged me between 30 and 50 dollers and didn't do the best job. Can anyone recommend an good car wash??

v_tec 07-14-2016 11:35 AM

Richmond Subaru. Hands down. Freeeeee too.

Spoiler!

syee 07-18-2016 09:27 AM

I think most people here are going to say DIY.

Most of the $30 shops are cranking out cars by volume so they won't take the time to do a good job. Unfortunately, the only detail shop I've been to is no longer in business so I don't have any to recommend. There's a guy in the newbie thread that does mobile detailing - maybe check him out and see if he does washes only?

R. Mutt 07-18-2016 10:54 AM

SENSHA-YA Hand Car Wash in Richmond, RS sponsor and they do a great job. Go there every weekend unless it's raining.

urban.boi 07-19-2016 12:00 AM

I use a company call JSFX, they charge a reasonable rate for a good clean in and out for $40.00
Usually I just call in and make an appointment on when I would like to stop by and James would accommodate. Been pretty happy with his service.

jmanhas00 07-19-2016 12:54 AM

Thanks guys I'll try both shops. I would wash myself but i think my car would look better with out my shitty car washes

Gsxrghostrider 07-19-2016 10:10 AM

In my opinion most of these hand car washes are never going to do a good job.They're all about production base business.Getting as many cars washed and out the door. $$ I've watched most of those hand car washes drag those dirty wash mitts from one end the car to the other. Your car will look washed,and clean with some added micro-scratches. Depending on your paints condition you may want to go brushless carwashes instead.

Here are a couple of locations that I've used in the past:

Vancouver

Riley Park
3220 Cambie Street
Vancouver, BC V5Z 2W4
Phone number (604) 875-6454

Burnaby
AutoXpress Carwash ? Featuring LaserWash Touchless Wash Bays, Wand Wash Bays, A Dog Wash and Vacuum Center in Burnaby
Hours of Operation
Auto wash: 7am to 10pm (daily)
Dog wash: 9am to 6pm (daily)
7817 6th Street, Burnaby BC | T 604.553.4227

syee 07-19-2016 12:14 PM

Totally agree with Gsxghostrider. I've watched a lot of these shops wash the entire car with one wash mitt and never ever rinse the mitt. Their solution for tough hard to remove stains on the paint? Rub it harder until it comes off.

People crap on the free dealership washes - a lot of these $20-$30 wash places aren't any better plus you actually had to pay for it.

supafamous 07-19-2016 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R. Mutt (Post 8773445)
SENSHA-YA Hand Car Wash in Richmond, RS sponsor and they do a great job. Go there every weekend unless it's raining.

Not a fan. They use two filthy mitts with minimal water to wash the entire car with no rinsing in between - it's a recipe for swirls.

I think most hand wash shops are mediocre but if I had to choose I'd go to Ultra Shine on East 2nd. They rinse pretty well beforehand to get most of the dirt off before they rub their mitts over all the car. I used to go pretty regularly when I lived in a condo but I'm back to washing on my own now that I've got space by my house.

SpartanAir 07-20-2016 11:15 PM

Ultra Shine at 2nd and Main. Been taking my cars there for years, really hard working guys. And they detail high end cars all day long. Had mine detailed there in the Spring, great work.

jmanhas00 07-23-2016 07:19 AM

I heard those touch less car washes scratch you paint aswell?

jmanhas00 07-23-2016 11:12 AM

I just went to shine it was pretty good and nice staff but my pic won't upload lol

syee 07-23-2016 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmanhas00 (Post 8774840)
I heard those touch less car washes scratch you paint aswell?

They won't scratch your paint, but they don't do a good job either - it will usually leave a light film of dirt after cleaning if your car is dirty and the detergents are pretty harsh (they need to be to strip off any dirt) so it'll probably strip off a lot of your wax/LSP you use on your car.

urban.boi 07-23-2016 10:29 PM

what are you guys thought on foam canon washing and scratches ?

The place I go to mention before (JSFX) use a foam canon to wash my car and so far I haven't notice any scratches on the car (black car) after they wash..
It seems like they do a pretty good job, they rinsed my car first, than spray degresser on, rinse off, foam canon, micro fiber mit to clean and rinse off, at times (usually during winter months) they will also spray something similar to RainX on the car so the water turns to beads.. and than dry off. Never seen any new scratches from them after the wash like this so just curious to see if foam washing really makes a differences or not..

jmanhas00 07-24-2016 03:30 AM

Never had a car wash like that but it sounds a lot better

jmanhas00 07-25-2016 10:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
After shine car wash only area that wasn't good was where the rear licence plate is mounted the water dripped down and left water marks other than that no problems

dhari 07-26-2016 03:36 PM

^love the ride :fuckyea:

jmanhas00 07-27-2016 03:50 PM

Thanks bro

whitev70r 07-29-2016 04:27 PM

As far as machine wash goes, Richmond Auto Wash on Bridgeport & Sexsmith is pretty good. Even better with Groupon voucher!

Richmond Auto Wash | Auto Wash & Detail Spa

jmanhas00 07-30-2016 07:02 PM

Does it get the rims lol

Gsxrghostrider 08-16-2016 08:00 AM

Just wondering if you know if anyone used JSFX RestorFx system?

Remove. Restore. Refortify. | JSFX | RestorFX

Sounds to good to be true.

alwayslive 08-17-2016 11:53 PM

For the price of 2-3 hand washes, you can already get all you need to wash your car for a very long time. 2x buckets with grit guards, microfibre wash mitt (or if you like rinseless then ONRR with a big red sponge), any wash shampoo, wheel cleaner/brushes, tire shine, large pack of microfibres. Like everyone else is saying, those hand wash places generally do more damage than good as they are trying to make as much money as possible. This means going through cars quickly, not using proper rinse methods or using 1 bucket and using dirty rags. I have a ton of customers that have to come back every 6 months for paint corrections because the hand wash places cause swirling on their paint. When you get good enough it really only takes about an hour or less, or less than 20-30 minutes using a rinseless.

alwayslive 08-18-2016 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gsxrghostrider (Post 8780661)
Just wondering if you know if anyone used JSFX RestorFx system?

Remove. Restore. Refortify. | JSFX | RestorFX

Sounds to good to be true.

From a detailer, this is BS. There is no such thing as a permanent coating. If there was, then clear coat would be made indestructible from the factory. I believe what he does is use a nano/ceramic coating, that is made to last and protect anywhere from 1-5 years and this is with proper maintenance washes and reapplications. Nano coatings are definitely the future of detailing and my go-to products for long lasting protection and gloss, but it would be extremely misleading to call them permanent.

Gunsmokez 09-03-2016 09:15 PM

Are those nano-coatings effective in stopping swirls? ex, opti coat and such. Bunch of others , not sure of the names.

Rustynuts16 09-27-2016 10:18 AM

been to a few washes but was never happy with either the service or price. learned a while ago that cheap washes just mess up the paint and some expensive shops dont do a thorough enough job.

Just discovered this new detail shop in burnaby. goes by spades and a buddy of mine reffered me to them.

Buddy got his jag f type done there and they nailed the detail!. took my m6 there and no regrets!

gonna send a few more cars and will take before and after pics!