REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 11-14-2016, 05:11 PM   #26
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Dim Sum, boring experience - Tim Ho Wan - Everywhere - This place is VERY HIGHLY OVERRATED. However they are an easy sit down and order experience, with english menus. The menu is very limited, but they serve all the basics and do them well. That's why it's easy to recommend. Not nearly as crowded as they used to be.
Totally agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
From the looks of the list, look like only 2 of their locations were awarded the Michelin Star?
Quote:
Tim Ho Wan (North Point)
Tim Ho Wan (Sham Shui Po)
Advertisement
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 09:58 PM   #27
RS controls my life!

Thanked 2,003 Times in 216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
https://www.timeout.com/hong-kong/bl...nounced-110916

who had experience with some of these restaurants?
I don't go with the michelin guide here in HK (i think the list is somewhat shady. As in paid for. It's a common thing in HK. My friend in the restaurant business would have to pay to get their stuff featured in magazine and reviewed, and they even let you edit the draft before it's published). But some of the experiences.

3 Star

Bo Innovation - It's unique i guess, probably only here in HK you get this sorta stuff and some guy that looks straight out of Goo Wak Jai as the chef. But you've got to be adventurous, black truffles cheung fun (rice rolls) and preserved meat ice cream? I don't feel like it's worth the money for the ingredients though.

L'atelier - Very reasonable Sunday lunch sets (it's like 500-600hkd for 3-4courses i forgot). Very good service, not snobby surprisingly. They are the only restaurant I've been so far that noticed my wife is left-handed (they switched her cutlery around after first dish). Still, not worth 3 stars if you've been to the one in Vegas.

Lung King Heen - Nothing special for dim sum. Tried when they were the first restaurant here to get 3stars. Haven't been back since.

8 1/2 Otto e Mezzo – Bombana - Haven't been but my friends rave about this place.

Tang Court - Very good chinese food, service is just like any other chinese restaurant. Not sure why they get 3 stars lol.

2 Star

Amber - Good
Caprice - Good
Duddell’s
Forum
Kashiwaya (NEW)
Ming Court - Same as Tang Court
Pierre - Hear good things about this place, haven't been
Ryu Gin - Not worth it, go to one in Japan
Shang Palace - Decent dimsum
Summer Palace - Decent dimsum
Sun Tung Lok (TST) - Famous for sharks fin. If you like that give it a try. Not worth imo.
Ta Vie (NEW)
Tenku Ryu Gin - Not worth it, go to one in Japan
Tin Lung Heen
Yan Toh Heen - Good

1 Star

Ah Yat Harbour View
Akrame
Beefbar (NEW)
Celebrity Cuisine (down from 2)
CIAK – In The Kitchen
Épure (NEW)
Fu Ho (TST)
Golden Valley
Guo Fu Lou
Ho Hung Kee
IM Teppanyaki & Wine (NEW)
Jardin de Jade
Kam’s Roast Goose - THE place apparently not for Roast Goose. Lineups, not cheap, and crowded seating
Lei Garden (Kwun Tong) - I swear this place buys their star each year. It's a total ripoff. They gouge you and sell you expensive shit you don't want whenver you sit down. They're relentless about it too. Once I was with clients and ordered executive sets. They came to me after ordering and said 'sorry the soup with your set is gone, let me sub you this boiled soup.' This boiled soup ended up at extra 150hkd a head which of course they didn't let me know... on top of the already expensive set.
Lei Garden (Mong Kok) - ^^
Lei Garden (North Point) - ^^
Loaf On
Man Wah
Mandarin Grill + Bar - I like it. Gimmicky.

MIC Kitchen
ON
Pang’s Kitchen
Peking Garden (Central)
Qi (Wan Chai)
Sai Kung Sing Kee
Seasons
Serge et le Phoque
Spring Moon (NEW)
Sushi Tokami (NEW)
Sushi Wadatsumi
Tate
Tim Ho Wan (North Point) - SHIT. I'm tired of all my overseas friends asking about this place. It's shit now, they've overexpanded and dont' care about quality anymore. People line up anyways.
Tim Ho Wan (Sham Shui Po) ^^
Tosca - Fancy. I like it. Plus probably the best view in HK, at the Ritz carlton.

VEA (NEW)
Wagyu Kaiseki Den
Wagyu Takumi (down from 2)
Yat Lok
Yat Tung Heen (Jordan)
Yè Shanghai (TST)
Zhejiang Heen

Last edited by prelude_prince; 11-16-2016 at 10:18 PM.
prelude_prince is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-16-2016, 10:29 PM   #28
RS controls my life!

Thanked 2,003 Times in 216 Posts
It's actually disappointing to see some of the better restaurants (imo) don't make the list. Which i suppose is why I don't refer to their guide.

Greater China Club 大公館

大班樓
The Chairman

Spoon
prelude_prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 04:11 PM   #29
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
sick... u been too a lot of places haha

going to check out tosca for sure !

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote