REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Okanagan Automotive Chat > Okanagan Off-Topic

Okanagan Off-Topic Whatever ya wanna talk about
Talk about anything unrelated to automotive discussion.

Old 03-02-2005, 08:02 PM   #9551
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally posted by down_hill_dog
my civic launches perfect every time. no wheel spin at all... LOL it's all down to how many people i get pushing as to how much faster it will run the 1/4
hahaha...nice...mine hops the bed like a sunnovabitch in first...and second...and sometimes third...it's fun trying to get a good launch out of it
Advertisement
2.5FearFactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 09:38 PM   #9552
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally posted by SpooSports
I ate a DQ blizzard tonight and i feel like ass.
went to dq in mission toniote and the staff was sitting on the front counters wearing regular blue jeans, talking profanity, and basically not paying attention. They were all chicks, goofing off and making "mystery blizzards" while the only person working was one guy on till.

Come on you OK people... vote me back on the island...
girlcrazy_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 09:41 PM   #9553

on a side note>> a buddy blew up my nitro r/c car engine the other day. I really wonder what he thought was going to happen holding it at 28,000rpm for 10seconds... anyone got a spare kickin around? lol

Old 03-03-2005, 11:09 AM   #9554
Banned (BBM)

well...more updates with my landlord saga. He gave all 3 of us a letter saying everything has to be cleaned and/or emptied on March 9th (when I move out). Which is utter bullshit, 'cuz one roomie is staying 'till April 30th another is staying indefinitely (he hasn't been served an eviction notice).

So I got pissed off. And called Saanich Municipality Bylaw. Turns out that - surprise surprise - his suite is illegal as all hell. They are willing to come out here within 24 hrs should I chose to go that route. I have also been strongly urged BY THE MUNICIPALITY to report him both to local police for entering illegally (he always just strolls in here w/ no prior warning), and to the Tenancy Office for various landlord offences.

I then proceeded to give him a call and leave a message on his cellphone detailing my morning activities and asking him to POSSIBLY (but not definitely) avoid further action and research on my part by leaving me alone and giving me my damage deposit plus legally required interest.

Stay tuned
Old 03-03-2005, 12:26 PM   #9555

holy fuck.

I say own him and report it.... and get it on video so i can watch it.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:44 PM   #9556
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

that would make a very good owned video
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 05:47 PM   #9557
Banned (BBM)

hahaha...it'd be priceless...but it's almost 7pm and he still hasn't called me back..even though I know he's home hehehe
Old 03-03-2005, 11:10 PM   #9558
I bringith the lowerballerith

I'm a blonde now!! at least for the next 5 days. then on the 28th im becoming copper? i guess we'll see how that looks....
accent_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 07:25 AM   #9559

Quote:
Originally posted by 2.5FearFactory
well...more updates with my landlord saga. He gave all 3 of us a letter saying everything has to be cleaned and/or emptied on March 9th (when I move out). Which is utter bullshit, 'cuz one roomie is staying 'till April 30th another is staying indefinitely (he hasn't been served an eviction notice).

So I got pissed off. And called Saanich Municipality Bylaw. Turns out that - surprise surprise - his suite is illegal as all hell. They are willing to come out here within 24 hrs should I chose to go that route. I have also been strongly urged BY THE MUNICIPALITY to report him both to local police for entering illegally (he always just strolls in here w/ no prior warning), and to the Tenancy Office for various landlord offences.

I then proceeded to give him a call and leave a message on his cellphone detailing my morning activities and asking him to POSSIBLY (but not definitely) avoid further action and research on my part by leaving me alone and giving me my damage deposit plus legally required interest.

Stay tuned

Something simular just happaned between my gf and her room mates. They left a $500 deposit a week early on a basement suit in upper mission. They backed out so the "landlord" said he would give them back $250 which he DOSNT legally have to do. Anyways they went up there to get the money and he said he would give them $200 instead. My body said no, because they agreed on $250. The "landlord" grabbed the money from my gf's friend and told him to go fuck himself and called out 3 of his buddies wanting to fight over who gets the money.

all in all, my gf's friend backs down and tells him to keep the money. The suit is illegal anyhow but the money he left for a deposit he borrowed off of oy gf... so now she's out $500 and a place to live...

Legally, what can we do? The suit is a illegal suit anyhow. I heard that legally since they left a deposit, the guy can NOT rent the suit out to anyone else immediatly after, but IF he does *and he will* we're allowed to legally take back out deposit since he void'd the whole purpose of the deposit. Also with him uttering threats plus his illegal suit... will that amount to anything?

BTW... the landlord is in his 20's

Old 03-04-2005, 01:44 PM   #9560
Banned (BBM)

wow dude...sounds harsh...not sure what you can do...but look under "T" (Tenancy) in the BLUE pages...should have your local Tenancy Office's #...they deal w/ crap like this all the time...good luck
Old 03-04-2005, 04:13 PM   #9561
TC-13*

If your gf and her friends backed out of the deal, they can't do anything. That's the whole idea of the deposit, to hold the suite because you want it. If the renter backed out, he has to give the entire deposit back. The rules about suites are different in every municipality, so you'll have to call the city to get the exact rules for that area about the legality of the suite. If it was me, I'd call report the suite and then file a claim in small claims court and tell them that they backed out because they discovered the suite was illegal and didn't want to live there because of it. They should win with that argument, truthful or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_TEG View Post
fat chicks dont have feelings.

Last edited by RedCeli; 03-04-2005 at 04:15 PM.
RedCeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 07:11 AM   #9562
Banned (BBM)

awwww..maaaaaan...why does this have to happen when I have a g/f....last night I was cruising back from hanging out w/ the RS guys...and then went for a cruise and hung out with some buddies....anyways...I pull up next to this taxi w/ 4 smokin' hot chicks in it....so they start smiling...and waving....I just kinda give a half smile and wave back...and they're doing this for BLOCKS...we come up to a red light they roll their window down and get me to roll mine down....I do and they start flirting....*sigh* and I had to just leave it at that....booooo hahaha
Old 03-05-2005, 01:26 PM   #9563
Banned for being an idiot

fuckit, thats why i'm livin at home long enough to have a downpayment on a smaller house and own my own shit. plus my parents are rad anyways....
down_hill_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 06:42 PM   #9564
My homepage has been set to RS

the lude is parked..
Old 03-05-2005, 06:53 PM   #9565

why^^

we checked into a few things. About u mentioning the "we're afraid cuz it was illegal suit" bullshit... my gf's step-dad just snapped. These guys apparently told her friend that they'd snap his neck if he tried to get the money back. He's heading out there within the next few days and have "a few words" with the guys. I cant wait...

Old 03-05-2005, 07:29 PM   #9566
TC-13*

Here's random: I was stopped at a stoplight and some guy took a picture of me with his camera phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_TEG View Post
fat chicks dont have feelings.
RedCeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 10:59 PM   #9567
Okanagan Mod Team

Heh, troy got perved on by a homo, a chick did that to me once, i thought it was pretty cool.

Working back to back morning shifts where u have to get up at 4:30am sucks.

g'night everyone

R.I.P :1994 Dodge 2500
Sold :1993 Prelude SR-V
SpooSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 11:17 PM   #9568
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by SpooSports
Working back to back morning shifts where u have to get up at 4:30am sucks.

g'night everyone
Man getting up at 4:30 is late I'm up at 3:30/4.. Just think though, you will be off earlier and still have time during the day to do stuff, cause the stores and banks will still be open
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 08:45 AM   #9569
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally posted by girlcrazy_4
why^^
well, i keep losing coolant onto the ground and i cannot figure out why.. i've went over the coolant system twice to find leaks and my mechanic has went over it once.. can't figure out why i'm losing coolant, and it's causing my engine to get too hot.. fuckit, i've got a beater truck now.,
Old 03-06-2005, 11:43 AM   #9570

is the coolant leaking onto the ground? going into the oil? Mabye your heater core is shot and its going between the carpet and the sheetmetal on the floor.

Just got in from riding the horse bare-back. Almost bucket me off when the pigs started jumping around in there pen.

We're making breakfast right now. Cooking fried potatoes in a cast iron pan over the cast iron wood stove. Yum... lol

Old 03-06-2005, 03:52 PM   #9571
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally posted by down_hill_dog
fuckit, thats why i'm livin at home long enough to have a downpayment on a smaller house and own my own shit. plus my parents are rad anyways....
I wish I could still live at home...bastards moved away on me a couple yrs ago
Old 03-06-2005, 10:15 PM   #9572

Just finished sobering up finally.

I fell off the horse this afternoon. I somehow managed to get the nerves to ride the horse hammered w/o the saddle and uhh... fell off ripping my jeans in the process.

Josh also took his lude into the hay field and got stuck in the mud... duh... obviously a field that has a inch of water on it is gonna be a little mooshy... haha

and hmm... most embarrassing thing tonite is we stopped by my work when I was still a little tipsy. I walked into the kitchen with my ripped jeans ripped all the way from the zipper to the bottom of the leg. Got a little embarrased when the entire staff had to come and take a look... got 4 free woppers, fries, milkshakes, pop and apple turnovers outa the deal tho

Old 03-06-2005, 10:16 PM   #9573

Just finished sobering up finally.

I fell off the horse this afternoon. I somehow managed to get the nerves to ride the horse hammered w/o the saddle and uhh... fell off ripping my jeans in the process.

Josh also took his lude into the hay field and got stuck in the mud... duh... obviously a field that has a inch of water on it is gonna be a little mooshy... haha

and hmm... most embarrassing thing tonite is we stopped by my work when I was still a little tipsy. I walked into the kitchen with my ripped jeans ripped all the way from the zipper to the bottom of the leg. Got a little embarrased when the entire staff had to come and take a look... got 4 free woppers, fries, milkshakes, pop and apple turnovers outa the deal tho

Old 03-06-2005, 10:42 PM   #9574
Banned for being an idiot

Quote:
Originally posted by KeloLuda
well, i keep losing coolant onto the ground and i cannot figure out why.. i've went over the coolant system twice to find leaks and my mechanic has went over it once.. can't figure out why i'm losing coolant, and it's causing my engine to get too hot.. fuckit, i've got a beater truck now.,
maybe it is the early sign of a leaking headgasket.. cylinder pressure is getting into the cooling system pressuring it up and overflowing the overflow bottle. steve when the time comes that you do want to sell that car give me a shout.. if i don't find a good shape 86/87 civic, i want another prelude!
down_hill_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 07:59 AM   #9575
Okanagan Mod Team

Worst headache ever, i have to be at ouc from 8:30am this morning til 9:30pm tonight.

R.I.P :1994 Dodge 2500
Sold :1993 Prelude SR-V
SpooSports is offline   Reply With Quote