REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Okanagan Automotive Chat > Okanagan Off-Topic

Okanagan Off-Topic Whatever ya wanna talk about
Talk about anything unrelated to automotive discussion.

Old 06-27-2005, 02:53 PM   #10326
Banned (BBM)

w00t....got a ticket 9 months ago that shoulda been excessive (120+ in an 80 zone) but the cop was nice and only gave me the 20 over ticket (198 instead of like 368 or something). Still, I took it to court, just in case The cop was there and he was super nice, we were BSing around and he said he had no objections to me trying to get a lesser fine....ended up walking away w/ a 138 ticket....t'was a good day
Advertisement
2.5FearFactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 05:30 PM   #10327
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
missed class today - a field trip to highland valley copper cause a plug on the side of my carb fell out causing too much air to enter. fixed that with electrical tape and got to school with a minute to spare only to discover that the closest parking is on the other side of campus because of all the construction. ran across the school to see the chartered bus drive away without me.

go get tasha her birthday present only to discover the store she pointed stuff out at is closed due to a family emergency and the other store we looked at had none of the things she had picked out left except one that was double what i was hoping to spend.

then at wallmart getting her a card, i come out and was asked by a woman if i could boost her honda. i do that, and turn down the money she offered as thanks feeling that perhaps with my good deed my day will get better but as i'm leaving, some idiots in a mercedes cut illegally across the parking lot right in front of me and I nearly run into them. they give me a dirty look after i politely wave them to proceed.

i then get home and find that i must have sat on tasha's gift when i was helping that woman start her car. it looks to be ok thoygh.

so ya, i'm thinking my day has been crappy despite my best efforts to correct that but i was just handed two late birthday cards i wasn't expecting, each with a cheque in it

and thats my day so far
Old 06-27-2005, 06:06 PM   #10328
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by Blaupunkt69
missed class today - a field trip to highland valley copper cause a plug on the side of my carb fell out causing too much air to enter. fixed that with electrical tape and got to school with a minute to spare only to discover that the closest parking is on the other side of campus because of all the construction. ran across the school to see the chartered bus drive away without me.

go get tasha her birthday present only to discover the store she pointed stuff out at is closed due to a family emergency and the other store we looked at had none of the things she had picked out left except one that was double what i was hoping to spend.

then at wallmart getting her a card, i come out and was asked by a woman if i could boost her honda. i do that, and turn down the money she offered as thanks feeling that perhaps with my good deed my day will get better but as i'm leaving, some idiots in a mercedes cut illegally across the parking lot right in front of me and I nearly run into them. they give me a dirty look after i politely wave them to proceed.

i then get home and find that i must have sat on tasha's gift when i was helping that woman start her car. it looks to be ok thoygh.

so ya, i'm thinking my day has been crappy despite my best efforts to correct that but i was just handed two late birthday cards i wasn't expecting, each with a cheque in it

and thats my day so far
shitty to hear. Hopefully Tasha gives you points for her present, lol
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 06:50 PM   #10329

oh, and i forgot to mention that after boosting that woman's car, my stereo went back to grounding out so i have to fix that too
Old 06-27-2005, 08:55 PM   #10330
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I have been thinking of doing up a mini truck, 94 nissan hardbody regular cab with sr20det motor in it. lsd, done up suspension etc. can you say drift truck
Old 06-27-2005, 09:19 PM   #10331

the nissan hard bodies are my fav compact pickup. seen a few nice done up ones around here
Old 06-27-2005, 09:22 PM   #10332

the nissan hard bodies are my fav compact pickup. seen a few nice done up ones around here. its also funny reguarding 240 owners that they have the same 4banger
Old 06-27-2005, 11:23 PM   #10333

Happy Birthday Tasha (WSODgirlracer)
Old 06-28-2005, 07:30 AM   #10334
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally posted by saucywoman
try driving from Kamloops to Edmonton from 7 p.m. at night. That stretch from Blue River on is sooooo boring. I think there was maybe one town on the way. Jasper National Park is interesting to drive though. Just gotta watch out for though damn animals
well, normally it wouldn't have been that bad, but i had to be up at 6:30am for work the next day
Old 06-28-2005, 02:15 PM   #10335
RS controls my life!

it's my 21st b-day today, yay, lol.

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
WSODgirlracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 05:02 PM   #10336
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by WSODgirlracer
it's my 21st b-day today, yay, lol.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
21? or is that a typo? happy 12th birthday!
Old 06-28-2005, 06:04 PM   #10337
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I just read the first real thread pretty fucking funny

Last edited by canadiansc2; 06-28-2005 at 06:05 PM.
canadiansc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 01:32 PM   #10338
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

been checking out some cruisers to buy, test rode this thing. just awsome.. after i got back on my R1, it just felt like a toy... a very fast toy at that =)

SmokeyTheBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 06:32 PM   #10339
My homepage has been set to RS

my friend used to have a shadow, he loved it. dude that things got a fuckin drum brake in the back.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:45 PM   #10340
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

wow, i just cant beleive i didnt move sooner.

i've never had so much fun in my life.
SmokeyTheBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 08:51 AM   #10341
Banned (BBM)

I was talking to some chick from Kamloops the other day and she said it you guys only get snow for a couple days a year...is that true????

'cuz I bought a beater 'till my truck gets back on the road that I was gonna keep as my winter beater (truck won't handle snow and there's NO WAY it's getting any salt). But if it doesn't snow much then I'll just bus/walk on snow days and sell my wagon (I'm ass broke right now and I could definitely use the money I'd get for it).
Old 07-01-2005, 09:16 AM   #10342
RS controls my life!

haha we have snow more than 2 days a year , its just not any crazy amounts of snow, but just enough to want to have a winter beater handy.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:17 PM   #10343
Larger Than Life Mod

So yeah, I was at the Park today (pioneer) when this auxillary cop comes up and gets all lippy and tells me to pour my beer, i was halfway done my last beer so I figured whatever, dump the shit. An hour later my friend had a 12 pack, got dumped, then,.....ooooooh then, we notice a bunch of the auxillary's around my car...what the fuck are they doing? One comes up and asks if we know the owner I say we do, he asks where the owner is, i say right here. Then he ask to see my license and reg, give them both and asks what the problem is... no insurance since June 26, oh shit! They call a real cop over, really nice guy, he asks if I had any friends at towing companys, nope, so he calls a tow truck, doesn't give me a ticket, tow truck comes, I know the guy! Gets out of the truck , tells the cop he can't tow my car, too low, asks if he can use a demo plate, cop okays it, he drives my car to my house (cops kenew I was too drunk), charges me $20 for use of the plate .

edit: fixed drunken mistakes...

I'm not a biker, I'm a Crotch Rocketeer

Last edited by Big Daddy; 07-02-2005 at 10:04 AM.
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 11:23 PM   #10344
Jen
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Daddy
So yeah, I was at the Park today (pioneer) when this auxillary cop comes up and gets all lippy ....

That was a waste of a half a beer. At least he didn't get the MGD in your pocket. At least I *hope* that was a can of beer...
Old 07-02-2005, 03:55 AM   #10345
Banned (BBM)

hahaha that's awesome

The Inner Harbour was an absolute zoo today. Cops were complete morons....hassling black ppl w/ backpacks but when bottles were being broken right in the middle of the huge crowd they pretended not to notice it...

Funniest thing, though: this dude had a case of beer under his arm, turns around and there were two cops behind him (this is on the front lawn of the Legislative Buildings when the crowd was starting to disperse). Before the cops could say anything the guy just bolted outta there running like a bat outta hell screaming "oh shit it's the cops...." hahaha...he got away in the funniest way I've ever seen anyone do it.

Then they put some black kid in handcuffs (and there are barely ANY black ppl in Vic...but I"m sure they were all hassled tonight) and then they decided to let him go, but the cop tried like 4 times to undo the handcuffs...so I said "First time playing with those things, eh?" hahahaha...that just about got me into hot water
Old 07-02-2005, 10:05 AM   #10346
Larger Than Life Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by Jen
That was a waste of a half a beer. At least he didn't get the MGD in your pocket. At least I *hope* that was a can of beer...
Yes, that was a fine example of a MGD in my pocket...man that guy was being a dick...

"I know who you are"

to which I responded, "and I know who you are"

I'm not a biker, I'm a Crotch Rocketeer
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 11:22 AM   #10347
Okanagan Mod Team

Hangovers own me

R.I.P :1994 Dodge 2500
Sold :1993 Prelude SR-V
SpooSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 11:53 AM   #10348
My homepage has been set to RS

fuck my house was a mess this morning, cleaned er all up to spec and then rocked roast beef on kaisar at woodfire. who would of thought someone could be so ambitious after 4 hours of sleep after a bender.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:59 AM   #10349
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
i think.... i..... hmm..... uhh..... i think my brain died..... sleep needed.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:07 PM   #10350
Banned for being an idiot

went to bed last night/this morning shortly after 5, woke up around 2:30 this afternoon.. I feel refreshed and happy. My house is not a mess and best yet i'm not hungover because i did'nt drink much, but i still got sooo fucked up.
down_hill_dog is offline   Reply With Quote