REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Okanagan Automotive Chat > Okanagan Off-Topic

Okanagan Off-Topic Whatever ya wanna talk about
Talk about anything unrelated to automotive discussion.

Old 05-01-2006, 09:35 PM   #12976
Banned for being an idiot

Car meets are not a dying trend as Stew said before the original thread was closed. I know i'm going to hear about this later, but does anyone remember the Wal-Mart Spur of the moment meet? Does anyone remember the one weeks notice Canadian Tire Mini-Meet?

These meets were both BIG. Why? They were'nt complicated, no paying for parking, no driving 30 minutes out of town during a day when people have plans, and no contests for prizes. You make it too big, you make it too flashy not everyone will show up.

The issue about paying for parking came up, and members said well if someone dosent want to pay for parking then they should'nt come anyways. Is that an attitude you want to have?

You want (or should) want to have as many people show up as possible. Make www.kelownacivics.com feel welcome, for the most part theyre good people. Make the midnight illusion/ family pizza crew and even the general public feel welcome, afterall theyre people into cars aswell. You turn it into a Revscene.net meet and what do you look like? A group of snobs, or just geeks?

Yeah I was going to go to the meet instead of autocross. But with less than a week remaining before the meet, and the meet location just being finalized a day or two ago... The signup list was dismal. Lets be honest here, I don't want to go to bear creek park, pay for parking and be one of 15 cars in attendance. My mind would be on racing even if the meet was going to be HUGE. But at least if it was big i'd be there.

Great effort Mike, and Stew and to anyone who was preparing for the event... Collaborate ideas, thoughts and dates. Have a joint effort on the summer meet and make it truly great. Have RCMP involvement. And have members from every, any or no car club attend. And look for somthing out of Colin (ckrieg) and myself again soon in the way of mini-meets as we talked about it at the beginning of April.
Advertisement

Last edited by down_hill_dog; 05-01-2006 at 09:55 PM.
down_hill_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:47 PM   #12977
Need to Seek Professional Help

sounds good craig, if you and colin need help lemme know!
bmwwheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:39 PM   #12978
TC-13*

Quote:
Originally posted by down_hill_dog
Collaborate ideas, thoughts and dates. Have a joint effort on the summer meet and make it truly great. Have RCMP involvement.
And make sure its on a date when nothing else, big or small, is happening in BC, because apparently RS meets take a backseat to pretty much everything else for some people. I don't have much room to complain, seeing as I wasn't gonna come either. But if I was in the country, I would be there for sure. I would be surprised if Mike, Stew, or anyone would be willing to put any sort of effort into another meet after this BS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_TEG View Post
fat chicks dont have feelings.
RedCeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 01:39 PM   #12979
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

k, craig (down_hill_dog) pm'ed me about a mini meet. So I will talk to him tonight about details. We will be putting this on Sunday just because that's what everyone planned for, but just a bit later then previously planned so everyone can attend even if they want to goto autox.

Please post ideas or recommendations. Were currently thinking of meeting in a parking lot, and then going to bp after. **POSSIBLY** with a cruise in between those two

*edit* if anyone knows of someone who doesn't care if people rev the shit out of their cars, or do burnouts, let me know..maybe if we get enough entrants, we could have a burnout comp or something that way people dont get all antsy on the cruise.

www.ColinPhoto.ca

Last edited by ColinK; 05-02-2006 at 02:07 PM.
ColinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:58 PM   #12980
Banned for being an idiot

Quote:
Originally posted by RedCeli
And make sure its on a date when nothing else, big or small, is happening in BC, because apparently RS meets take a backseat to pretty much everything else for some people. I don't have much room to complain, seeing as I wasn't gonna come either. But if I was in the country, I would be there for sure. I would be surprised if Mike, Stew, or anyone would be willing to put any sort of effort into another meet after this BS.
Well I mean really they can do whatever they like in terms of big meets it just so happened that it was'nt going to work out for me.

You wanna talk about things taking a backseat... We paid our yearly dues and knew the dates before this meet was anywhere even close to being planned. If it was going to be a big bad meet like last year, i'd skip autocross... But it's was'nt shaping up to be that way. So instead i'll go participate in a sport I have been with for the last 4 years, that I was going to put on the back burner for a local meet!

Last edited by down_hill_dog; 05-02-2006 at 03:04 PM.
down_hill_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 05:07 PM   #12981
My homepage has been set to RS

just bought tickets to a concert, no joke 10 mins after i buy them i hear its cancelled. no refund/exchanges policy makes me want to get drunk and put my head through a window.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:33 PM   #12982
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
peace out, revscene....

its been fun.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:41 PM   #12983

Quote:
Originally posted by bluebomber85
just bought tickets to a concert, no joke 10 mins after i buy them i hear its cancelled. no refund/exchanges policy makes me want to get drunk and put my head through a window.
what concert was that?
Old 05-02-2006, 05:45 PM   #12984

....you'll be back.

edit:

MUHAHAHAHA

Last edited by bluebomber85; 05-02-2006 at 06:56 PM.
bluebomber85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:13 PM   #12985

Quote:
Originally posted by DA_TEG
peace out, revscene....

its been fun.
PEACE OUT!
AzN_ignite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:17 PM   #12986

Drove from Winfield to coldstream VIA logging roads this afternoon. Looked to have been about 40km there, and 75-80km back to kelowna via the highway. $8 gas, not too bad for a day beating in the bush
LADIES!!! Tired of being alone? Going through too many batteries at bedtime? Would you like a "hand"?? Well, you're in luck!!! S.T.U.D.S IS HERE FOR YOU!!! We offer all types of services, from a basic lube, to the full service! S.T.U.D.S.
girlcrazy_420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:19 PM   #12987
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally posted by DA_TEG
peace out, revscene....

its been fun.
If your actually thinking about leaving Revscene, do the following.

-Block the site from IE/Firefox.
-Delete members from revscene who are just contacts, not friends on msn/yahoo/icq.
-Think of everything bad Revscene stands for.

I stuck away from Revscene for a year and honestly, nothing changed here at all. I almost got back into it, but things fell through and once again the online forums of Revscene has become a big droll area. Might as well sell my go fast goods and grow up. I'll leave Revscene to you kids.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:01 PM   #12988
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Danch
I'll leave Revscene to you kids.
couldnt have said it better myself.
HyperREV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 04:14 AM   #12989

so im really depsressed now, i cant believe the flames lost... whats this world coming too!
Old 05-04-2006, 07:24 AM   #12990
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I love the maturity on this forum when something doesn't go someone's way.

No-one showed up to my party..... I think I'm gonna go disown all my friends. I even bought a tonne of pop and chips..... DIP TOO!

See where I'm going?
Old 05-04-2006, 08:19 AM   #12991

No, But if you still have the pop and chips w/ dip i'll gladly take them off your hands
Old 05-04-2006, 12:32 PM   #12992
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally posted by honduhman

No-one showed up to my party..... I think I'm gonna go disown all my friends. I even bought a tonne of pop and chips..... DIP TOO!

See where I'm going?
i can see where your going. but its a bti more then just tossin a party and no one shows up man. they put alot into this meet. hell alot into Okanagan RS period.. id be a little more then upset if all the hard work was for nothing. Im not sure if I would totaly call it quits wtih RS ect, but i doubt id be all to eager to try to put something on like a big meet with food / prizes ect. any time soon. its not like they were doing it for eachother it was for the benifit of everyone who showed up. and by the looks of it. wasnt going to be many people

here i am today
Dirt Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:51 PM   #12993

lets keep the bitching in one forum and not both its kinda getting annoying in both...
Old 05-04-2006, 02:54 PM   #12994
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally posted by honduhman

See where I'm going?
yikes i cant wait to hear some responses to this little gem!
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:03 PM   #12995

i just got amped 2 for xbox back from a buddy and i was pretty stoked to play it, so i go into my living room and press power on the unit, nothing.. check the power cables, all plugged in. then i feel on top of it and its fuckin soaked, 3 of my controllers sitting on top of it are also soaked with water dripping out of them when i pick them up.

also a dvd playback remote was ruined.. just bought all this stuff about a year ago so it's not even too old and now it's toasted cause of some idiot who won't even own up to doing it.. sucks.

i just wanted to play amped 2
Old 05-04-2006, 08:46 PM   #12996
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

w00t! flew across the continent today... thought I'd post a hello before I head to sleep.... w00t for being in omaha
Old 05-05-2006, 01:44 PM   #12997
Larger Than Life Mod

The bodyshop called me today cuz they were worried that my new bumper was only 3" off the ground, I told them that was higher than my old one .

I'm not a biker, I'm a Crotch Rocketeer
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 04:32 PM   #12998

Quote:
Originally posted by bluebomber85
i just got amped 2 for xbox back from a buddy and i was pretty stoked to play it, so i go into my living room and press power on the unit, nothing.. check the power cables, all plugged in. then i feel on top of it and its fuckin soaked, 3 of my controllers sitting on top of it are also soaked with water dripping out of them when i pick them up.

also a dvd playback remote was ruined.. just bought all this stuff about a year ago so it's not even too old and now it's toasted cause of some idiot who won't even own up to doing it.. sucks.

i just wanted to play amped 2
oh that hurts man, kick your roommates asses! haha
Old 05-05-2006, 04:35 PM   #12999

yes it does, let it dry out for a day or so and it still won't turn on.. i'm wondering if i should find a creative way to destroy this completely, or take it to a repair depot..
Old 05-06-2006, 04:54 PM   #13000
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

so, I met bill gates last night, he's a chill guy, got my copy of his book signed and shook his hand... and got a pic with him... pretty sweet.