REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Okanagan Automotive Chat > Okanagan Off-Topic

Okanagan Off-Topic Whatever ya wanna talk about
Talk about anything unrelated to automotive discussion.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:56 AM   #16451
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlcrazy_420 View Post
whats the occasion? aniversary or just cause'
it's my yearly vacation. I've been to vegas for the past two years and thought I'd change it up this year.
Advertisement
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:18 PM   #16452
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywoman View Post
it's my yearly vacation. I've been to vegas for the past two years and thought I'd change it up this year.
How much are you paying for airfare? I havnt looked into it much, but last time I went it was $1300
LADIES!!! Tired of being alone? Going through too many batteries at bedtime? Would you like a "hand"?? Well, you're in luck!!! S.T.U.D.S IS HERE FOR YOU!!! We offer all types of services, from a basic lube, to the full service! S.T.U.D.S.
girlcrazy_420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:54 PM   #16453
VLS Head Mod

I lucked out on my airfare. I purchased my ticket a couple of weeks into April for $458 CDN including taxes, round trip from Vancouver. I'm going the last week of October, so that might be a contributing factor as it's not peak season for tourists.
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
Old 05-14-2008, 03:12 PM   #16454
Banned (ABWS)

you also managed to get it before everyone went apeshit with the fuel surcharges this week
OffroadZuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:37 AM   #16455
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadZuki View Post
you also managed to get it before everyone went apeshit with the fuel surcharges this week
exactly... today I checked the airlines website and my flight is now $720 will taxes. I thank god I had the funds to purchase the flight when I did, as if I hadn't sold my car I wouldn't have been able to purchase the flight until tomorrow.

so this morning at 3 a.m. I get woken up.. I get up and see some guys truck sitting right behind some other cars back bumpers and there's smoke coming from under the hood. The kid starts swearing and I think the truck caught on fire, so I'm getting ready to call the fire department. My neighbour below me comes out and told someone to call the fire department so I figure I don't need to make any calls. A couple minutes pass and I'm still thinking this truck is on fire so I keep any eye to see if anything happens. At some point I realize, hey this kid has smashed into the cars parked along the side of the street at my apartment building. He's walking in the middle of the street screaming "OH MY GOD, a deer ran out in front of me and I swerved". This kid proceeded to scream "OH MY GOD' every few minutes. I figure this kid is on something because of how he was acting. I can understand being distraught, but screaming loudly in the early hours of the morning every few mins is not something you should be doing.

Thank god the cops showed up about 30 mins later, and the fire truck came and left a few minutes after that. The ambulance showed up at some point and I'm not sure if they took the kid away or if he was placed in the back of the cruiser cause I didn't see him again after about 3:45

At around 4:30ish the tow truck showed up and since it was lighter out I was able to better see what had happened. The kid was heading down the road on the right hand side and ended up hitting the vehicles parked on the left side of the road. He hit the back end of 1 vehicle and hit it hard enough so that he ended up pushing the first hit vehicle into the 3 vehicles parked beside. The kid was driving a pickup truck, (it looked like a newer silverado but it was early and I was tired so I could be wrong) and the front hood was smashed in quite a bit. The tow truck removed his vehicle and I guess the two most damaged vehicles and left the 2 remaining vehicles there.

I checked the remaining vehicles out this morning and theres quite the dents in the back left fenders.

The shitty thing is, as the kid screamed out in one of his screaming fits, is that the truck was his parents truck....

Sorry about the long post and if it's not proper sentances. I was able to get maybe 30 minutes of sleep between 3 a.m. and 7 when I had to get up to get ready for work so the brain isn't working too well right now. I'm hoping I can make it throughout the day, but I think I may end up taking the afternoon off to have a nap so I don't end up going to bed at 7 tonight lol

edit: according to the news (there was a little blurb on 98.3 at noon) he was drunk... stupid kid

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer

Last edited by saucywoman; 05-15-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:01 PM   #16456
e-thugger*

drove a turbo john deer tractor around a field for a few hours today. probably would have been more fun if it wasn't work...

EDIT: i mean skidder... one of these bad boys

89 CRX D16Y7 swapped

Last edited by netfreak; 05-17-2008 at 12:18 PM.
netfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:41 PM   #16457

A buddy nearly rolled his K5 at postil with 9 of us in it. Slid off the trail and went into the bog almost upside down. I broke thru the side window trying to hold myself up with 2 people ontop of me with water coming higher and higher inside the truck. Not something I want to go thru again, but in all good fun I'll be at it again in the morning
LADIES!!! Tired of being alone? Going through too many batteries at bedtime? Would you like a "hand"?? Well, you're in luck!!! S.T.U.D.S IS HERE FOR YOU!!! We offer all types of services, from a basic lube, to the full service! S.T.U.D.S.

Last edited by girlcrazy_420; 05-17-2008 at 09:42 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:33 AM   #16458
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
this one?

http://photos-181.ll.facebook.com/ph...00718_4130.jpg
Old 05-18-2008, 08:50 AM   #16459
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

I saw a red G35 from Alberta with a black G35 and the green RX7 at Eldorado yesterday when we were docking our boat.
alexmurovec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:02 AM   #16460
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
That's Brandon, Derek, and Geby.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:16 AM   #16461
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

so in the past month i bought two more toys... and i think thats enough for this year.

the first one is an electric truck i bought for my gf. its a wheelie machine. the second one is a nitro truck for me

traxxas stampede (electric)

traxxas revo 3.3

i cant beleive how fast these things can go, here are some specs of the engine:

Weight: Roughly 10lbs with fuel
Displacement: 0.20ci (3.3cc)
Peak HP: 1.06hp @ 30,900rpm
Peak Torque: 38.32 oz-in @ 22,700rpm
Peak RPM: 38,100 rpm
SmokeyTheBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:17 AM   #16462
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
anyone spot the NSX club in town? apparently a few had snails and one had a comptech blower.

also blew passed the corvette guys on highway 33 towards beaverdell yesterday
Old 05-18-2008, 09:35 AM   #16463

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
yes, thx for the pic
Old 05-18-2008, 12:46 PM   #16464
e-thugger*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
anyone spot the NSX club in town? apparently a few had snails and one had a comptech blower.
Yep, they're at the manteo until monday. Mostly guys from the lower mainland and alberta.