REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Okanagan Automotive Chat > Okanagan Off-Topic

Okanagan Off-Topic Whatever ya wanna talk about
Talk about anything unrelated to automotive discussion.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:53 PM   #16901
Banned for being an idiot

I thought forsure the revised WRX was going to take top honors this year in the fast econobox segment.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/..._test/(page)/1
Advertisement
down_hill_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:21 PM   #16902
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

anyone else get drunk dialed at FIVE AM THIS MORNING by our favorite fastest AZn?

fucking guy...
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:09 PM   #16903
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffh View Post
anyone else get drunk dialed at FIVE AM THIS MORNING by our favorite fastest AZn?

fucking guy...

no thats usualy you who drunk dials me :P at the wee hours lookin for chape parts

here i am today
Dirt Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:13 PM   #16904

^ yeah not 5 am im wayyyy passed out by then

i was reallt tempted to give him a ring at 8 when i got to work to wake his hungover ass up
Old 12-09-2008, 12:19 AM   #16905
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Ahahaha. jeff you are one of many who got the drunken phone call Sun night.
'08 civic lx-sr- 15.90@87.5mph
proshoraca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:44 PM   #16906
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

bought the new batman movie for $10 on blu ray at my local pawn shop
SmokeyTheBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:03 PM   #16907
Banned (ABWS)

Midnight Club: Dub Edition is soooo freaking addictive...
OffroadZuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:58 AM   #16908
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
^ yeah not 5 am im wayyyy passed out by then

i was reallt tempted to give him a ring at 8 when i got to work to wake his hungover ass up
I would have... When people send me texts late at night/early morning and wake me on a work night I text them back when I get up at 7 in the morning, lol...
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:44 AM   #16909
My homepage has been set to RS

Just on my way to Kelowna Toyota for a recall on the trackbar. Wonder if they're going to true up my toe' once the new one is put on?? Gotta wait and find out.
LADIES!!! Tired of being alone? Going through too many batteries at bedtime? Would you like a "hand"?? Well, you're in luck!!! S.T.U.D.S IS HERE FOR YOU!!! We offer all types of services, from a basic lube, to the full service! S.T.U.D.S.
girlcrazy_420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:39 PM   #16910
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Just checked the forecast for next week for Kelowna... supposed to be -15 to -20 starting on sunday and into next week.. faaaaaaaak. Working outside FTL lol.

Berz out.
Berzerker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:55 PM   #16911
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Just checked the forecast for next week for Kelowna... supposed to be -15 to -20 starting on sunday and into next week.. faaaaaaaak. Working outside FTL lol.

Berz out.
Fucking -32 about 80km outside of fort mac yesterday... any exposed skin starts to sting pretty quick

Last edited by darnold; 12-10-2008 at 12:56 PM.
darnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:07 PM   #16912
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:

fucking guy...
he drunk msn'd me. i saw him pulling through pen around 3pm hah.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:11 PM   #16913
Okanagan Mod Team

We have a high of -21 on sunday here..............sweet life, low of -31 on monday, wonder if the mitsu will start

R.I.P :1994 Dodge 2500
Sold :1993 Prelude SR-V
SpooSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:37 PM   #16914

^ lol id better jam a new battery in the jeep before then
Old 12-10-2008, 05:55 PM   #16915

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
got rear ended AGAIN this morning.

sitting at a red light on bernard/gordon with 2 cars infront of me and a few behind me. all of a sudden i feel a BANG and the Heep jerks and I think to myself "Oh Christ did my motor just blow?!" look down, its still at idle so i give it a rev and its fine. think "wtf is going on here." look in my mirrors to see if anyone is screaming because my truck is on fire or something and i notice the woman behind me starting to get out of her car and i realized the dumb broad had rear ended me. apparently on a solid red light, she hammered on the gas and plowed into my ass. i go over to her and say "are you ok?" she says yes so i say "then what the fuck is wrong with you?!" and she said she didnt know why she did it. fortunatly for me, unfortunately for her, i had my receiver hitch on the Heep as I was towing my trailer a couple days ago. no damage to me, but her bumper was punched in and touching the rad. dumb broad

back in the spring i was on my way home from the gym and some douche in a camry type car followed me out of the parkinglot and was tailgating me pretty close down Rutland road towards reeds corner so i gave him a couple brake tap warnings a few times, and each time he would back off to about a car length then come right back up within 2 feet of my bumper. i was doing close to 70 in a 50 so i wasnt being slow. finally i got fed up and gave a quick jab on the brakes (only to maybe 55 or 50, not a full hammer) and he plowed into my hitch pretty hard and then backed off, and then started coming up close again. he turned at reeds corner the same way i did so i pulled into the mowhawk figuring he wanted to have a chat, but he just kept going.

so the results so far are:

Trailer hitch (aka, the rear-ender-defender): 2. rear enders: 0
brb putting on my trailer hitch..
Old 12-10-2008, 06:40 PM   #16916
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,906 Times in 3,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooSports View Post
We have a high of -21 on sunday here..............sweet life, low of -31 on monday, wonder if the mitsu will start
I'm praying for my cars tranny haha.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:17 AM   #16917
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

upping post count
steganograph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:18 AM   #16918
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

carry on
steganograph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:26 AM   #16919

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I'm praying for my cars tranny haha.
I have troubles getting mine into gear and shifting when its cold. Likes to grind between the gears untill its been driven atleast a few blocks.

Got my truck back from the dealership and it drove harshly to the right with my wheel turned bout' 45degrees to the left. I took a look undernieth and I had to point out to the mechanic that he forgot to put the cotterpins in to stop the crown nuts from loosening off. Took a good 20mins talking to the service manager to get an basic alignment out of them. They sure didnt do a very good job.
LADIES!!! Tired of being alone? Going through too many batteries at bedtime? Would you like a "hand"?? Well, you're in luck!!! S.T.U.D.S IS HERE FOR YOU!!! We offer all types of services, from a basic lube, to the full service! S.T.U.D.S.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:32 AM   #16920
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Whoa thats brutal.... I would have raised serious shit.

Berz out.
Berzerker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:01 AM   #16921
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,906 Times in 3,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlcrazy_420 View Post
I have troubles getting mine into gear and shifting when its cold. Likes to grind between the gears untill its been driven atleast a few blocks.
mine is a real bitch to get into gear when it's really cold, it seems to be better if I park over dirt but if I park over pavement it can take a good 10 minutes to get warm enough to stop making me rev match perfectly to avoid grinding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlcrazy_420 View Post
Got my truck back from the dealership and it drove harshly to the right with my wheel turned bout' 45degrees to the left. I took a look undernieth and I had to point out to the mechanic that he forgot to put the cotterpins in to stop the crown nuts from loosening off. Took a good 20mins talking to the service manager to get an basic alignment out of them. They sure didnt do a very good job.
Gotta love it when you're able to point out to them exactly what they did wrong too haha.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:14 PM   #16922

if they are working on a tie rod issue related to a recall, they should be all over doing the alignment, its not like toyota of Canada isnt going to pay them for it...
Old 12-11-2008, 06:25 PM   #16923

I took it into fountain tire for an alignment but I guess the front-end is shot. They mech didnt even take a wrench to it and told me that everything was siezed as he could tell just by looking at it. He said that "all toyota's of this year are siezed" and if I wanted it worked on, i'd have to free up the lower control arm adjuster, and the tie rod sleeves. So supposodly I need to replace my pitman arm and idler before it can be aligned. They arent "that" bad, but definitely not new by any means. Its not worth it to sink new parts into it as its a pretty beat up ol' truck so I'm going to try tonite to make it drive strait.

If the pitman and idler are "wearing out", that would make the wheel not strait, right?? They should still be able to align it just fine as the tie-rods are connected directly to the steering link.

edit: Handy ole' tape measure did the trick. The sleeves turned just. Drives 99% strait and the steering wheel is in proper position.

Last edited by girlcrazy_420; 12-11-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:27 PM   #16924

Kelowna Toyota's work
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...s/IMG00280.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...s/IMG00281.jpg

Last edited by girlcrazy_420; 12-11-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:55 PM   #16925

fail.

we're, gonna fix all my front end shit on saturday at work and try to align it then, that should be a riot....
my front axle/diff thingy has been shifted an inch to the right, we're gonna "move" it back into place... then wheeling sunday i hope