REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics (https://www.revscene.net/forums/computer-tech-gaming-electronics_32/)
-   -   Official World Of Warcraft Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/252422-official-world-warcraft-thread.html)

impactX 11-25-2004 01:07 AM

Style: Normal
Realm: Kilrogg
Time: Pacific

Character Name: Impactx
Race: Troll
Class: Rogue
Level: 3

aaronchanfilms 11-26-2004 12:43 AM

Things will smooth out soon

Quote:

Originally posted by Vampyre
Supposively it's normal for a new MMO to have server issues for up to a month, I agree Blizzard should have been a bit better prepared since they did a stress test but it could be a lot worse. There are a ton of newbs bitching about the lag and I am pretty sure most of them are new to MMO's and as for the fee well it does suck but it's no differant than renting a few games a month.

Ulic Qel-Droma 11-27-2004 03:00 PM

^
i just noticed.... your email is blizzard. you work for em?

Vampyre 11-28-2004 12:05 AM

And he's from Cali'. It would be cool to work for Blizzard, unless they work you at dogs like I heard EA does, but I had thought about applying for an artist position but they never seem to need any one new.. of course Metzen and Samwise are incredible artists though so no wonder.

aaronchanfilms 11-28-2004 12:53 AM

hey guys,
yeah I used to live in Vancouver, I still browse revscene once in awhile to see what's up at home.

Slow GTI 11-28-2004 03:23 AM

Is this game anything like FF? Hows the leveling and party system, if theres one?
I wanna know more details b4 I ditch my stupid FF...

TIA

Ulic Qel-Droma 11-28-2004 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vampyre
And he's from Cali'. It would be cool to work for Blizzard, unless they work you at dogs like I heard EA does, but I had thought about applying for an artist position but they never seem to need any one new.. of course Metzen and Samwise are incredible artists though so no wonder.
metzen is awsome. he's been there forever. haha
his signature is like the metallica logo HAHA. thats the first thing i remember when i saw his artwork back in WCI.

Quote:

Originally posted by Slow GTI
Is this game anything like FF? Hows the leveling and party system, if theres one?

TIA

dude, WoW is the best massive multiplayer game to come out ever.
FF sucks sorry.
i havnt played FF. but ive watched my friend play it.. pfft.
im a huge star wars fan. and i played SWG.. for not even 1 month. this is far better.

Quote:

Originally posted by aaronchanfilms
hey guys,
yeah I used to live in Vancouver, I still browse revscene once in awhile to see what's up at home.

thats cool, wanna like, hook me up with the secrets of WoW?
haha
which department you work at? art?

yeah ... im about to spent 3 gold on a stupid axe(ok its not that stupid). just to outbid this fucker that keeps trying to out bid me.
its like .. 15.5 damage a second .. 2.8? or 3? speed... and one handed. and adds some attributive stuff.
it was at 1.5.0 gold. and now its at 2.0.0. im gonan wait till its like 30min till auction ends and dump 3 gold on the sucker. damn guy, no one beats me in an auction... well some guys do :p
im willing to go to 3.5.0. i hope no ones crazy enough to go that high (i gotta find that much first)

aaronchanfilms 11-28-2004 11:06 AM

Yeah art, im on the cinematics team.
Haha, the auctions are cool arent they?

Gimohr 11-28-2004 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Slow GTI

TIA

I loved FF but it sucked @ later levels.

WOW is much better than FF in terms of gameplay.

FF you have to party up with anyone to do anything.

WoW you can solo most of the quests. (Better if grouped)
FF you can't solo a rabbit that is 5 levels below you.

You don't need to be class 5 or 1million gil to get an airship pass.

In terms of class, every class are pretty much useful.
FF if you're samurai or dragoon or whatever, people put you on a less priority.

Quests: WoW got it. The quests are just worth doing it unlike FF.
The FF quests are mostly for fame.
But the WoW quests are for items, money, and fame. A much greater incentive for us to do them and have fun in the same time.

WoW got the raid system, which will be very cool when we do them. Its kind of like alliance in FF I guess, but you raid other players Horde vs Alliance, which is something I'm looking forward in doing.

Lastly, FF graphics is much better than WoW no matter how you see it... unfortunately compared to WoW... the graphics is all that FF has.

Drop FF, and play WoW.
Plus play it on Kilrogg server (Pacific).

Cuz you know its gonna be fun playing with us on Kilrogg.

For the Horde!!!

bing 11-29-2004 02:43 PM

play on pvp servers i think it'll be more funnnn

SkinnyPupp 11-29-2004 03:43 PM

If you want to fight spontaneously, just kill an enemy NPC. You'll be flagged for everyone.

I learned that the hard way last night ;)

KooJo 11-29-2004 04:57 PM

Yeah, I was thinking about going on a PvP server... But I don't want to deal with people attacking me when I'm in the middle or end of a fight with a mob. PvE still has raids and stuff you can do anyway so it's still fun.

E36i 11-29-2004 07:49 PM

Anyone getting a 'disconnected from server' message on the Killrog server when trying to log in? With all these issues, hopefully there will be some extension with the free trial. :(

aaronchanfilms 11-29-2004 08:36 PM

gamespot review up =) http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/world...ft/review.html

Ulic Qel-Droma 11-29-2004 09:31 PM

i have to say one thing, i love dual wield. *jizz*. oh man.
yes u miss a lot and the offhand weapon does half the damage. i dont care. i like it.

SkinnyPupp 11-29-2004 10:23 PM

server just took a stinking load of crap

BLUE-SOL 11-30-2004 01:03 AM

damn looks like i gotta check this out .. i played linage2 for awhile, anyone play that?

Eclypz 11-30-2004 12:48 PM

hmmm...thinking of trying WoW out...
this will be my first time trying a online RPG....

what's the diff between PvP, normal and whatever else there is?

is it pretty newb friendly? I read the gamespot review saying the menus and gameplay is pretty newb friendly, but when I play a month later, am I going to be very far behind?

is the point of the game to team up with other players and kill NPCs, or are we killing each other?

what's the fee?
I'm assuming about $20us?
I'm still new to the idea of paying for the game and then paying to play it, but I'll take your guys' word for it and assume it's well worth it.

SkinnyPupp 11-30-2004 05:02 PM

WoW is so n00b friendly, it's unbelievable. Fee is $15 per month if you pay monthly.

Ulic Qel-Droma 11-30-2004 09:41 PM

god damnit everyone surpassed me in level... other than major bludd haha.

SkinnyPupp 11-30-2004 10:15 PM

I am like 100 exp away from lv 22 now

quasi 12-01-2004 01:15 PM

I haven't had a chance to play that much which blows. I'm still on the "Blackhand" server (Central). I have a level18 Tauren Hunter and am going to start playing an Undead Warlock as well.

I have to admit the game is a lot fun. I bought this and EQ2, EQ although visually nice just isn't fun. The graphics of WOW aren't as nice but the game is a lot of fun.

Eclypz 12-01-2004 01:26 PM

so say i start the game 2 months later....will it be difficult for me to play since everyone else is a way higher level than me?

Ulic Qel-Droma 12-01-2004 03:36 PM

leveling up is takes exponentially longer
the first day u can get to 13 easily
but like for me.. im level 22 now. and it takes .. fuck.. i duno a whole day almost to get to 23 haha.
well not that long. but.. almost.
2 months later i doubt we'll be at 60 (the cap).

kikoman 12-01-2004 03:54 PM

I dont have a credit card. can you buy the game card for WoW at EB?