REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 08-10-2005, 01:03 PM   #1176
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
I've beaten Team Pitts before with my BT team but none of our guys really PVP anymore so I go with Blud and those guys.

I'll make Rank 12 maybe and quit. I don't want anything from the PVP system...the stuff from MC is better.

And as for HKS' comments, I agree. The game is too easy. There are fucking pickup groups clearing Lucifron and Magmadar now. That's just wrong.

We got Rag to 18%. We'll win if we use pots.
Advertisement
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:04 PM   #1177
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by HKS
Why this is suppose to be an MMORPG. Blizzard has stated that their end-game content will "stump" hardcore guilds and it will take days, even weeks to complete. Obviously we have proven that wrong.

Blizzard is sucks at making MMOs. And when Vanguard comes out, they will be losing many of their players.
but you havnt beat end game.. black wing lair.. wheres blackwings head?

and there is no end game content yet. i mean the frozen throne isnt even an open area yet.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 08-10-2005 at 04:05 PM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:49 PM   #1178
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

Quote:
Originally posted by Ulic Qel-Droma
but you havnt beat end game.. black wing lair.. wheres blackwings head?

and there is no end game content yet. i mean the frozen throne isnt even an open area yet.
Blizzard has stated that "end-game" content was:

"Onyxia's Lair, Molten Core and Blackwing Lair. Also the two new outdoor mobs would give guilds a challenge."

Yet only ONE of the instances is somewhat hard. Blackwing Lair istance is random. Strategies are applied, yet could never be mastered. The number of spawns, B.A. or other factors are random which makes the encounters hard. Not the mob itself. Plus raid balance has nothing to do with BWL. It is basically DPS based so warriors and rogues can do the most DPS and with many of those classes you will win. You can beat Vael with 20 warriors, 10 rogues and 10 priests easily. So what about mages, warlocks, shamans, pallys, and hunters? The eng-game is not balanced (for BWL).

Only ONE guild has killed the new Vael. Fury. What does that prove? That they are the best guild? No, it proves that the encounter is luck based and stupid. Ascent, Conquest, Afterlife, those good guilds cannot beat Vael, reason; Lag, poor encounter structure and everytime they (including my guild) beats him, they "hotfix" him to change him. So we make a strategy, spend hours perfecting it, kill a mob, then one day later it changes.

If that is Blizzard's way to stump hardcore raiding guilds, that is bullshit.
Guilds were killing BWL mobs with ease, lets take out Taunt to make it stupid. Basically blizzard just screwed Tank warriors with that move. When an encounter comes easy, they change it? How gay.

Yes, I complain about this game, because being a hardcore raider, this does not prove to be true end-game content.

Yes Blizzard does not care for hardcore raiders because we make up 10% of the game player base while the rest of the 90% are happy, which in return makes Blizzard happy for profit gain.

Yes I shouldnt be playing, but this game is like crack. You know it sucks, you know it's bad for you, you know it's stupid. But fucking addictive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 05:24 PM   #1179
I keep RS good

i have no idea what youre talkign about BWL cuz i've never been and probably will never go near that place.

isnt it just.. like. any other instance.. go through a few tunnels killing mobs and some semi bosses till you reach blackwing himself?
Old 08-11-2005, 01:23 PM   #1180
...in the world.

No, if you're not in an end-game raid guild, you won't understand, Ulic. Recent changes and bugs have made encounters in those instances very random and luck based. Every guild has noticed a huge change in, for example, the way you hold agro on Onyxia. There's too much randomness because the freakin' thing is too easy. I'm guessing Blizzard messed it up to make it harder but that's crap because it's hard because of luck, not based on making the actual boss harder.

That and the lag is horendous. Every fucking time we go do Ragnaros, some sort of lag or server crash happens. Goddammit Blizzard, fix your current content before adding more.

I predict Zul'Gurrub will be a fucking joke with blues that compare to MC loot like Dire Maul. Blizzard is trying to appease the "casual gamers" that want epic loot.

Even the chessiest guilds are starting to beat MC. IMO, there are only 5 guilds on Horde side on our server that should be in MC (TI, BT, ToK, Last Rites and Incursion). I couldn't believe that freakin' Burning Horde or Insane Asylum or whatever are doing MC. I've never even heard of these people...

Kazzak and Azuregos are easy as fuck too. The only hard part is being online when they spawn. We can kill either with 25...
Old 08-11-2005, 07:23 PM   #1181
Banned (BBM)

so I'm gunna start playing soon...Should I pvp? Is it worth it? If so, what's a decent server
_supras_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 11:26 PM   #1182
Rs has made me the man i am today!

^go pvp server its worth it...my bro's got a 36 human rogue on shadowmoon...i log on it to gank sometimes....lots of fun
Doubl3_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 04:41 PM   #1183
The "You'd Know" Moderator

Only BG matters in pvping! Nothing else is worth killing outside of BG.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 05:05 PM   #1184
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

a liitle OT but would an ATI Mobility radeon video card run this thing fine? Thanks!
1337CM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 06:25 PM   #1185
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,858 Times in 8,216 Posts
If you're starting, join Dark Iron. It's a brand new server; I don't know if we have any level 60's yet even.

There are 3 clans with like 500 people each though (all Penny Arcade readers)
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 09:03 PM   #1186
...in the world.

WTF....500 people each?! That's bigger than any guild still on Kilrogg...
Old 08-12-2005, 09:32 PM   #1187
I keep RS good

Quote:
Originally posted by SkinnyPupp
If you're starting, join Dark Iron. It's a brand new server; I don't know if we have any level 60's yet even.

There are 3 clans with like 500 people each though (all Penny Arcade readers)
fuck for real? that's awsome man. that's what REAL guilds should be like.
there should only be 2-3 guilds per faction ever.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:51 PM   #1188
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

Why is that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 11:54 PM   #1189
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by 1337CM
a liitle OT but would an ATI Mobility radeon video card run this thing fine? Thanks!
I have a 128mb ATI Mobility Radeon X300 and it runs perfectly fine on my comp at full specs
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 12:05 AM   #1190
I keep RS good

Quote:
Originally posted by HKS
Why is that?
unity. the less individualism and differences between people, the better they will be. this goes for games as well.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:08 AM   #1191
...in the world.

That would suck. I can't imagine the confusion in a 500 person guild.

Our guild is like 50 people. 40 people for the raid and like 10 people who don't come all the time.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:14 PM   #1192

I partied with one guy from the smaller guild (only 300 people) he said he hasn't even really grouped with anyone from his guild. I guess even though they are huge, they aren't really organized.. At least this one...

I think the biggest one is quite well organized though. I ALWAYS see groups of those guys running around.

Last edited by SkinnyPupp; 08-13-2005 at 05:15 PM.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:52 PM   #1193
...in the world.

You're going to eventually run into problems if you go to high end raid content...unless you can somehow find a way to organize (and evenly distribute classes) multiple 40-man raids.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:55 PM   #1194
I keep RS good

panda attack is horde.. and they are the penny arcade guys?

what's the alliance side?
Old 08-13-2005, 08:07 PM   #1195

Best example? Ironfist guild on Alliance side on Kilrogg. Higher pop. guild also means there are too many trolls and tons of shitty players who don't know what they are doing.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:13 PM   #1196

Quote:
Originally posted by Ulic Qel-Droma
panda attack is horde.. and they are the penny arcade guys?

what's the alliance side?
The 3 big guilds on Dark Iron are Knights of Arcadia, Fancy lads, and Annarchy. I think Fancy Lads might be horde, I haven't seen someone from there

http://www.knightsofarcadia.com/members.php
Old 08-14-2005, 07:58 AM   #1197
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally posted by impactX
Best example? Ironfist guild on Alliance side on Kilrogg. Higher pop. guild also means there are too many trolls and tons of shitty players who don't know what they are doing.
VRO ftw
Old 08-14-2005, 10:29 AM   #1198
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

oops, i meant ati mobility radeon 9000...kind of crappy.
1337CM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 12:12 PM   #1199

Good news for horde: MC + BOP to force a flag drop is now considered an exploit (posted by a Blizzard poster). I assume Judge's Gavel is the same.

Old 08-14-2005, 02:44 PM   #1200

Holy FUCK

Playing on a PVP server was a BIG fucking mistake. What a fucking waste of a fucking week. FUCK