REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 02-15-2009, 12:08 PM   #101
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Yeah, that's kinda how I got it, too...

Hmm, I know... Starbuck IS Daniel... after a trip to Sweden for a little operation

this dosen't have anything to do with her chest getting bigger according to someone's post above does it?
Advertisement
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:26 PM   #102
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
^Cylon technology running amok!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:48 PM   #103
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
^ Sex with a Cylon must have helped. Anders should get around more of the fleet, breastify a few more of the characters.
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:37 PM   #104
Witness protection

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LaOq8WveR74&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LaOq8WveR74&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Old 02-28-2009, 02:51 AM   #105
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Does anyone else feel like the writers are really half-assing it when tying up storylines/loose ends? Like, its good that they conclude them, but it doesn't give you a sense of fulfillment when there isn't a huge impact. A few examples are:

-Making Tyrol's son completely human and handing him off to Hot Dog
-Miscarriage for Caprica/Saul baby (so far not much after effect)
-Mutiny resolved in two episodes, business as usual except with a few more Cylons onboard
-Earth was found to be uninhabitable and they're on the move again
-D'anna (Cylon model 3) decided to stay on Earth by herself in a scene less than 5 minutes

etc, etc, list goes on. They have all these build ups like they're going to be really important issues, but they seem to fall flat in the end. I just hope the series finale impresses.
jlo mein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:21 AM   #106

They even said, revealing Ellen as the final Cylon was pretty much a last-minute thing... so yeah, they don't really have anything pre-defined. For that, you need Babylon 5 - whole 5-year story plotted out in advance, with a defined timeline for a million years into the past and future, makes for a very cohesive show
Quote:
Old 03-06-2009, 08:03 PM   #107
Witness protection

gag reels! not sure if everyone has seen them....

season 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKeBepwwc60

season 3http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdmo_...eature=related

about the song at the end:

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/I_Wanna_Frak
Old 03-17-2009, 10:04 PM   #108
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Anybody watch tonight's BSG special?

Battlestar.Galactica.The.Last.Frakkin.Special.720p .HDTV.x264-aAF

Go grab it if you haven't because its a great way to end it all.

2 hour series finale this Friday. I'm going to miss this show
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:57 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Anybody watch tonight's BSG special?

Battlestar.Galactica.The.Last.Frakkin.Special.720p .HDTV.x264-aAF

Go grab it if you haven't because its a great way to end it all.

2 hour series finale this Friday. I'm going to miss this show

Yeah. What the hell am I going to watch now?
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:49 PM   #110

Nearing the end of the last episode here, why isn't this thread going nuts already??
Quote:
Old 03-20-2009, 06:59 PM   #111
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Man the last hour was so predictable what was gonna happen.
shishkabobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:25 PM   #112
Need to Seek Professional Help

so they landed on (our) earth 150k years ago. weak ending
Old 03-20-2009, 10:41 PM   #113

The only thing that I felt was particularly abrupt was Cavil's death. That being said, that scene may be part of what's being extended for the DVD version that wouldn't fit in the 2h runtime. I personally liked the full 2 hours, including the ending. All things considered, out of every piece of criticism that I've seen for the ending so far, I can't say that I've seen a better alternative presented... At the very least, a pretty good ending for the best show on TV since Rome.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:32 AM   #114
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
bleggh... it was ok

i h8d how they revolved it around that old bag, i just wanted her written out the entire series

i would have liked them to have suggested, at the very least, a group of survivors wanting to keep the technology and going to live somwhere near the Mediterranean (Atlantis)

what was up with Tyrol describing where he was going so much? any lore behind it?
was sweet when he found out the truth about his wife

and yeah the battle didnt last long enough seems like they just wanted to end that as quick as they could
StylinRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:06 AM   #115

There were parts of the finale I really didn't like. First, remember when Baltar convinced Admiral Adama to arm his cult with rifles? Whatever happened to that? It seems to have been swept under the rug due to time constraints.

Next, Racetrack's dead hand miraculously hitting the nuke release button. Yay deus ex machina! /sarcasm

The Laura Roslin flashbacks with her and the student. WTF. Really, what was the point of it? What did we learn from it? I have absolutely no idea. Also, the Boomer flashback about "owing one to the old man" really bothered me because it was never shown before so they were trying to add a cute bookend to her story that really wasn't established before this ep.

Admiral Adama leaving his son Lee never to see him again. Lee himself even says this is the second time its happened. You'd think the Admiral would want to hold onto what family he has left after Roslin passes.

Finally, not a particular bad point of this episode, but Tory Foster has been the most useless character on the whole show. She could have not existed and it would have been the same, possibly better.

I guess as long as I'm backtracking, the resolution of the Colonel Tigh/Caprica Six with Cylon baby plot was horrible. They clearly started that plot line thinking it would be epic, as they had Virtual Six (who we know is an angel now) predict a child would be conceived in Sharon Agathon's prison cell (and it wasn't Hera). Later they must have figured out it conflicted with the Hera story, and then decided to uneventfully kill off the baby and Caprica Six gets over it rather quickly.

Last edited by jlo mein; 03-22-2009 at 03:17 AM.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:51 AM   #116
VLS Barista Brat

Who else liked Starbuck's ending?
Old 03-22-2009, 12:46 PM   #117
Witness protection

i missed something here... where did d'anna biers go? i don't recall seeing her in the final.

also just out of curiosity... who's viper is admiral adama flying as he leaves galactica for the last time? is it his old viper? i can only make out "HUS-something" under the canopy.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:51 PM   #118
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
i missed something here... where did d'anna biers go? i don't recall seeing her in the final.

also just out of curiosity... who's viper is admiral adama flying as he leaves galactica for the last time? is it his old viper? i can only make out "HUS-something" under the canopy.
Believe she stayed on the thirteenth tribe's "earth" at the end of episode 11. She didn't go with the rest of the fleet.

yes it was his old viper from what i can see.
it has ?T william Adama "Hush?r" written on the side
shishkabobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:03 PM   #119

"HUSKER" was Bill Adama's callsign - as seen in "Razor".
Quote:
Old 03-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #120
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:

D'Anna stayed on the original Earth as the rest of the fleet along with the cylon baseship left.

Adama was flying his own viper as the last one to leave Galactica. Husker was his call sign and they've mentioned it a couple of times during the seasons.

I'm not a face of Starbuck's ending. I was 70% sure she was an angel that came back to help them but they could have played it out a little better. I was thinking that she was the daughter of #7 aka Daniel.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #121

Quote:

D'anna Biers stayed behind on the first Earth they found. No real explanation was provided and I thought it was a cop out by the writers to end her story.

The Viper Admiral Adama flies off Galactica for the last time is the fully restored Viper presented to him by Tyrol and the crew as a gift during the miniseries. The nameplate says "Husker" which was his old callsign.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:20 AM   #122
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
Who else liked Starbuck's ending?

I actually thought that, and the Roslin/Adama ending were good. They were pretty fitting to the characters.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:39 AM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Bastardo View Post
I actually thought that, and the Roslin/Adama ending were good. They were pretty fitting to the characters.
I liked where they were going with that, but it felt really awkward that they showed her actually slipping away and then he kept talking... they should have showed her still alive and smiling at him, cut over to him talking, and THEN gone back to show her dead at the same time he realizes it. And what happens after he sets the Raptor down and buries her? Does he just sit there looking at the view until he falls over from starvation? Does he go off and build the cabin and live there alone for the rest of his life? WTF??

As for Starbuck... maybe I missed something, but I think the single biggest "WTF??" for me with the ending of the show was, WTF was all that about her being the "harbinger of death"? It's repeated in at least three different places in the show, going back to, what, the second season? She will "lead them all to their end"? Well, she sorta did that, but...

What bugs me the most is all the things they spent all that time building up for, and then did nothing with them. They never did explain her burned body in that crashed viper, for example. Lotta stuff about her that was just left hanging for no apparent reason. Very frustrating.
Quote:
Old 03-23-2009, 06:10 AM   #124
Witness protection

and who is "god"? and why dosen't he like to be called "god"...

i'm also a bit lost on how tigh and caprica just stopped having any more contact after their baby died... i know the reappearance of ellen threw a wrench into things but i thought tigh and caprica had something going
Old 03-23-2009, 07:25 AM   #125
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Herald of the Apocalypse, the Harbinger of Death.

The Apocalypse is the recokining, where all sinners are destroyed and all others are brought to the promised land/eden/heaven/whatever. She was the one who put in the jump coordinates, yes?

And didn't her actions eventually lead to the destruction of the Cylons (directly or otherwise)? Harbinger of death indeed.

The relationship between Saul and Caprica basically broke off 'cause she was upset
A) she lost her kid
Ai) that it was because she thought he didn't love her
B) because of ellen
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote