REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-08-2009, 09:19 PM   #76
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I know I am kinda bringing this up from the dead, but my Wife, (fiancé at the time) asked me I could please find any video from that day. She really wants any video of her racing her Fiero. I'll offer up free hosting on a private server for anyone that has any videos from the Boundary Bay racing day.

P.S. NiteRaven, is this ever going to happen again. I just got word that the Pitt Meadows Auto cross is going to get a limited stay of execution and will be allowed to run a few track days this year.

Thanks in advance to anyone that has video.

This is her car, http://www.fierochick.com (has different wheels now, and it didn't have the strips on it at Boundary)
Advertisement
CaptFiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:49 PM   #77
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
wow... u really brought this back from the dead...

Niteraven may still have the video that one of the niteshadow guys put together..

sigh =~) that was an AWESOME event. It tops on my list of things i got to put on before I die. I cant believe we pulled it off. With all the politics, how young we were, had no idea if it would pull thru, bad weather, support from cops of all areas from vancouver, richmond, abbotsford, news and media being positive. even though rs took a loss from the event, just knowing we were able to put on something that massive was awesome.

If politics werent so against everything, this may have continued. But as you seen, even with pitt meadows, the autoX events are put on hold right now... so hard to find locations that support the scene.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:09 PM   #78
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Well BAS as this sounds, I am not an evil person, but with the increase in Gang shootings and stabbings, maybe it gives the media something else to focus bad attention on and sell News Papers, if the "correct spin" was applied that your / our Racing days gets kids off of the streets and away from Gangs, in a safe environment, you might be able to get the media to endorse this type of thing. Back when it was setup, street racing was "The Devils Deed in any form and the public jumped on the bandwagon.

Well again if ya have video, I would gladly add it to my videos section and even if the RS guys want, I can setup an RS only folder where we can place RS related even footage at no charge to you guys. Would be an FTP account strictly for approved admins on this site, and a "temp" account could get setup to a dir inside the RS dir for special event footage to be uploaded. The current folder is http://www.captfiero.com/videos be sure to check out the 6th gear video. Its one of the best "local" video's going to show the old time racers back in the Port Kells days. (ya ya, it was street racing) However it was the crowds and hanging out with Buddy's talking about cars till 3am that I loved.
CaptFiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:24 AM   #79
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
X_x sICK S13... RHD too
cococly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:30 AM   #80
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

!SG, sounds like you won't be able to put another one of these events on anytime soon huh?

I think this would be great for the community and take racing off the streets!
b-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:34 AM   #81
racing & tech mod.

Well, 1/8 mile is out of the question at Pitt Meadows, (extremely noise sensative right now!) BUT if we could find an industrial area well away from residential homes (like Port Kells!) and we were organised enough, we might be able to close off a section of road LEGALLY.

Movies are able to do it, Parades can do it, Soap box derbies do it... we just have to find out what the municpal requirements/fees are and get to work.

I know that half the fun was doing it at night till 3am and doing it illegally.. but really that is not a good thing these days..

or we could just do something at Mission...
Rich Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:08 AM   #82
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Sandor View Post
Well, 1/8 mile is out of the question at Pitt Meadows, (extremely noise sensative right now!) BUT if we could find an industrial area well away from residential homes (like Port Kells!) and we were organised enough, we might be able to close off a section of road LEGALLY.

Movies are able to do it, Parades can do it, Soap box derbies do it... we just have to find out what the municpal requirements/fees are and get to work.

I know that half the fun was doing it at night till 3am and doing it illegally.. but really that is not a good thing these days..

or we could just do something at Mission...
that's irrelevant the reason why soapbox movies and parades can do it is because it's either 1) known to be very safe (parade and soapbox) or 2) known to have massive crowd control by professionals (movies)

racing isn't any of the above. You can maybe do it in the Fraser Valley but that beats the purpose. If it's not near metro vancouver you might as well all go to mission together and do it.

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:48 AM   #83
racing & tech mod.

The problem is there simply is not anywhere to do it near metro no-funcouver - it's all filled with residential zones - the noise would be unacceptable.

However if we move the locale to a more remote area, and market the event as being run by professional individuals, with adequate safety precautions and so forth, it would be an easier sell. It's all about perception.
Rich Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:23 AM   #84
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
politics, the big speed barrier.

try to find a politician to support this, and ull know why it stops even before u turn the ignition on...

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:02 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Sandor View Post
The problem is there simply is not anywhere to do it near metro no-funcouver - it's all filled with residential zones - the noise would be unacceptable.
you need to think out of the box. Think about how many industrial areas are there in lower mainlands?

No one gives 2 craps about noise in those areas like in a late Sunday Afternoon now would it? All we need is 1/2 mile straight at best to do a 1/4 mile run. And we are talking about 1/8 miles here. But then once you go to places that are paved you kind of run out of run-out areas and proper barriers, you can't race like that in the eye of the public...

I call Mitchell Island ROFL.

imagine someone with poor car control bring out a 500HP GT500 and let it careen into the pole on the side of the road? Instant shut down. Airport strips are really the only viable solution.... Either that or the highway with existing barriers ..... good luck shutting that down.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:02 PM   #86
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
that was an AWESOME event. It tops on my list of things i got to put on before I die.
I agree SG, it was one of those days that stands out in my life too. Something I wish we could have made a regular event.

I killed that S13 btw.

I beat the integra too.

and in case you're not seeing a trend here, I bent the little bimmer over.

great times indeed.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:14 PM   #87
I bringith the lowerballerith

why were there police >>??

Air'd Out Honda Fit
Rb30 BNR32
felixy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:45 PM   #88

^ Because the police is what made that all possible.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:06 PM   #89
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
politics, the big speed barrier.

try to find a politician to support this, and ull know why it stops even before u turn the ignition on...
Votes are what count to these people, so let’s show them the voting power we would have. I’m sure many involved were just kids then. 90% of us are way over voting age now.

You see special interest groups for all kinds of crap out there demanding there interests be catered to by politicians. If the “Lesbian sisters of duck hunting mothers / Union 409” can do it, why cant we?

I have been thinking about this for a while, but I have no idea where to start. But if we can get a large enough voting group together, we should be able to at least bring the issues up in a realistic manner to these people, and have them looked at.

There is a big enough motorsports community in the GVA, and enough people to participate that our concerns from BS laws regarding the size of your exhaust to places we are able to enjoy our hobby should be addressed and taken seriously.

I’m all about helping out with this, but I need more people to join up and help me figure out how to make it happen.
91civicZC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:16 PM   #90
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

^its too bad that even if you do get someone to support it there will be idiots racing on the way there and back, doing burnouts, donuts, etc. I've noticed RS meets are a lot more civilized then all the other events I've gone to but there are always those that will try to put on a show for everyone else that is there without thinking about the dangers involved.
ws6ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:29 PM   #91
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

No biggie, this is Vancouver, people go ape shit over anything. Canucks lost? Better riot. Guns and roses aren’t playing? Better riot. Car made a noise? Shut down any in city motor sport events and chase down kids with large tail pipes. Someone got in a fight at the fire works display? Shut down the fire works and arrest anyone who wanders in to the down town area with open liquor. See, overkill is what we DO here in the GVA. Its like, what we are all about.

So if these douche bags get to have there way, why not us? As long as some dirt ball politician thinks he will be staying in power for another paycheck, and we can help him get there, we will be heard.

If we manage to get to the point of being able to hold these events again, we invite the police, and ask them to be as hard as possible on everyone who leaves the event in a "uncivilized" manner.

However, we are jumping the gun here big time, why dnt we concentrate on just forming a group to make things like this possible again through the power of election, we ca cross the other bridges if and when we get there.
91civicZC is offline   Reply With Quote