REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Hugo Boss (https://www.revscene.net/forums/331170-hugo-boss.html)

bobob 09-28-2005 11:03 PM

Hugo Boss

hey question about hugo boss. wha'ts good about the brand.. i mean versace is all about.. made in "italy" and all. but wen i chek out some hugo boss stuff.. all of em r made in differnet places.. like. some say. made in turkey.. some say portugal.. n some say china..
i mean compared to versace 's all in italy.. jus wondering why is dat.. n ... thot hugo boss is bascially top brand .. like in general wise..

RacePace 09-28-2005 11:37 PM

I don't think it's fair to compare hugo boss to versace, hugo boss is a bit of a lesser brand than versace, probably on the level of ralph lauren and tommy hilfiger, price matters a bit so they choose to make their products elsewhere, unlike versace where quality matters and get the best makers on their products and price doesn't matter at all

InvisibleSoul 09-28-2005 11:40 PM

I don't think they're on the level of Ralph Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger. Hugo Boss prices are definitely upper echelon.

RacePace 09-28-2005 11:45 PM

yeah.....I dunno, definately not versace level though

Ulic Qel-Droma 09-29-2005 12:30 AM

georgio armani

they're all badguys. and runway models are assassins.

[YeS.SiR] 09-29-2005 01:40 AM

Made in Italy isn't necessarily a great thing. All Benetton clothes are made in Italy, I'm not impressed.

Boss is a brand. It is dignified and represents a trendy spin on the conservative. They source their fabrics from all over the world. A suit is generally tailored somewhat anyways, so the sewing isn't what you're paying for.

Versace is a little more daring with fabrics and cuts. I was looking at a polyester Versace suit for $1950. Quality? Who knows. Versace? Yes.

And please don't compare Hugo Boss with Ralph Lauren or Tommy Hilfiger. That is a gross misunderstanding of the Boss image.

hamsup 09-29-2005 07:39 AM

haha... i love hugo boss... their cut and fits are very nice.. and the suits are extremely comfortable... you can't compare hugo boss with tommy hilfiger.. that is just so wrong...

I myself like the design and cut on hugo boss more than versace.. probably cuz i am a bigger person !

gars 09-29-2005 10:13 AM

ya... versace is definately a little more daring with their fashion statements.... hugo boss is pretty conservative, yet still stylish.

personally, i find Versace too "flaming" for my tastes...

misteranswer 09-29-2005 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by bobob
wha'ts good about the brand..
It has 2 words, Hugo and Boss

[YeS.SiR] 09-29-2005 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by hamsup
haha... i love hugo boss... their cut and fits are very nice.. and the suits are extremely comfortable... you can't compare hugo boss with tommy hilfiger.. that is just so wrong...

I myself like the design and cut on hugo boss more than versace.. probably cuz i am a bigger person !

Agreed. Boss fits bigger people nicely. I'm on the skinnier side, so my Versace or D&G suits fit nicer.

The scary thing about Armani, for me, is that they're still double-pleating most of their suit trousers.

CLK 10-01-2005 12:00 AM

Clothing wise:

HUGO hugo boss (red label) has nice fitted anything with a defined shape for lean people like myself; and their style is more conserved and subtle (vs orange with its cool, trendy and in your face styling).

Green label is more towards the sporty edge with more freedom of movement, like addidas but more stylish

and ya it says BOSS

Other stuff:

their accessories arent that great since they arent known for making those kind of stuff like shoes(prada), watches(omega), wallets(Gucci / LV...etc)...but still better than the average.

nic1 10-01-2005 01:08 AM

you guys are all rich bastards!

NISMOZ 10-01-2005 09:23 AM

I prefer the more conservative look of Hugo Boss when compared to some of the other more expensive brands which often seem really fruity or just plain ugly. The last time I was at Holt Renfrew they had a beat up looking t-shirt with fake stones bedazzled onto the front which spelled out 'Badboy' for $450....hahaha.

endless402 10-01-2005 10:15 AM

hugo boss black label = daaaaamn

if ure tall enough, the suits look great

nic1 10-01-2005 11:41 AM

yeah i hate how all the clothign is more tailored to tall people. cause even you buy a jeans or pants but then have it altered like shortened the pant leg, it doesn't look the same as when you first got it.

endless402 10-01-2005 01:01 PM

only tall ppl are allowed to look good :p

well tall ppl in the proper proportions...none of those stick ppl

we gotta get the asian brands

bobob 10-01-2005 01:28 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CLK
[B]Clothing wise:

HUGO hugo boss (red label) has nice fitted anything with a defined shape for lean people like myself; and their style is more conserved and subtle ("

mehs. thot red label was women's.. that's why i nvr got it. lol. saw some white jeans on sale but they were slim n low cut.. so daz y i thot red label was womens.. lol. mayb i'm wrong.. but.. yea.. agreed that versace is more flaming than boss. ^^

RacePace 10-01-2005 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by endless402
only tall ppl are allowed to look good :p

well tall ppl in the proper proportions...none of those stick ppl

we gotta get the asian brands

yeah, it's great to be a broad shouldered, 6 footer :D

Vege 10-02-2005 05:20 PM

Even with Armani and Versace they have some of their clothes made in other countries besides Italy. The quality is still pretty good it's just that they are a little bit cheaper than the made in Italy stuff.

Hugo Boss stuff is nice but no match for Armani, Versace and D&G :)

bobob 10-02-2005 06:40 PM

where to get emporio armani n d&g stuff? boysco dont' sell em.. n i'm jus tlking bout.. plain casual wear.. not suits at harry rosen or whtever..

Vege 10-02-2005 06:48 PM

Harry Rosen in Pacific Center has some casual D&G stuff. When you enter through the entrance closest to the skywalk it's straight ahead. Holt Renfrew in Pacific Center also has some basic D&G stuff. They are right by the Prada and Armani section.

stuff99 04-25-2010 09:43 PM

Leave it to me to revive a 5 year old thread.

If it's good enough for the Nazi SS it's good enough for you!

dave123 05-17-2010 08:16 PM

Other countries make quality stuff now..just because it's made in Italy doesn't necessarily mean its superior.

Check this article on Billionaire Warren Buffet, he prefers China made Dayan suits over others
http://money.cnn.com/2009/09/23/news...tune/index.htm

"Buffett's closet -- which used to include suits from the high-end Italian fashion house Ermenegildo Zegna -- is now filled exclusively with Dayang models. "I threw out all my other suits," Buffett says."

I just picked up a Boss Orange sport coat, I was surprised it was made in China but still a quality coat.

Mugen EvOlutioN 05-18-2010 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misteranswer (Post 3849153)
It has 2 words, Hugo and Boss

just like any high end brand

the logo says it all
:)

observer 05-30-2010 02:33 AM

Hugo Boss is good for larger guys with its bigger cuts from its German heritage.

Most important consideration when buying clothing is the fit and the quality of the material and construction, not the brand or the current trend.

Just because it's expensive doesn't mean it looks good on you. Clothing is meant to compliment ones body shape and hides ones imperfect body. The goal, making shorter guys appear taller, fat men look thinner, etc.

The naive follows the "fashion trend" and constantly tries to impress showing off the cost of the pieces, a gentleman with taste develops his own style and knows what fits and what doesn't.

Of course, there are basic rules which one must know, such as the difference between dress shoes and loafers, colour of socks matching colour of pants, how to tie a knot with a dimple and having the correct length, no suspenders and belt together, silver more formal than gold, difference between a dress watch and a sports watch, colour of belt matching the colour of shoes, button-down shirts being more casual, black more formal than brown, etc.

For the brand snobs, the most expensive off the rack label for men is probably Brioni, you can even have them do custom suits for you.