REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 01-21-2010, 07:47 PM   #26
RS controls my life!

Ah. That sucks. Thanks for the info!
Advertisement
xeryusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:35 PM   #27
easy e

Are they still at the same number? 604-233-1234? Tried call but the call never got through.

Looking to see if JP can flash the ROM on a HTC Touch Pro 2 from HK, thx!
Old 03-12-2010, 03:48 PM   #28
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

yeah still same number, I talked to him yesterday
greendb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2010, 09:14 PM   #29
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
If my flip phone snapped in half at the hinge and the wires "ripped" so the LCD is not showing...

They don't fix that... do they?
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:07 PM   #30
Need to Seek Professional Help

what screen protectors do you use for hte iphone 4
RESN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:07 PM   #31
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

I don't like dealing with JP anymore. Went several times for screen protectors and other stuff as I switch phones a lot. One time I had them put on a screen protector for my girl friend's ipod touch and they did. When we got home found the screen protector was bent so there was this huge bubble sticking out. They tried to hide it by putting her ipod case back on. I heard them mumbling something as they were doing it. Yes, it's my fault for not checking but I trusted them. I think it's bad business when you try to cover up a mistake on a screen protector that cost them $1 but charge $10 for.

Several times I'd call and ask them how much this is and when I get there they say it's a different price. And they have no prices anywhere. I realize this is common but I've decided not to deal with them anymore. I'd rather order parts from www.sw-box.com and wait the 1 month shipping.
josayeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:39 PM   #32
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by josayeee View Post
Several times I'd call and ask them how much this is and when I get there they say it's a different price. And they have no prices anywhere. I realize this is common but I've decided not to deal with them anymore. I'd rather order parts from www.sw-box.com and wait the 1 month shipping.
i can vouch for this guy. i called them a while back asking them how much some screws for the iphone 4 were. they said 4 bucks for one with installation. i said okay and went in. when they were finished installing he rang it up and told me "$10 please"

i figured whatever, $2 difference, no big deal. but in the grand scheme of things, that shouldn't be how you do business. i went to them because they were a rs sponsor, but after that one incident (over $2), i will be taking my business elsewhere

also, josayee - phonemore will keep taking off the screen protector until they find their work perfect
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #33
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josayeee View Post
I don't like dealing with JP anymore. Went several times for screen protectors and other stuff as I switch phones a lot. One time I had them put on a screen protector for my girl friend's ipod touch and they did. When we got home found the screen protector was bent so there was this huge bubble sticking out. They tried to hide it by putting her ipod case back on. I heard them mumbling something as they were doing it. Yes, it's my fault for not checking but I trusted them. I think it's bad business when you try to cover up a mistake on a screen protector that cost them $1 but charge $10 for.

I don't like to go to JP either because of similar reason. Last time I dropped my phone into water and it didn't quite work anymore. I walked into that store (because I work in the same mall) and told them about it. The guy said he can check it for me for free and asked me to bring them the phone. I brought the phone to them and confirmed with him that it's just a checking for what's wrong and just to see if it can be fixed, not to repair or anything. He said ok and said it will be for free.

An hour later I went back and he said he fixed it and asked me to pay $40 because he replaced some of the parts already. I was like...what? I did say I just want to know what's wrong, and I clearly stated that I didn't want to get it repaired. I then asked him whether he can just undo the fixing. He said he can, but the phone wouldn't work because of the blah blah blah modules aren't working etc etc. I told him it's fine because I am going to order a new phone right now.

An hour later I went to pick up the phone and after that I tried to use it and it was all ok. The phone was working fine and nothing was wrong with it. I am guessing all he did was wipe the water off the circuit board or something. But the part where he just repaired it and told me to pay $40 really lose my trust. I haven't recommended any of my friends to go there ever since then.
smartidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:16 PM   #34
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Wow sad to see that this guy is back at it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartidiot View Post
I don't like to go to JP either because of similar reason. Last time I dropped my phone into water and it didn't quite work anymore. I walked into that store (because I work in the same mall) and told them about it. The guy said he can check it for me for free and asked me to bring them the phone. I brought the phone to them and confirmed with him that it's just a checking for what's wrong and just to see if it can be fixed, not to repair or anything. He said ok and said it will be for free.

An hour later I went back and he said he fixed it and asked me to pay $40 because he replaced some of the parts already. I was like...what? I did say I just want to know what's wrong, and I clearly stated that I didn't want to get it repaired. I then asked him whether he can just undo the fixing. He said he can, but the phone wouldn't work because of the blah blah blah modules aren't working etc etc. I told him it's fine because I am going to order a new phone right now.

An hour later I went to pick up the phone and after that I tried to use it and it was all ok. The phone was working fine and nothing was wrong with it. I am guessing all he did was wipe the water off the circuit board or something. But the part where he just repaired it and told me to pay $40 really lose my trust. I haven't recommended any of my friends to go there ever since then.
Posted via RS Mobile
josayeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:36 PM   #35
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
the guy tried to charge me 10 dollars to do 30 seconds of work (change a bezel)

fuck this place.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-17-2011, 08:54 PM   #36
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
A pretty standard price.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 09:20 AM   #37
My homepage has been set to RS

They replaced by HTC m8 screen two months ago. Today the middle part of the touch screen stopped responding, screen still works but touch does not....Also the glue they used sucks, screen has been popping out slightly.

Stay away.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote