REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:00 PM   #201
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Purchase price or dont post.
Advertisement
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:55 PM   #202
HELP ME PLS!!!

the stock market is going to crash on or before sept 21st. haven't you guys seen that 900 million inside trade/sellout that happened a couple days ago?....
johny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:09 PM   #203
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

No but 20 years ago coming up the market took a huge dive and investors are thinking it might happen again. It happened in the 80's because it corrected itself or something. Hhaha a guy at work was telling me.
bossxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:24 PM   #204
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I will post some of my bullshxt on here...

According to my research and chart reading.. I think the market will crash on September 12, 2007. (I hope not!).. but to be on my safe side, I will sell EVERYTHING tomorrow and not buying until the Fed meeting on the rate cut on Sept. 18, 2007.

We will have big UP and DOWN before Sept. 18. I am up nearly 55% this year and want to lock on to those profit for the year.

I am planning to buy RIMM! Anyone works at Rogers? I need some sales number from Rogers to see the demand of the Blackberry.
McDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:03 PM   #205
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,448 Times in 1,438 Posts
i'm staying away from dow, tsx, nasdaq these days...
chinese market is still booming like no one. It's hard to find another market like this few years later.

Quote:
Originally posted by Death2Theft
Purchase price or dont post.
the other page gives out too much personal information.
I do day trade a lot, I wouldn't post if I am not making money
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:06 PM   #206
cmx
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally posted by McDick
I will post some of my bullshxt on here...

According to my research and chart reading.. I think the market will crash on September 12, 2007. (I hope not!).. but to be on my safe side, I will sell EVERYTHING tomorrow and not buying until the Fed meeting on the rate cut on Sept. 18, 2007.

We will have big UP and DOWN before Sept. 18. I am up nearly 55% this year and want to lock on to those profit for the year.

I am planning to buy RIMM! Anyone works at Rogers? I need some sales number from Rogers to see the demand of the Blackberry.
Rate cut??!! Would you pick up some bank stocks if that were to happen?

Back in early summer, for what it's worth I was at wireless wave and the girl told me that the blackberry outsells palm by like 10 to 1

Ipod touch and canada release of iphone all coming up FTMFW, what do you guys think of apple?
cmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:29 PM   #207

Quote:
Originally posted by asian_XL
i'm staying away from dow, tsx, nasdaq these days...
chinese market is still booming like no one. It's hard to find another market like this few years later.

the other page gives out too much personal information.
I do day trade a lot, I wouldn't post if I am not making money
yes, I recommend people to stay away from DOW, Nasdaq, TSX at least until September 18.

I can't believe China market is still rising like a rocket. I wish I can buy some China stocks as well.

I got plenty of oil services stocks which gave me a pretty good profit this year. I will sell ALL of my position tomorrow and not going to make a move until the Fed Meeting.

The possibility of a market crash is highly possible. Please compare the chart of DOW in 1987. Very very similar pattern of high and low.

I will attached a chart which I took from an article for reference (note: It's Chinese).

Look at this article by Alan Greenspan

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...Lb1hzKDMRn7HHA
Old 09-11-2007, 11:30 PM   #208
I STILL don't get it

Where do you guys get you level II quote?
VSM_TEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:21 AM   #209
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Alright, I've sold the majority of my holdings... bring on the crash...
97ITR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:44 PM   #210

ping an insurance
bought: $79.8 -> now $85.7 (+6.5%)

china life
bought: $36.65 -> now $38 (+3.6%)
SOLD @ $38.25

communication bank
bought: $8.16 -> now $8.99 (+10.4%)

this week profolio

Last edited by asian_XL; 09-14-2007 at 12:07 AM.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:56 PM   #211

(Heng Seng index) my next week tips...whoever cares

China mobile (target price: $120)

Vtech (target price: $63-64)

Chinalco (still haven't decided yet)

KCR (target price: $25)

ping an insurance (target price: $88)
Old 09-17-2007, 10:33 PM   #212

Quote:
Originally posted by asian_XL
(Heng Seng index) my next week tips...whoever cares

China mobile (target price: $120)

Vtech (target price: $63-64)

Chinalco (still haven't decided yet)

KCR (target price: $25)

ping an insurance (target price: $88)
hey,

you got Vtech as well?
My brother got Vtech when it was $10ish long long time ago...

Very good stock... too bad i am not familiar with HK stock market.. so I only invest in US market.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:00 PM   #213
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

The market seems to be rebounding, maybe a green light daytraders/investors... there are still a lot of discount stocks in the market. Since the sell-off of stocks in August, many reliable companies have rebounded nicely. Id recommend picking up the cheap ones before it goes back up.
Supa.Azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:30 PM   #214

Ping An insurance current price: $96

fuck, that's out of my expect...
bought it at $79

21.5% increase...w00t
Old 09-18-2007, 07:37 PM   #215

Quote:
Originally posted by Supa.Azn
The market seems to be rebounding, maybe a green light daytraders/investors... there are still a lot of discount stocks in the market. Since the sell-off of stocks in August, many reliable companies have rebounded nicely. Id recommend picking up the cheap ones before it goes back up.
no man....for daytraders...rebound = time to sell and make profit.
A lot of the indice have reached a very high point, i just sold 3/4 of what I have.

except Ping An now it's $97.3...DAMN!

nvm...it just hit $97.65

nnvm...I sold 500shares at $98.8 going strong!

Last edited by asian_XL; 09-18-2007 at 08:22 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:04 PM   #216

I think the market will be going strong over the next couple days as buyers are coming back into the market.

But I think we will US economy getting worst in the coming months.
half percentage cut will not do it... recession is coming for US. That's for sure. If the Fed keeps cutting rate, inflation will get out of hand and oil will be well over $100 by next summer.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:22 PM   #217

The following stocks will be in my radar and I will purchase/add when timing is right.

RIMM 90.35
AAPL 140.92
LVS 131.65
MDR 50.59
GRP 54.35
FWLT 130.18
FLR 139.33

I am very interested in buying RIMM, and it might pop 20% when they release earning in early October.
Blackberry has been very popular lately and saw a lot of people go to Roger and getting one. By rolling new products and expanding throughout the world including China. This is huge for blackberry phones.

Last edited by McDick; 09-18-2007 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:05 PM   #218

fyi, blackberry is not a heat product in china nor in asia.

i sure see a lot of advertisment out there...but not as much as
other similar products. I'd say give it a little bit more time before
it can gain more market share in asia.

keep an eye on those renewable and environmental sound
industries...like natural gas, biodiesel, solar energy. The news is
going around and it's believed to be the next boom.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:16 PM   #219
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally posted by McDick
The following stocks will be in my radar and I will purchase/add when timing is right.

RIMM 90.35
AAPL 140.92
LVS 131.65
MDR 50.59
GRP 54.35
FWLT 130.18
FLR 139.33

I am very interested in buying RIMM, and it might pop 20% when they release earning in early October.
Blackberry has been very popular lately and saw a lot of people go to Roger and getting one. By rolling new products and expanding throughout the world including China. This is huge for blackberry phones.
I'm curious why in one post you comment about the inevitability of a recession in the states but in this post you list stocks that you're watching where at least the top three are companies who offer a product/service whose profits would surely drop in a recession. Not attacking you or questioning you but just curious more than anything.
97ITR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:50 PM   #220
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally posted by 97ITR
I'm curious why in one post you comment about the inevitability of a recession in the states but in this post you list stocks that you're watching where at least the top three are companies who offer a product/service whose profits would surely drop in a recession. Not attacking you or questioning you but just curious more than anything.
I didn't bother looking at McDick's historical posts and will just take your word on his comment about "the inevitability of a recession in the states".

I am guessing McDick believes he can still capture a strong capital gain from these stocks keeping in mind that the key is "timing" although I personally am not big on "timing" the market as I am more of a fundamental analysis rather than technical analysis kind of guy.

Nevertheless, both RIMM and AAPL are investment grade companies IMO, sound mgmt and interim statements, but obviously overpriced (moreso in terms of RIMM... just take alook at its P/E relative to industry and competitors)...

My 2 cents.
QJai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:02 PM   #221

I played by the chart a lot. I am NOT a long term investor. I do jumping in and out of stocks. I rarely hold a stock for more than 6 months.

My mind do change from week by week.
You have to think like that in this market. Some stocks do better in certain months. It's more like a cycle for them. Technology sector usually do well in Santa Claus rally which happened from September to December every year.

I just ruled out RIMM from my buying list because their P/E is in the 70's, which is way too high.

I do think recession is coming to US. It will take years for US to recover.

I am bullish for stocks which involved in Oil Sector, especially oil services related stocks.

97ITR: I guess you missed the big bounce up over the past two days.

Last edited by McDick; 09-19-2007 at 05:04 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:19 PM   #222
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

97ITR: Never knew you were into stocks. lol. should have told me earlier.

Well since everyone has been tipping, I will share some of my picks, and let you guys rate it. I am not a day trader, I hold on average of 4-6 months for a stock. Consider these points if you follow my suggestions.

Texas Instrument, TXN (currently around 35.20, weaker Q3 then expected, but holiday season should push sales up around Oct and Nov). This has been a very solid stock, good fundamentals, and their business model really minimize debt. I got on multiple times around 29-30. should peak 40 at Q4 or Q1 of 08

Baidu, BIDU (currently at 52 week high around 277). Not a fundamental stock, but alot of hype around it. China's google equivalent. It has broken 52 week highs constantly. money and trade volumes are very high. There is no ceiling, or resistance for this one. As US economy slows, investors are likely to look into offshore companies or international companies to sell into. This is a big one (esp when YHOO and GOOG earnings are less then stellar).

GG or G (TSE) GoldCorp. Vancouver based gold mining management company. Lowest production cost \ highest profit gold miner. Volitility and mixed market signals has always been an advantage for Gold. In fact Gold has
topped out all time high recently. Target around 32 for now.

NVDA (Nividia), With AMD and ATI now merged, NVDA looks much better on the balance book without debt, This is a sure winner ahead of ATI. What is interesting from charts point of view is that since the merge happens ATI is dragged down by AMD and earnings are not seperate. Fundamental players will take this into factor. NVDA on the other hand has alot of supporters and earnings are having some flying colors. 3:2 split recently, and has now become bit more affordable for some. I would get in about 32-33 if it ever approach back to this level.

Couple others I recommend are

BWR (Breakwaterhouse) - Silver / zinc miner
INTC (Intel) - Product specs and offering far exceed AMD
AAPL (Apple) - Constant solid performance. If you dont know how to invest, just throw money in here and leave it in.

Last edited by BoredAtWork; 09-19-2007 at 06:22 PM.
BoredAtWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:56 PM   #223

Quote:
Originally posted by BoredAtWork
97ITR: Never knew you were into stocks. lol. should have told me earlier.

Well since everyone has been tipping, I will share some of my picks, and let you guys rate it. I am not a day trader, I hold on average of 4-6 months for a stock. Consider these points if you follow my suggestions.

Texas Instrument, TXN (currently around 35.20, weaker Q3 then expected, but holiday season should push sales up around Oct and Nov). This has been a very solid stock, good fundamentals, and their business model really minimize debt. I got on multiple times around 29-30. should peak 40 at Q4 or Q1 of 08

Baidu, BIDU (currently at 52 week high around 277). Not a fundamental stock, but alot of hype around it. China's google equivalent. It has broken 52 week highs constantly. money and trade volumes are very high. There is no ceiling, or resistance for this one. As US economy slows, investors are likely to look into offshore companies or international companies to sell into. This is a big one (esp when YHOO and GOOG earnings are less then stellar).

GG or G (TSE) GoldCorp. Vancouver based gold mining management company. Lowest production cost \ highest profit gold miner. Volitility and mixed market signals has always been an advantage for Gold. In fact Gold has
topped out all time high recently. Target around 32 for now.

NVDA (Nividia), With AMD and ATI now merged, NVDA looks much better on the balance book without debt, This is a sure winner ahead of ATI. What is interesting from charts point of view is that since the merge happens ATI is dragged down by AMD and earnings are not seperate. Fundamental players will take this into factor. NVDA on the other hand has alot of supporters and earnings are having some flying colors. 3:2 split recently, and has now become bit more affordable for some. I would get in about 32-33 if it ever approach back to this level.

Couple others I recommend are

BWR (Breakwaterhouse) - Silver / zinc miner
INTC (Intel) - Product specs and offering far exceed AMD
AAPL (Apple) - Constant solid performance. If you dont know how to invest, just throw money in here and leave it in.
You have a pretty good combination there..
Old 09-20-2007, 06:24 PM   #224
SFICC-05*

I have a question guys, maybe some of you pros can help me understand this. Excuse my noobness please.

Clarcor Inc (CLC)
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=CLC&...=on&z=m&q=l&c=

It says that trade volume went down (622%) and price also went down drastically, but it opened and closed at nearly the same price (off by 60 cents). How come there's barely any change to price?
chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 06:31 PM   #225

buy low sell high...daytraders.

that's how you make money. It goes up because there are some
people bought all the stocks that were sold out there.