REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:22 PM   #8201
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhEnX View Post
I have a question for all the options guys.

Is it possible to find a broker that doesn't require you to pay for the shares up front as if you were planning on exercising your options? Or a broker that will give you margin against non in the money options?

Thanks for the info.
I don't understand your question... when buying options at all brokerages you only pay the premium of the contracts not intrinsic value of the contracts you are buying... Do you mean when exercising options the brokerage uses their funds to exercise and then you sell and keep the difference?
Advertisement
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #8202
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
lol please get off message boards and learn how the market works. most product launches are shorted heavily and will be shorted heavily until product PROVEN successful. Shorts will be in RIMM for a longggg time.
This guy cant even drive with a license, so don't expect him to know how to work the stock market.
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:01 PM   #8203
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post
This guy cant even drive with a license, so don't expect him to know how to work the stock market.
this retard cant even comprehend english. Ur idiot ass got bashed in the license thread, cuz u have the iq of a child.
z-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:03 PM   #8204
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
lol please get off message boards and learn how the market works. most product launches are shorted heavily and will be shorted heavily until product PROVEN successful. Shorts will be in RIMM for a longggg time.
i know how the stock market works, and shorts will be covering their stock come Jan.30. Rim stock only dropped bc of a revenue change up, and it was blown out of proportion.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #8205
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
you're an idiot for not taking a 100% + gain.
If your not ready to put ur money where your mouth is, or have a position in the stock i wouldn't be telling people what or what not to do.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:14 PM   #8206
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
The market prices in success far before it is a guarantee. IMO RIM will still see a run up before the BB10 launch. But I will sell all my holdings day before launch lol
Old 12-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #8207

Quote:
I don't understand your question... when buying options at all brokerages you only pay the premium of the contracts not intrinsic value of the contracts you are buying... Do you mean when exercising options the brokerage uses their funds to exercise and then you sell and keep the difference?
my shitty TD waterhouse brokerage requires the contract premium cost and the cost of the underlying asset. then refunds the costs of the assets after the options contracts are sold.

question #2 do you use a brokerage that will allow for options trades under the tfsa banner?

fml

Last edited by PhEnX; 12-23-2012 at 07:19 PM. Reason: more questions..
PhEnX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:19 PM   #8208
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by z-33 View Post
If your not ready to put ur money where your mouth is, or have a position in the stock i wouldn't be telling people what or what not to do.
lol im trying to help you brahs to stop drinking the koolaid but i guess you will learn the hard way in one ticker sooner or later. ask shawnly I give him my trades in real time

If we include December, up 750% this year since I funded my IB account in May 2012. peace.
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-23-2012, 07:27 PM   #8209

Quote:
lol im trying to help you brahs to stop drinking the koolaid but i guess you will learn the hard way in one ticker sooner or later. ask shawnly I give him my trades in real time

If we include December, up 750% this year since I funded my IB account in May 2012. peace.
your strategy is short term options just trading on straight technical s?
Old 12-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #8210
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by z-33;8094350[B
]i dropped a nice junk of money into RIM at 11.50.[/B] I think it a solid gamble, and think RIM will be a success. Hopefully, by next time this year it'll be close to the $40 dollar range. Right now the stock price is being raised all on speculation and analyst reports, once they have 1 solid quarter in 2013 to back up the claims the price is going to shoot through the roof! Rim is going to release their fiscal quarter report on Dec.20, and i think its going to exceed expectations. B4 JAN.30(release of bb10) i think the stock will be close to the 14-17 dollar range around release day.
Quote:
If youve been following the stock, analyst bashing and negative news no longer effects the stock price anymore. Yesterday is was reported that they were getting sued for bluetooth infringment and the stock rose 1.10 in the course of 2 days. I believe in Rim, and am holding this stock over the course of 2013.
Quote:
i know how the stock market works, and shorts will be covering their stock come Jan.30. Rim stock only dropped bc of a revenue change up, and it was blown out of proportion.
Your RIM posts are fucking priceless.

Straight up, brilliant advice.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:03 PM   #8211
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
Your RIM posts are fucking priceless.

Straight up, brilliant advice.

put some money up and will have a wager on rims success/downfall.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:08 PM   #8212

Quote:
Dude I hold RIM but everyone of your above quoted statements was wrong..
Old 12-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #8213
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
i dropped a nice junk of money into RIM at 11.50. I think it a solid gamble, and think RIM will be a success. Hopefully, by next time this year it'll be close to the $40 dollar range. Right now the stock price is being raised all on speculation and analyst reports, once they have 1 solid quarter in 2013 to back up the claims the price is going to shoot through the roof! Rim is going to release their fiscal quarter report on Dec.20, and i think its going to exceed expectations. B4 JAN.30(release of bb10) i think the stock will be close to the 14-17 dollar range around release day. The only mistake I think RIM is making right now is by releasing the touch screen blackberry b4 the physical keyboard model. However, it will be released about 2-4 weeks after and dont think it should be that big of a problem.

I personally switched from the blackberry world after owning one since 2007, to jumping ship recently to the iphone 5. I currently use the iphone 5, and cant wait to get rid of this thing and go back to using a blackberry. I miss BBM, and my physical keyboard! iPhone is such a hyped up phone and dated os, i think its going to lose its hype just like blackberry did. The iphone 5 is such a minor improvement from the iphone 4 and that is why apple stock is going downhill. Everything they release has such minor improvement, that its not even worth dishing out the extra amount of money to own the next best thing. Sooner or later even the apple fan boys are going to realize that its just not worth it!
Rim did beat expectations like a predicted, and it went up to 15.50 in afterhours trading on dec.20, until Thorsten Heins did a video call telling analyst that rim was changing up its revenue plans regarding bes/bis. Also the market is going to correct itself b4 launch and i bet you it will be in the 17-20 dollar range upon release.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:12 PM   #8214
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
how so? Jan.30 still to come, and it did beat expectations?
Old 12-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #8215
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
how so? Jan.30 still to come, and it did beat expectations?
Can u stop, ur not adding any valuable discussion one way or another, ur just spouting off like u have a point to prove.

U don't want to see 'the other side' so why even come here?
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:20 PM   #8216
Banned By Establishment

-rim lost .22 cents per share, analyst predicted .35,
-still have 2.9 billion in cash (gained 600,000 k),
-they generated 2.7 billion in sales, analyst predicted 2.6
-only thing it lost was 1 mill in subscriber base
-shipped 6.9 million devices
Old 12-23-2012, 08:23 PM   #8217
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
Can u stop, ur not adding any valuable discussion one way or another, ur just spouting off like u have a point to prove.

U don't want to see 'the other side' so why even come here?

whats the other side? Everything i said was right? Seems to me like ur just another Rim basher.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #8218
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
this retard cant even comprehend english. Ur idiot ass got bashed in the license thread, cuz u have the iq of a child.
Bashing my comprehension of english with the spelling of a 13 year old girl. Nice.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:04 PM   #8219
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
whats the other side? Everything i said was right? Seems to me like ur just another Rim basher.
The only rim getting bashed is the one between your butt cheeks.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #8220

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #8221

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
this is EXACTLY what i mean. everything you said was right? so you're saying its going to $40 or whatever you said, that's right? how, has it happened? OF COURSE NOT BECAUSE THE FUCKING FUTURE HASN'T HAPPENED YET!!!

what i mean is this, you spouting how RIM is back, baby! how BB10 is a game changer, all that shit - stocks going to $1,000 - fuck you apple, RIM's beating you to $1,000

whereas the other side of that would be what everyone else is saying, such as:

BB10 and the new range have been showcased, we have pretty much seen what it can do, a small amount of government agencies and companies have said they'll jump onto the new platform - no significant moves, like what would need to be made for a significant price jump.

BB10, most likely, and in my opinion, is pretty much priced in at the $10-14 range

to me, the risk/reward is too narrow with RIM - i don't mind admitting that how's i look at stocks, either long or short, i think companies like GE have a good risk/reward, APPL (especially at the price i got in) - hell, even an old favourite of mine CUU (you'll hear many bash it, which is fine, they're likely not well versed in the very complex world of mining - i don't pretend to be an expert in that field, but i am way more knowledgeable than most). i am happy to have a good mannered discussion about CUU here, but you haven't been able to do that - it's all flaming and statements with you.

as for the last quarterly report - i don't invest in RIM anymore (i did, made a packet, saw the slide in RIM products about 1.5 or so ago, sold near the recent top ($70ish)), so i don't know the exact information, but let's just put it this way - 'good' looking quarter, stock goes up after hours, conference call happens - stock tanks... CLEARLY SOMETHING IS NOT AS GOOD AS YOU THINK IT IS

never buy/sell based on quarterly reports - do so based on that + the conference call - as this is where the forward looking information/sentiment of snr mgmt comes from... stocks go up and down based on future earnings, not past earnings

you are welcome to rebut anything i said, i may not be 100% correct as i don't know the ins and outs of RIM, but i do follow the space as I own APPL, and am up near 100% on it, i will continue to hold APPL until i don't think the fundamentals make sense, or until there is a shift in the market. i don't see that in the next 12 months, as the only 'new' thing, other than refreashed iphones/androids, is BB10 - BB10 is not a game changer

now, please go away
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #8222
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post
The only rim getting bashed is the one between your butt cheeks.

lol, that was actually pretty funny but ur still a retard.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:57 PM   #8223
Banned By Establishment

[QUOTE=4444;8114527]this is EXACTLY what i mean. everything you said was right? so you're saying its going to $40 or whatever you said, that's right? how, has it happened? OF COURSE NOT BECAUSE THE FUCKING FUTURE HASN'T HAPPENED YET!!!

Your an idiot your doing the same thing! I predicted that Rim would beat expectations on dec.20, and it did!!!! I said itll be at 17-20 dollars come jan.30, wait until that date arrives b4 trying to bash what i have to say!!!

what i mean is this, you spouting how RIM is back, baby! how BB10 is a game changer, all that shit - stocks going to $1,000 - fuck you apple, RIM's beating you to $1,000

ur an idiot when did i say rim is going to hit 1000 dollars. Im being conservative with my numbers and 40 dollars is possible. I knew u would be an apple fan boy, get real apple is tanking right now and it will continue to do so since they arent innovating anything. Its the same product time after time. Ipad 1,2,3 same thing...now iPad mini with retina display same product different spin. Same goes with macbooks and ipods. Anyways this has nothing to do with apple vs blackberry. I never compared blackberry with any other product let alone apple. I dont think blackberry will be able to beat apple or android in the mobile phone market at the moment, but it will def take away some of their market share for the number 3 spot.

BB10 and the new range have been showcased, we have pretty much seen what it can do, a small amount of government agencies and companies have said they'll jump onto the new platform - no significant moves, like what would need to be made for a significant price jump.

BB10 is being received very well actually. It has already gained the support of over 150 carriers, developer reception is strong, and many many companies are beginning to implement the device.

regaining clientelle
ex 1)ICE BlackBerry 10 pilot program comes weeks after ditching RIM | BGR

developer support strong
ex.2 RIM says it will have more than 70,000 BB10 ready to launch apps | Mobile News Pedia

150 carriers testing (ROGERS already has began pre orders, bell and telus will be following next week)
RIM: More than 150 carriers completing technical acceptance program for BlackBerry 10 | News & Video Reviews of Gadgets at BGR India

BB10, most likely, and in my opinion, is pretty much priced in at the $10-14 range

your opinion?!!?? am i not entitled to mine?

as for the last quarterly report - i don't invest in RIM anymore (i did, made a packet, saw the slide in RIM products about 1.5 or so ago, sold near the recent top ($70ish)), so i don't know the exact information, but let's just put it this way - 'good' looking quarter, stock goes up after hours, conference call happens - stock tanks... CLEARLY SOMETHING IS NOT AS GOOD AS YOU THINK IT IS

Like i said it was due to the change up in revenue, and it was not clearly explained and was blown out of proportion. It will be explained on Jan.30

you are welcome to rebut anything i said, i may not be 100% correct as i don't know the ins and outs of RIM, but i do follow the space as I own APPL, and am up near 100% on it, i will continue to hold APPL until i don't think the fundamentals make sense, or until there is a shift in the market. i don't see that in the next 12 months, as the only 'new' thing, other than refreashed iphones/androids, is BB10 - BB10 is not a game changer

The blackberry is coming in for the number 3 spot, not coming after apple and android. Try to remember who was on top in 2008. Technology changes every day, and who knows where Rim could be in 2015.

Last edited by z-33; 12-23-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #8224
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
well, i gotta be honest, your opinion is just that (and you're entitled to it)

we never TRULY know whats going on behind closed doors

i doubt they'd sell to Teck or anyone for an amount less than $3 - but that's just my opinion

with the way the chinese are buying up canada - we can't forget that factor, the chinese love to put money into Canada, VERY safe place to invest in resources
by the way who are you to criticize what i have to say when your investing on "hope" that ur stock will be bought out?
Old 12-23-2012, 10:09 PM   #8225
Banned By Establishment

You call me a retard, but you constantly quote yourself. Are you bi-polar and carry on conversations with yourself?