REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #8226
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by z-33 View Post
by the way who are you to criticize what i have to say when your investing on "hope" that ur stock will be bought out?
no 'hope' i don't invest in or on hope.

that region of northern BC will be developed, just a matter of when. CUU owns the best deposits and is slowly but surely drilling and proving it. if you haven't figured, i work in, and have expertise in mining, so i do actually know what i'm talking about - there is no fact here that it will be bought out or anything, but i see a price less than its intrinsic value and can see that switching, hence my investment.

please don't tell me i invest in hope, it's called an educated investment for the portion of my investment portfolio that goes into junior mining.

and really, aren't you investing in a WILD hope that BB10 will be successful, i think CUU getting bought out is a LOT more likely than BB10 being successful (if you know nothing of CUU and Teck's buy in clock, please don't even consider responding)

i'm done with you, so don't bother responding, i won't see it
Advertisement
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:14 PM   #8227

[quote=z-33;8114547]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
this is EXACTLY what i mean. everything you said was right? so you're saying its going to $40 or whatever you said, that's right? how, has it happened? OF COURSE NOT BECAUSE THE FUCKING FUTURE HASN'T HAPPENED YET!!!

Your an idiot your doing the same thing! I predicted that Rim would beat expectations on dec.20, and it did!!!! I said itll be at 17-20 dollars come jan.30, wait until that date arrives b4 trying to bash what i have to say!!!

what i mean is this, you spouting how RIM is back, baby! how BB10 is a game changer, all that shit - stocks going to $1,000 - fuck you apple, RIM's beating you to $1,000

ur an idiot when did i say rim is going to hit 1000 dollars. Im being conservative with my numbers and 40 dollars is possible. I knew u would be an apple fan boy, get real apple is tanking right now and it will continue to do so since they arent innovating anything. Its the same product time after time. Ipad 1,2,3 same thing...now iPad mini with retina display same product different spin. Same goes with macbooks and ipods. Anyways this has nothing to do with apple vs blackberry. I never compared blackberry with any other product let alone apple. I dont think blackberry will be able to beat apple or android in the mobile phone market at the moment, but it will def take away some of their market share for the number 3 spot.

BB10 and the new range have been showcased, we have pretty much seen what it can do, a small amount of government agencies and companies have said they'll jump onto the new platform - no significant moves, like what would need to be made for a significant price jump.

BB10 is being received very well actually. It has already gained the support of over 150 carriers, developer reception is strong, and many many companies are beginning to implement the device.

regaining clientelle
ex 1)ICE BlackBerry 10 pilot program comes weeks after ditching RIM | BGR

developer support strong
ex.2 RIM says it will have more than 70,000 BB10 ready to launch apps | Mobile News Pedia

150 carriers testing (ROGERS already has began pre orders, bell and telus will be following next week)
RIM: More than 150 carriers completing technical acceptance program for BlackBerry 10 | News & Video Reviews of Gadgets at BGR India

BB10, most likely, and in my opinion, is pretty much priced in at the $10-14 range

your opinion?!!?? am i not entitled to mine?

as for the last quarterly report - i don't invest in RIM anymore (i did, made a packet, saw the slide in RIM products about 1.5 or so ago, sold near the recent top ($70ish)), so i don't know the exact information, but let's just put it this way - 'good' looking quarter, stock goes up after hours, conference call happens - stock tanks... CLEARLY SOMETHING IS NOT AS GOOD AS YOU THINK IT IS

Like i said it was due to the change up in revenue, and it was not clearly explained and was blown out of proportion. It will be explained on Jan.30

you are welcome to rebut anything i said, i may not be 100% correct as i don't know the ins and outs of RIM, but i do follow the space as I own APPL, and am up near 100% on it, i will continue to hold APPL until i don't think the fundamentals make sense, or until there is a shift in the market. i don't see that in the next 12 months, as the only 'new' thing, other than refreashed iphones/androids, is BB10 - BB10 is not a game changer

The blackberry is coming in for the number 3 spot, not coming after apple and android. Try to remember who was on top in 2008. Technology changes every day, and who knows where Rim could be in 2015.
i can't even read that

your use of bolding/non bolding in an inappropriately used quote is so fitting for you

i think, as iceman has suggested, you should go back to quoting yourself, works out better
Old 12-23-2012, 10:25 PM   #8228
Banned By Establishment

Alright man even though ive given actual facts, to back up my claim you still dont care to listen. Will just have to wait and C where Rim is at in the next couple months. Give me ur address and ill give you a Champagne Bukkake at the end of the year 2013.

z-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:41 PM   #8229

Old 12-24-2012, 08:19 AM   #8230
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhEnX View Post
my shitty TD waterhouse brokerage requires the contract premium cost and the cost of the underlying asset. then refunds the costs of the assets after the options contracts are sold.

question #2 do you use a brokerage that will allow for options trades under the tfsa banner?

fml
I have an account at TD and it does not require me to have the cost of the underlying. Brokerages would only every do that maybe on the Exp date 2/3 hours from the close.
minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #8231
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
I have a question for all the options guys.

Is it possible to find a broker that doesn't require you to pay for the shares up front as if you were planning on exercising your options? Or a broker that will give you margin against non in the money options?

Thanks for the info.

Wtf, they require you to pay of the shares then refund it ? That's messed up.

For your second question. TFSA should let you trade options. But there are no options market under Canada, so you would have to pay a large amount of exchange fees. The only brokerage here that i know of that allows you a USD TFSA account is Questrade so your trades are wash. You only pay $50 a year to maintain that account.

I remember back in the day when I would do an option trade. I would sell $18K USD worth of options in my CAD TFSA account. Exchange Fees from USD to CAD plus the regular options fees would be almost $2000 CAD worth. In the beginning it was ok for me since I was making 100-200% profit per trade. But afterwards, I didn't bother. Those damn fees add up.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:40 AM   #8232
Rs has made me the man i am today!

^ it's because PhEnX is not covered and selling naked calls?

RBC doesn't even allow me to sell calls or puts naked...
waddy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #8233
I bringith the lowerballerith

CUU with $0.78 open (-$0.30 from last friday). Closed at $0.87. At least no 50% cliff dive.

Anyone else holding on CUU for until the end?
Old 12-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #8234
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

^ i am still staying with this titanic
all4one4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #8235
SiRVs up, dude

I'll get in on CUU again when it hits 50 cents
Old 12-26-2012, 08:18 AM   #8236
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waddy41 View Post
^ it's because PhEnX is not covered and selling naked calls?

RBC doesn't even allow me to sell calls or puts naked...
Negative just trying to buy puts/calls.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:21 AM   #8237

Quote:
Originally Posted by minoru_tanaka View Post
I have an account at TD and it does not require me to have the cost of the underlying. Brokerages would only every do that maybe on the Exp date 2/3 hours from the close.
Are your using ameritrade or thinkorswim or active trader? Im just using the base discount brokerage and I called a waterhouse rep and he said that is the only way they do it? lol
Old 12-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #8238

Yep I'm just on the basic right now too. I haven't used it in a couple years, I've switched to Interactive Brokers, but I never had to have the full cost of the underlying. I hope you're not talking about deep in the money options?
Old 12-26-2012, 09:17 AM   #8239

Quote:
Yep I'm just on the basic right now too. I haven't used it in a couple years, I've switched to Interactive Brokers, but I never had to have the full cost of the underlying. I hope you're not talking about deep in the money options?
Negative I was trying to purchase just out of the money options.
Posted via RS Mobile
PhEnX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:59 AM   #8240

Quote:
Negative I was trying to purchase just out of the money options.
Posted via RS Mobile
I'm assuming you're on a margin account?
Old 12-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #8241

Quote:
I'm assuming you're on a margin account?
Tfsa account and margin. I was told waterhouse will not give margin on options unless they are deep in the money.

Been looking at diffrent brokerage options. I think, I'm done with waterhouse.
Posted via RS Mobile
PhEnX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:55 AM   #8242

Quote:
Tfsa account and margin. I was told waterhouse will not give margin on options unless they are deep in the money.

Been looking at diffrent brokerage options. I think, I'm done with waterhouse.
Posted via RS Mobile
Doesn't make sense to me but a bunch of things about TD bothered me a few years ago so I switched to Interactive. Commissions are way, way less. Access to futures. I didn't have to make 30 trades a month. The only problem with IB is that they apply the pattern day trader rule. Questrade doesn't though
Old 12-27-2012, 08:03 AM   #8243

Quote:
Doesn't make sense to me but a bunch of things about TD bothered me a few years ago so I switched to Interactive. Commissions are way, way less. Access to futures. I didn't have to make 30 trades a month. The only problem with IB is that they apply the pattern day trader rule. Questrade doesn't though

pattern day trader rule?
Old 12-27-2012, 08:37 AM   #8244

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
in spy 142calls .47 cents.. gambel gamble gamble 4 hrs to bounce gogogoog

out @ .60 +1.3k
isnt your commissions on that trade greater then your profit margin?
Old 12-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #8245

Quote:
pattern day trader rule?
No more than 4 day trades in 5 days or the account is suspended for 1 month. SEC rule that was put in after the tech bubble. I'd never had a cdn broker enforce it until IB
Quote:
isnt your commissions on that trade greater then your profit margin?
Commission is like 40 cents a contract
Old 12-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #8246
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
ugh, why couldn't the SP500 end deep red. I was so ready to stack more contracts until it turned around. lol.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #8247
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
ugh, why couldn't the SP500 end deep red. I was so ready to stack more contracts until it turned around. lol.
Out of curiosity, are you using IB?
dasani604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:22 AM   #8248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
Yea and now it's heading there again. All makes sense to me
Old 12-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #8249
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
So much for Santa Claus rally, hohoho
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:11 PM   #8250
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasani604 View Post
Out of curiosity, are you using IB?
No, I work for a firm. I use the clearing house's platform.

Quote:
Yea and now it's heading there again. All makes sense to me
lol, i took off early for the day and shut off everything, i didn't even see the drop till now. woot! haha...
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: