REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   How to tell a fake GUCCI from a real one (https://www.revscene.net/forums/406172-how-tell-fake-gucci-real-one.html)

Disillusion_10 07-20-2006 12:18 AM

How to tell a fake GUCCI from a real one

was wondering if anyone knows how to tell the difference between a real and a fake gucci bag, preferably the fanny pack (aka fag bag/murse/pouch)

and no need for any flames and comments such as "those bags are gay, only nammers wear them etc etc..." i've read the other threads that bashed these bags so we do not need another thread like that

-D

unKnown 07-20-2006 10:54 AM

you buy it from a store and not night market

lol

Disillusion_10 07-20-2006 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by unKnown
you buy it from a store and not night market

lol

umm ok...i would never buy it from night market in the first place

anyone else with some helpful advice? im sure other ppl would like to know how to tell a fake also

i would go to holt/ the gucci store and compare but i have no time right now

also i heard u could bring stuff to gucci/holt and ask them if it is real? can anyone confirm?

babyshortie 07-20-2006 11:22 PM

i heard gucci doesn't authenticate..not sure

Cman333 07-20-2006 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Disillusion_10
umm ok...i would never buy it from night market in the first place

anyone else with some helpful advice? im sure other ppl would like to know how to tell a fake also

i would go to holt/ the gucci store and compare but i have no time right now

also i heard u could bring stuff to gucci/holt and ask them if it is real? can anyone confirm?

well then where would u buy it?

azn_babe 07-21-2006 12:29 AM

holt renfrew or the Gucci store!! =)

Disillusion_10 07-21-2006 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cman333
well then where would u buy it?
long story

if u really want to know, to sum it up, basically got it as a gift from someone and want to make sure it's real, (as the person "could" have just got it off ebay)

6793026 07-21-2006 01:15 PM

it's gay.. the momnet u want into gucci and ask if it's real.. how embrassing is that....

sexyaccord 07-21-2006 07:05 PM

maybe they'll do it for a fee

AzNightmare 07-22-2006 08:51 PM

what country is your bag made in?

hope it doesn't say China.

(this post wasn't meant to sound racist by the way.)

h1guy 07-23-2006 01:40 PM

The zipper on the right side of the back, if its metal, its fake, if its a piece of soft black thing, its real.

Disillusion_10 07-23-2006 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by h1guy
The zipper on the right side of the back, if its metal, its fake, if its a piece of soft black thing, its real.
did u mean the right side of the "bag"?
and by piece of soft black thing as "leather"?

h1guy 07-23-2006 04:45 PM

yes

Gumby 07-24-2006 08:37 AM

Try getting access to one that you know is real (borrow from a friend?), and compare the two closely?

unit 07-24-2006 10:32 AM

basically, you cant.

not all fakes are made equal, so even if it has a leather piece on the zipper that doesnt really prove anything other than the fact that the bag is potentially a good fake.

you should walk into the gucci store or holt and see if they even still carry that fanny pack. theres a very good chance that its phased out as an item that was sold a few seasons ago, and no longer carry it. if thats the case, then you most likely own a fake.

A 07-24-2006 04:06 PM

Actually you can.

There is a really easy way introduced to me by my friend and it has worked everytime. She is the marketing manager for Asia-pac Gucci so she knows her stuff.

First take a red phosphorus match, and light that up. After about 5 seconds, it will hit the white phosporus compound. At that moment, put it about 3 mm from the the second GC logo on the bottom row of the fanny pack (bottom row, second from the left)

If it is real Gucci material, nothing should happen. If it's not, it will glow red. Becareful because it can get very hot.

They've put in a special coating into the authentic Gucci fabric for just this purpose

good luck, let me know how it goes

Disillusion_10 07-24-2006 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by A
Actually you can.

There is a really easy way introduced to me by my friend and it has worked everytime. She is the marketing manager for Asia-pac Gucci so she knows her stuff.

First take a red phosphorus match, and light that up. After about 5 seconds, it will hit the white phosporus compound. At that moment, put it about 3 mm from the the second GC logo on the bottom row of the fanny pack (bottom row, second from the left)

If it is real Gucci material, nothing should happen. If it's not, it will glow red. Becareful because it can get very hot.

They've put in a special coating into the authentic Gucci fabric for just this purpose

good luck, let me know how it goes

red phosphorus match? is that just a regular match?

went into holt/gucci today and looked at their bag, the difference:

my bag:
1) the leather flap is a little thicker than the one at the store
2) the leather strip above the zipper (right Pocket) is thicker than the one at the store
3) the zipper does not close all the way to the end (hard to describe)

i would take pics but my digicam is messed right now, but i have a felling the bag is fake, but i will try what u described above

Veilside Ryder 07-24-2006 10:40 PM

i walked into the lv store the otherday.. and saw a girl there holdin a lv purse. now im pretty sure the lv logo should face right side up but hers was upside down lol

thats embarrassing haha..

~designer_rice~ 07-25-2006 01:41 AM

Yes, I have a Gucci bag too and it's hard to tell that it's real. It should say Made in Italy. The quality of the leather and brass parts should be really good. My friend has a fake Gucci and it looks SO REAL. I couldn't tell if I didn't already know it. My name is registered at the Gucci store in Hotel Vancouver but I'm not sure if they have a record of what I bought. If anything carry a picture of the receipt if anyone doubts it. hahahhahhahahahahhahahhahahhah

twinkle 07-25-2006 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Veilside Ryder
i walked into the lv store the otherday.. and saw a girl there holdin a lv purse. now im pretty sure the lv logo should face right side up but hers was upside down lol

thats embarrassing haha..

What side of the bag did you look from? Because you know that the Speedy's from one side the logo is upside down because they use one strip of fabric to make the bag so one side the logo is upright and the other other its upside down. Sorry if it's a little confusing. Im just saying that if it was fake and she was in the lv store im sure they wud've questioned her of authenticity. I was at Gucci and a lady was wearing a fake gucci watch and they started to question her and ask her wear she got the watch and omigod they made a whole scene and everyone was liek wtf so she got a fine and the watch was taken away. felt so bad for her, it was an old lady too.

*CinZ* 07-25-2006 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by twinkle
What side of the bag did you look from? Because you know that the Speedy's from one side the logo is upside down because they use one strip of fabric to make the bag so one side the logo is upright and the other other its upside down. Sorry if it's a little confusing. Im just saying that if it was fake and she was in the lv store im sure they wud've questioned her of authenticity. I was at Gucci and a lady was wearing a fake gucci watch and they started to question her and ask her wear she got the watch and omigod they made a whole scene and everyone was liek wtf so she got a fine and the watch was taken away. felt so bad for her, it was an old lady too.
What the? Why would she get a fine...? That's messed up man..shouldn't the place she got it from get a fine?

Veilside Ryder 07-30-2006 07:36 PM

lol she got fined for wearin fake shiet haha then all those other lil 13 yr olds should get fined haha

beats me but all my gfs lv bags all the logos are right side up lol.

ExcelPremium 07-30-2006 08:51 PM

why she get fined...i dun get it...its HERS

Gumby 07-31-2006 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by twinkle
What side of the bag did you look from? Because you know that the Speedy's from one side the logo is upside down because they use one strip of fabric to make the bag so one side the logo is upright and the other other its upside down. Sorry if it's a little confusing.
To further explain this, imagine a strip of leather/fabric curled up in the shape of a "U" to make your bag. On one side of the "U" the logos will be right-side-up and on the other side, the logos will be flipped upside down.

ddalbowang 07-31-2006 05:35 PM

fake one has much smoother surface I mean "Jacquard"

real one has much volume on it... if u touch it u can feel this..

by at glance, its really hard to tell its real or not...