REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 09-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #13726
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivetwo View Post
I would offer him $1000 for it if he took off all the mods. Seriously...some people...
Advertisement
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:23 PM   #13727
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_like_cats View Post
I'm not defending the bad wrap jobs on here. I'm just saying it should take more for someone to put something in the HOS. While it's all subjective, I think there is some sort of "common sense" as to what is considered "shameful". I'm sure I could find a bunch of vinyl cars on this thread that the owners put a lot of thought and money into; then they stroll onto this thread and see their cars here?

I wouldn't consider that Audi "straddling" the line at all. If you think so, I don't believe you know what the word "shame" means. I'm not going to bother posting the multitude of fairly decent looking cars on this thread, but I'm sure at some point, you've though, naw, that looks alright to me.

Its alright if that Audi belongs to you, just come out and say it, RS can help. We can counsel you on becoming a valuable member of...Society?...(wait no thats not right)...RS!

meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #13728

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
2010 Nissan GT-R 2dr Cpe

did the previous owner ask for this to be half done, or was it extra to finish it?
This car is now in the Morrey showroom and the non-sense wrap job was removed. Price is still too high, fucking dealers.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:49 PM   #13729
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post

Its alright if that Audi belongs to you, just come out and say it, RS can help. We can counsel you on becoming a valuable member of...Society?...(wait no thats not right)...RS!

It is not mine, but I wouldn't be ashamed to admit it if it were. As I've said before, there are a few things I'd change, but overall I don't believe it's anywhere near "shameful" looking.

Honestly, I think a lot of people here just make fun of other people's choices/styles to cover for their own inadequacies. Are some of these cars really, really hilarious? For sure. Huge GT wing on a Neon? Even I'd cringe a bit.

I won't date myself, but I was around during Vancouver's "tuner" fad. Back then it wasn't mainlanders with their vinyl wraps, it was hongers with their crazy kits on ridiculous negative camber cars. Yes, decals add horsepower. And yes, we all thought it was hot shit back then. Do we think it's hot shit now? Maybe ironically, maybe in nostalgia. A lot of these kids like the look of their cars, and whether or not it's their daddy paying for a vinyl wrap, or their mom paying for some silverware on her son's EK, but can't dish out the funds for a correct alignment, who cares?

Trends are always changing, and one day what you consider to be fashionable may be completely laughable.

Now, just to balance my care bear post, I'm really all for making a joke and taking a joke--it's just sometimes I think people are just trying to be mean.

/rant
i_like_cats is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-17-2013, 11:04 PM   #13730
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_like_cats View Post
It is not mine, but I wouldn't be ashamed to admit it if it were. As I've said before, there are a few things I'd change, but overall I don't believe it's anywhere near "shameful" looking.

Honestly, I think a lot of people here just make fun of other people's choices/styles to cover for their own inadequacies. Are some of these cars really, really hilarious? For sure. Huge GT wing on a Neon? Even I'd cringe a bit.

I won't date myself, but I was around during Vancouver's "tuner" fad. Back then it wasn't mainlanders with their vinyl wraps, it was hongers with their crazy kits on ridiculous negative camber cars. Yes, decals add horsepower. And yes, we all thought it was hot shit back then. Do we think it's hot shit now? Maybe ironically, maybe in nostalgia. A lot of these kids like the look of their cars, and whether or not it's their daddy paying for a vinyl wrap, or their mom paying for some silverware on her son's EK, but can't dish out the funds for a correct alignment, who cares?

Trends are always changing, and one day what you consider to be fashionable may be completely laughable.

Now, just to balance my care bear post, I'm really all for making a joke and taking a joke--it's just sometimes I think people are just trying to be mean.

/rant
It's called Hall of Shame. I don't think you understand the point of this thread.
People post what they think is Hall of Shame material and it just so happens that most of RS will agree with the post.
And yes, we are here to make fun of other people's choices/styles because...well that's what this thread is about. We also have a thread called Sick Cars of Vancouver where we appreciate the nice cars in Vancouver.
So when we make fun of other people's cars, we are not trying (or I'm not at least) to cover our inadequacies. I'm not ashamed to admit that I have a stock family sedan. We're just sharing a car that we think is ugly regardless of how much money/time they've put into their "projects" because let's be honest, time/money doesn't always translate into an aesthetically pleasing car.
No one said every car in this thread belonged in here, in fact you will often see people defend some cars.
A lot of people on RS have cars that belong in the Sick Cars thread.
When we praise how beautiful a car is in the Sick Cars thread, we are covering our inadequacies because we would rather be driving the cars in that thread.

No one cares if you won't date you.
No one cares if you were part of the Fast and Furious days.
Who are you to come in with no posts and tell us how we should be judging the cars in this thread?

P.S. If that Audi IS yours, it's ugly and it's got hideous rims

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
This car is now in the Morrey showroom and the non-sense wrap job was removed. Price is still too high, fucking dealers.
If you can get that for $72 000, that ain't too bad a deal..

Last edited by k3mps; 09-17-2013 at 11:12 PM.
k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-17-2013, 11:30 PM   #13731

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3mps View Post
It's called Hall of Shame. I don't think you understand the point of this thread.
Sure I do. The point is to talk about what dictates as worthy of "shame". I just don't think a lot of you know what that word means.

Quote:
People post what they think is Hall of Shame material and it just so happens that most of RS will agree with the post.
And yes, we are here to make fun of other people's choices/styles because...well that's what this thread is about.
I personally believe a lot of people come to regard certain things are beautiful and ugly due to conditioning--such as one influential person saying "this is ugly", and creating a bandwagon effect.

Quote:
We also have a thread called Sick Cars of Vancouver where we appreciate the nice cars in Vancouver.
So when we make fun of other people's cars, we are not trying (or I'm not at least) to cover our inadequacies. I'm not ashamed to admit that I have a stock family sedan. We're just sharing a car that we think is ugly regardless of how much money/time they've put into their "projects" because let's be honest, time/money doesn't always translate into an aesthetically pleasing car.
No one said every car in this thread belonged in here, in fact you will often see people defend some cars.
When we praise how beautiful a car is in the Sick Cars thread, we are covering our inadequacies because we would rather be driving the cars in that thread.
I don't think you know what it means to cover for one's inadequacy.

Quote:
I used the "I won't date myself" as a rhetoric device, meant specifically TO date me. I apologize. Perhaps you do not understand rhetoric.

Quote:
I made this point to illustrate that trends and tastes change. They are fluid, and not stagnant.

Quote:
Who are you to come in with no posts and tell us how we should be judging the cars in this thread?
I guess it's okay for you to have an opinion on aesthetics, but not myself on whether people are being mean (I didn't want to use the word malicious, because I don't REALLY think anyone is being malicious).

Also, "my number of posts is greater than yours so I win". My friend, /clap. You are the pinnacle of dialectics.

Quote:
I also find the rims questionable. It was one of the things I was referring to when stating that I would change certain aspects of the scheme.

Look, I came in here to voice my opinion, and I personally think I was being quite amicable. You, k3mps, are obviously on the attack.
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-17-2013, 11:31 PM   #13732

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
wtf i don't even..
k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:23 AM   #13733

To appease the masses of the Hall of Shame, I was once the proud owner of this little lady:

Yeah, the car was green, yeah, it was an auto with a Razo push shifter, yeah, the BMW halo headlamps were kinda tacky, yeah, the JDM taillights didn't REALLY match the car, yeah, the springs were some generic eBay brand--but I loved her. (There are even tackier mods that I'm not even mentioning.)

I don't know, just feels like people back in the day were more about just being cool with doing something different. I was also a RS member back then, as well as of course a Vancouver Accords member. When did people become so judgmental on someone else's hard work? /sigh

I guess I'm just an old fogey, romanticizing the past. We were probably assholes back then too.

Edit: lol forgot to even mention the two little blue pearls of a fog light =)
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-18-2013, 12:26 AM   #13734
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Will you just leave this thread and let is enjoy laughing at other people's wasted money?

There are places to remeniss about the past, but this fucking thread isn't one of them.
Posted via RS Mobile
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:40 AM   #13735

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Will you just leave this thread and let is enjoy laughing at other people's wasted money?
I guess that's all that's left to do. Happy motoring, friends!
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2013, 02:32 AM   #13736
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Hall of Philosophy

What is ugly?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:54 PM   #13737
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 2,496 Times in 555 Posts
2000 Camry Tarbo

Brembo drum brakes lol
Klondike is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #13738
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 2,532 Times in 446 Posts
^ that FMIC is MAAADDDDDDD
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #13739
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 2,532 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
And yes, we are here to make fun of other people's choices/styles because...well that's what this thread is about. We also have a thread called Sick Cars of Vancouver where we appreciate the nice cars in Vancouver.

If you can get that for $72 000, that ain't too bad a deal..
i use to own a riced out car
MAD RED BRAKE DRUMS, SUPER TYTE JDM

but after years of RS education my celica was no longer hall of shame worthy!
at least i don't think so.

Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #13740
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFiPW View Post
2000 Camry Tarbo

Brembo drum brakes lol
1. wtf is a tarbo
2. those functional vent/scoop
3. who the fck mounts a tow hook infront of a rad! bump anything and rad is toast!
4.trd drums...
5. ?????
6. profit $$$ wait.. no price...

snails is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #13741
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
2000 Camry Tarbo

Brembo drum brakes lol
cant spell turbo

SEEMS LEGIT
fivetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #13742
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotenzaEight View Post
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:42 PM   #13743

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
2008 BMW 535 I ONLY 133000 KM!-$28600 - $26000

hall of shame in terms of used car pricing and English.

"only 133,000km" lol
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:50 PM   #13744

I am genuinely curious about the turbo setup on that Camry now. After seeing the rest of the car I am picturing a leafblower plugged into the cigarette lighter.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:30 PM   #13745
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfever View Post
good news, it's not an M5. sure it has the quad pipes, but they're smaller than the stock M5 tips. Dead giveaway are the mirrors. plus it's missing the slight flares the fenders have as well as the M5 vent on the front fender.

i know my bimmers.
you forgot the trunk finisher that only comes on m5's
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:20 PM   #13746
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Quote:
2000 Camry Tarbo

Brembo drum brakes lol
Oooooooo emailed!

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:51 PM   #13747
J.C

Thanked 2,790 Times in 592 Posts
^ ask him how much power it's putting down LOL
J.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:06 AM   #13748

Quote:
2000 Camry Tarbo

Brembo drum brakes lol
Amazon.com: BREMBO W01331743815BRE Brake Drum: Automotive

Not that this makes the car any less...interesting, but at least the guy isn't a liar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C View Post
^ ask him how much power it's putting down LOL
I would love to know what this is putting down. That intercooler looks like a toy.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:11 AM   #13749

Found the money shot.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #13750

^Those lights and rear end
Gabagoo is offline   Reply With Quote