REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 11-04-2006, 10:21 PM   #1
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

diamond parking collections agency?

have any of you also received this letter or is it just a threat that's not worth thinking about? i searched the database but i wasn't able to find anyone who got a second letter with collections...this is what it says:

COLLECTION NOTICE OF DEFAULT
OUR FILE NUMBER:xxxxxx

Neglecting payment is a serious matter. It is most urgent that this account be paid immediately. It's true, co-operation costs less than legal proceedings. We will hold this account five days, to give you an opportunity to remit in full, and so avoid possible expens or fault credit record. To be sure of proper credit...protect your record.....make all payments to this office.....to avoid errors.

Yours Very Truly,
WIGGINS ADJUSTMENTS LTD.

E.A. Bird
Collection Manager

can i avoid this by changing license plate? Thanks guys.
Advertisement
yameen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 07:55 AM   #2
Retired Traffic Cop

They appear to be a legitimate collection company for outstanding debts:

http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/app/ccc/se...ompleteProfile

You ignore it at the peril of your credit history.

Learn more at DriveSmartBC
skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 12:37 PM   #3
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,583 Times in 4,299 Posts
Re: diamond parking collections agency?

Quote:
Originally posted by Tekno-Gts
have any of you also received this letter or is it just a threat that's not worth thinking about? i searched the database but i wasn't able to find anyone who got a second letter with collections...this is what it says:

COLLECTION NOTICE OF DEFAULT
OUR FILE NUMBER:xxxxxx

Neglecting payment is a serious matter. It is most urgent that this account be paid immediately. It's true, co-operation costs less than legal proceedings. We will hold this account five days, to give you an opportunity to remit in full, and so avoid possible expens or fault credit record. To be sure of proper credit...protect your record.....make all payments to this office.....to avoid errors.

Yours Very Truly,
WIGGINS ADJUSTMENTS LTD.

E.A. Bird
Collection Manager

can i avoid this by changing license plate? Thanks guys.
If it's under $100 is won't go on your credit file. I wouldn't pay, nothing they can do. The letter is a scare tactic they use to sare you into paying it.

I just love how they put the legal proceedings lol, and so many people believe it
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 01:03 PM   #4

murd0c are you sure? i'm just afraid that my dad's credit history is at stake but he himself doesn't want to pay it either. I find this letter to be very unprofessional from all it's dots. How would they go about giving us a faulty record? The fine used to be $95 and with a 2% interest monthly, the balance became $100.65 when Wiggins collections sent that letter. Is this interest going to continue to build up and will i eventually have to pay in the end? Should i just pay and get it over with?
Old 11-05-2006, 01:56 PM   #5
HELP ME PLS!!!

they mailed you the letter... they know where you live. changing the plate will do nothing.

excecpt possibly prevent you getting towed next time you are in one of there lots.

Last edited by johny; 11-05-2006 at 01:56 PM.
johny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 02:33 PM   #6

should i pay the $100.65? i read threads saying that they can't give me a faulty credit over a parking ticket but mine is over $100 from the interest buildup 3 months ago. can they?
Old 11-05-2006, 04:50 PM   #7
RS Peace Officer

I can not give you legal advise or if they can actually do anything to affect your credit but.......

I find it very disheartening and disapointing that so many people feel it is their right to avoid responsibilty for their actions. I will assume you got a ticket for not paying or something similar. You did this knowingly and got caught... Had you taken responsibility at the time it was issued it would have cost something like $40 or $60 dollars. Again you choose not to take responsibility, or to dispute the matter. Now it has risen in cost and they are threatening your credit, maybe they can and will do this, I do not know.

but I do think that if you did something you knew may cause you to recieve a fine, then you should deal with it, take responsibility for your actions.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:33 PM   #8
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
The problem, however, is that Diamond parking is nigh-on vindictive about their parking tickets.

There is a lot they have which is next to the Lordco on Edmonds--Lordco has a sign out front which says 'DO NOT PARK NEXT DOOR IN THE DIAMOND LOT'. I was going there for a part. I parked at the lot next door, not knowing, and walked towards Lordco. I saw the sign, paused for a second, and then returned to my car. By the time I had walked from my car to the door and back, there was a violation ticket sitting on my windshield. 20' either way, and I had a ticket.

A friend of mine was ticketed at a Safeway (Commercial @ Broadway), because she didn't go in to safeway first ("Parking lot is for safeway customers only")--she hopped across the street to shoppers drug mart to get a perscription, then came back to Safeway to get her other items.

She ended up fighting the ticket by calling their number, and basically arguing for two hours on the phone. In the end, her parents said they'd pay it ("Only" $60), because it wasn't worth the hassle to get them to reverse the charges.

Pacer, believe me, I feel the same way as you do--there were once signs up at UBC on "how to avoid getting your car towed while not paying for parking!" which I regularly defaced with slogans such as "If you paid for parking, you'd save on license plates" and the like.

It's less about parking, and more about DIAMOND parking specifically.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 07:56 PM   #9

if i were to pay off the fine, or try to negotiate for original price, do i call wiggins or do i call diamond parking? if possible i wouldn't want to pay, but i guess i should since i put my dad's credit at risk. btw, it's past 5 days as the letter says they'll give me, is it still too late?
Old 11-06-2006, 07:21 AM   #10

so i've decided to pay, and if anyone could tell me who to call, that would be great. should i call diamond parking or should i call wiggins collection? I'm going to say that i never received any letters and that the collections letter was sent to the wrong house, where my neighbor returned it to me a few days after. i'm gonna try to ask for original price of the ticket. how should i be speaking? thanks..much appreciated.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:26 AM   #11
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

I got a ticket from Diamond before as well. I was going to the restaurant but walked past the door to the sidewalk around the corner and then realized I didn't need to get money from the bank. I turned right back around and walked into the restaurant. After finishing my meal, I came back out and there was a ticket. I walked around the corner for about 20 seconds. I emailed them a copy of my receipt and a copy of their ticket and they cancelled my ticket. The receipt actually stated what time my order was taken and what time I paid for the meal. The time the Diamond guy had on my ticket was right in the middle of that time so obviously, I couldn't have walked off the lot at the time. The lady at the restaurant told me that Diamond is notorious for that and she said whatever you do, go into the restaurant first and then come out to go to the bank. (place is cash only)
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:55 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally posted by Tekno-Gts
so i've decided to pay, and if anyone could tell me who to call, that would be great. should i call diamond parking or should i call wiggins collection? I'm going to say that i never received any letters and that the collections letter was sent to the wrong house, where my neighbor returned it to me a few days after. i'm gonna try to ask for original price of the ticket. how should i be speaking? thanks..much appreciated.

call the collections agency, simply tell them you want to pay the fine. they arent gonna lower it, what are you stupid?
shortyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 06:27 PM   #13

i read in other threads, that i can mail the amount that i was suppose to give to diamonds and simply ignore the collections agency because by law, i'm only entitled to pay what i was fined for originally? i'm not quite sure on that. anyone know?
thanks
Old 11-07-2006, 07:26 AM   #14

The back of the ticket states that if you don't pay by a certain date, then there will be interest on it accumulating.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:33 AM   #15
I am Hook'd on RS

Last edited by mezzo_italiano; 02-06-2023 at 10:19 AM.
mezzo_italiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:20 AM   #16
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,908 Times in 755 Posts
crap.. just got one myself.. it seems that someone probably just sits at their lots monitoring it.. looking for people who walk off the lots.. anyways..nailed for $50.. just going to pay them so i dont have to worry about it.
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 12:21 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally posted by Acura604
crap.. just got one myself.. it seems that someone probably just sits at their lots monitoring it.. looking for people who walk off the lots.. anyways..nailed for $50.. just going to pay them so i dont have to worry about it.
mine was $50 too. i'm still thinking whether i should pay or not. i'm gonna ask around some more. still don't think they can change my dad's credit but i'll decide within a week. i hope they don't give a faulty credit within this week cuz that would suck.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:48 AM   #18
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,908 Times in 755 Posts
the place is ridiculous... i call them to make credit card payment, NO ONE picks up.. NO voicemail options.. the phone system keeps looping "no one is available at the moment".. even when you press '0' to reach someone, it comes back with "mailbox is full and cannot accept any more messages"..

lame 2-bit parking company!
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 10:45 AM   #19
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally posted by Acura604
Your hunch is correct, somebody really just sits in their unmarked ordinary looking personal vehicle and watches the lots.

The person could be any natationality and prob 19+ age driving any kind of vehicle.

I've observed once in the mcdonald's parking lot in bridgeport/ sweden way where the homedepot, futureshop and staples is in richmond, a young asian male in early 20's sitting in his silver mitsubishi lancer sedan with personal belongings seen in the car parked there during the night market times and just watching from within his car sitting in the driver seat. Everytime someone happened to glanse over in his direction he'd look away an pretend to be doing something else while in the car. After when the people that parked in that lot walked any other direction away from the vehicle other than towards and into the mcdonald's then he'd sneak out of the car and place a ticket on their winshield.

Anyways that is just incident so I am not sure if all their lots are the same. Also that when I saw this it was during night market times in the evening.

Hope this helps out all that have either been ticketed by them (Diamond) in the past or haven't but frequently park in lots that are monitored by them.

Diamond Parking
Old 11-15-2006, 02:02 PM   #20

The one that gave me a ticket I think was sitting in a restaurant and I guess he wanted to finish his coffee, so by the time he gave me the ticket, the times didn't match up anymore since I was (and had proof) in the restaurant at the time he stated on the ticket. Also, I remember the guy coming out of the 24hr Vietnamese restaurant there too and the lady walked out of the restaurant with him and showed him her ticket on her car that's parked in front of the restaurant and then he took it back.
At TRU on Broadway, the guy sits in the car to make sure you don't try giving your ticket away (ie. you have to pay for 1 hour, but sometimes you're only in there for 15 minutes and you sell or give your ticket to someone else who just parked).
Old 11-15-2006, 10:11 PM   #21
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

When I see my uncle who's a lawyer next, I will finally try to remember to ask him about the legality of these threat tactics. I can understand towing someone that is on your property and charging them for the tow - it's private property. I can understand a province revoking your privilege to drive on its roads for violating the rules and not paying the fine (and removing the car off the roads if the person is caught there again, at their expense). But I don't get how any of these people can put ANYTHING on your credit record. I never entered any contract with the parking lot or the province, agreeing to pay this fine (definition of credit). What is the description of the debt that they give to the credit bureaus? "We demanded that he give us money and he didn't."? What is the difference between that and me giving the parking lot a fine for littering on my car, and reporting them to the credit bureau for not paying it (or something even more ridiculous, you name it)?

Last edited by TheJuggernaut; 11-15-2006 at 10:12 PM.
TheJuggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:59 PM   #22
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

My friend's father is a lawyer and tells me that IMPARK cannot make you, not sure about Diamond. He told me horrible things about Impark and their family has tickets in the triple digit range with no repercussions as of yet. If you put your drive wheels against the parking block, can they do anything?
mr00jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 01:25 PM   #23
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mr00jimbo
My friend's father is a lawyer and tells me that IMPARK cannot make you, not sure about Diamond. He told me horrible things about Impark and their family has tickets in the triple digit range with no repercussions as of yet. If you put your drive wheels against the parking block, can they do anything?
its really not that hard for them to just jack up the car and roll it out of its spot, then tow it.
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:57 PM   #24
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally posted by mr00jimbo
If you put your drive wheels against the parking block, can they do anything?
It's a myth that I once fell for as well. It's bad to tow a car by the non-drive wheels if it's in gear but what do they care? You're on their property illegally, so they'll drag it out however they can, all at your expense - rip out the bumper on your lowered car, fry the center diff on your Subaru etc. It's YOUR problem.

They'll just drag your car out, skidding the tires, until it's out far enough that they can jack the drive wheels and be on their way.
TheJuggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 03:57 PM   #25
I am Hook'd on RS

I got a parking ticket from Diamond before for dropping someone off in their parking lot.

Bastards.....
UBooboo is offline   Reply With Quote