REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   stupid ticket (https://www.revscene.net/forums/435490-stupid-ticket.html)

RC 11-21-2006 11:48 PM

stupid ticket

On date of Nov 21 around the time is 23:20. I was going down and heading east on Grange St about the merge on to Kingsway; There was a stop sign on Grange St just before merging on to kings way. Before I rolled to a stop I notice there is a RCMP police car parked on Inman Ave about an interaction away from me. As I process to the intersection checked my rear and side mirror as I come to a stop. The traffic was light at the time of the day, and the road was dammed pretty well due the heavy storm for the past few days and the rain for that day. I roll out slowly and pull onto Kingsway and as I pass Jersey Ave, I notices a the RCMP unit that parked on Inman Ave has pull out from the side street and start flashing his light as he process to pull me over. After the officer pull me over about 50 meter from Smith Ave and about 200-250 meter from Boundary Rd; I explains to him I had come to a stop before I process with the merge, and I had notices his RCMP vehicle as he parked on the side of the road before along with the traffic that is behind as I merge out on the Kingsway. But in the end I still got the ticket for something I surely known I have not done.

RC 11-21-2006 11:49 PM

o yea ! the ticket is for not stopping at a stop sign

gayness

amplified 11-21-2006 11:58 PM

so is there a question or are u just informing us of your story?

RC 11-22-2006 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by amplified
so is there a question or are u just informing us of your story?
more like a statment

just want to see if anyone else got somthing like that or any input or feeback would be nice

amplified 11-22-2006 12:14 AM

well the only way i can see you could fight it is if you can prove there was something obstructing the officers view. ie the officer could only see the stop line and beyond. but in reality you stopped before the stop line like you are supposed to and proceeded on so to the officer it may have seemed you rolled the stop sign when you really didnt.

but my guess is that you rolled passed the stop line and if you did come to a complete stop it was after the stop line.

RC 11-22-2006 12:23 AM

Quote:

well the only way i can see you could fight it is if you can prove there was something obstructing the officers view. ie the officer could only see the stop line and beyond. but in reality you stopped before the stop line like you are supposed to and proceeded on so to the officer it may have seemed you rolled the stop sign when you really didnt.

but my guess is that you rolled passed the stop line and if you did come to a complete stop it was after the stop line.

i am sure i stopped before the stop sign. with the amount of stand water on the road, the light rain, and the head light refactions, that makes me highly don't think the officer can see clearly where the stop line is from the distance he is at.

but he still pull me over even tho i stop and roll out at a slow speed as i let traffic go by

amplified 11-22-2006 12:30 AM

you can stop before the stop sign but did u stop before the stop line? the stop line comes before the stop sign. because at many intersections if you stop before the stop line you cannot see the intersection that is to the left or right from you, unless its an angled intersection that you're at.

RC 11-22-2006 12:39 AM

Quote:

you can stop before the stop sign but did u stop before the stop line? the stop line comes before the stop sign. because at many intersections if you stop before the stop line you cannot see the intersection that is to the left or right from you, unless its an angled intersection that you're at.
it is an angled intection ;) hints i said "merge" on the kingsway not "turn" on the kingsway

all u can do is go stright on that stop sign, not left turn or right turn.

Spaceship_coupe 11-22-2006 09:07 AM

Was it a Dodge Caravan that pulled you over?

Ride 11-22-2006 09:54 AM

Cops love that part of Grange and Kingsway, it's a easy target for them to get motorists who don't do a complete stop. There they're on that side street all the time day and night some times you could see upto 3 RCMP cars.

Thats why u gotta look on to that side street first before coming upto the stop sign, I know you did but probably the officer didn't see you stop.

b4000 11-22-2006 12:00 PM

Yeah man. Cops camp out at that place there. I see them there everyweek hiding waiting for people to bust a merge without stopping.

If it's your word against the cop, the only chance you have is to show up in court and hope that the doesn't show up either.

complex139 11-22-2006 12:18 PM

Before I rolled to a stop

!SG 11-22-2006 01:39 PM

hmm, ive been dinged for a ticket before as well around that area, but more onto boundary.

i was heading to my parents house after a late meeting, but was gonna drop off friend first. was making a left from vaness onto down boundary. saw the officer and his car at the intersection too. he was stopped at the light, heading down boundary road. light was green for me and so no cars on the road, made the left turn, signal on, headlights on, stayed in the left lane thru the turn, and kept it well under the limit. a minute later, i see the lights behind me, and so got pulled over for speeding. i simply told the officer, im not stupid, im educated, and smart enough that seeing an officer at an intersection that would be heading in the same direction i was, i would not pull anything stupid like speeding.

im more or less curious if it was the same officer =/

in the numerous years that i have been driving and have delt with law enforcement, i can say honestly, 9 out 10 incidences have been positive experiences, however its always that 1 out of 10 that leaves that stinging feeling.

if you truly believe you did not do anything that failed to comply with the law, then dispute it, however, if u did do something wrong, dont waste tax payers money and the officers time. i rather have him do his job than to take time away from it to deal with hassels

Acura604 11-22-2006 01:45 PM

how much is the ticket??

RiceIntegraRS 11-22-2006 03:00 PM

i remember when that intersection was just a merge, till no one knew how to merge properly and then the city put a stupid stop sign there

RC 11-22-2006 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by !SG

in the numerous years that i have been driving and have delt with law enforcement, i can say honestly, 9 out 10 incidences have been positive experiences, however its always that 1 out of 10 that leaves that stinging feeling.

if you truly believe you did not do anything that failed to comply with the law, then dispute it, however, if u did do something wrong, dont waste tax payers money and the officers time. i rather have him do his job than to take time away from it to deal with hassels

i know what u mean and i know for sure that i did nothing wrong in this case

Quote:

Originally posted by Acura604
how much is the ticket??
it is not that big of a ticket, but still i have not done anything wrong. if i pay for it that mean i adimted that i am guity and have wrong doing, which i don't

MrBurns 11-22-2006 05:14 PM

Go back to the spot where the cop was parked and take some photo of some cars at that stop sign. Make sure it is under the same weather conditions and same time of day. Take the photo from inside your vehicle. Determine if the cop can see the stop line or not from those photos. If not, take the pics to traffic court and challenge the ticket.

I've done that before for an alleged infraction but i won the case because the photos were not conculsive.

InvisibleSoul 11-22-2006 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by !SG
Yeah, but the only problem is it's going to be your word against his, and his word will prevail unless you can somehow convince the judge beyond a doubt that what you're saying is fact and what the cop is saying is false.

jlenko 11-24-2006 09:05 AM

Did you come to a complete and full stop? Like, for two seconds?

That ticket says you didn't. I'm willing to bet you rolled thru it like everyone else, and you deserve the ticket.

/end rant.

RC 11-24-2006 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jlenko
Did you come to a complete and full stop? Like, for two seconds?

That ticket says you didn't. I'm willing to bet you rolled thru it like everyone else, and you deserve the ticket.

/end rant.

well i pretty much stop and let the traffic go by before i even start moving out... is not like i can just go right in and cut everyone off.

dude maybe u should re-read what i type rather than read what u want to see

and u said u are "willing to bet"
bet on what?? with what?

Quote:

Originally posted by MrBurns
Go back to the spot where the cop was parked and take some photo of some cars at that stop sign. Make sure it is under the same weather conditions and same time of day. Take the photo from inside your vehicle. Determine if the cop can see the stop line or not from those photos. If not, take the pics to traffic court and challenge the ticket.

I've done that before for an alleged infraction but i won the case because the photos were not conculsive.

yup i went to took some pix alrady at day time and night time, even when it is not raining is hard to see where the line is with the standing water on the rain, let alone in the rain at dark.

Quote:

Originally posted by InvisibleSoul
Yeah, but the only problem is it's going to be your word against his, and his word will prevail unless you can somehow convince the judge beyond a doubt that what you're saying is fact and what the cop is saying is false.
sigh pretty much u are guitly till u can prove way beyond doubt that u didn't do it. sigh! is this how our court system is ? guity till proven innocent? sigh

TypeRNammer 11-24-2006 01:01 PM

Just a heads up the infamous white volvo is watching for people on Inman.

Sicnessk4 11-24-2006 02:47 PM

I got a running a red light... Stoped in the instection as the light went yellow waiting for traffic to pass.

Pretty gay, waitin for court date.

BoostedBB6 11-24-2006 05:00 PM

His word against yours. If he shows to a cort date and says you rolled through the sign you will pay something.

RC 11-25-2006 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by FDTT
His word against yours. If he shows to a cort date and says you rolled through the sign you will pay something.
:(

anyway i will keep u guys updated

thx for all the tips :)

stuff99 03-03-2011 12:20 PM

I got suckered at this stop last night! Midnight no traffic, rolled to a stop, actually stopped (passed the white line) got a ticket BOOM.

This stop sign is only posted to fund the City of Burnaby. Fun times.