REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 04-26-2010, 01:57 PM   #26
Banned (ABWS)

ever heard of spoiler alerts? damn no more posting pivotal scenes
Advertisement
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:38 PM   #27
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Did you guys download that Documentary about the real Avon Barksdale? (the guy who played him interviews him)

the show even had real gangsters in it, snoop was like just released from prison when she got on the show
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #28
I came, I saw, I conquered.

I fell asleep watching the first episode. When does it start getting good?
Old 04-26-2010, 07:39 PM   #29
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Larry "Donnie" Andrews, the guy who Omar went with to Monk's apartment is who Omar is based off of IRL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slifer View Post
The Wire isn't a show that you can appreciate while chatting on MSN, listening to music, and talking to your buddy. It requires a lot of focus. A lot of people watch the seasons over and over just to grasp details they missed the first time around (I did this).

If you're into spoon-fed dramas that basically tell you everything that's going on (EG: CSI), The Wire isn't for you.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:44 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slifer View Post
2nd-3rd season for most ppl who find it boring

but u need to give it a couple episodes (at least for me) and after that it has you glued to your seat wanting to watch every episode asap

i think it took us a week to watch the entire show lol
Old 06-16-2014, 11:24 PM   #31
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

Sorry to necro old thread but I just finished beasting through this show. Some parts are hella dark, fuck, but damn this was a good series. I can see how some hail it as best drama of all time.

This scene just might be my favorite TV scene of all time, Snoop is hella OG in every scene she's in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local View Post
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2014, 01:05 AM   #32
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by $_$ View Post
Sorry to necro old thread but I just finished beasting through this show. Some parts are hella dark, fuck, but damn this was a good series. I can see how some hail it as best drama of all time.

This scene just might be my favorite TV scene of all time, Snoop is hella OG in every scene she's in.
I watched this series a couple years back, and to date, it is still one of my favourite shows... quite possibly the favourite.

I've read somewhere that there are universities that teach classes based on The Wire. Which makes sense, considering its socio-political storyline. (Brilliant screenplay. Absolutely Brilliant!) I loved all the dark and raw nuances of the show. (Anyone notice that D'Angelo and Cutty are now on the Walking Dead?! Or Mayor Carcetti in GOT
Spoiler!

To those above ( in the way earlier posts) who've said that The Wire is slow, I agree, but as mentioned, The Wire is like fine wine. You have to give it time, it'll be worth it.

Just for kicks, an amazing (but dated) Lego movie of all the seasons of The Wire.

"Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeett tt"
sloansabbith is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2014, 02:11 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by $_$ View Post

she's an actual local gangster/thug they casted (there are a few on the show i hear)
Old 06-17-2014, 05:54 AM   #34
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloansabbith View Post
I watched this series a couple years back, and to date, it is still one of my favourite shows... quite possibly the favourite.

I've read somewhere that there are universities that teach classes based on The Wire. Which makes sense, considering its socio-political storyline. (Brilliant screenplay. Absolutely Brilliant!) I loved all the dark and raw nuances of the show. (Anyone notice that D'Angelo and Cutty are now on the Walking Dead?! Or Mayor Carcetti in GOT
Spoiler!

To those above ( in the way earlier posts) who've said that The Wire is slow, I agree, but as mentioned, The Wire is like fine wine. You have to give it time, it'll be worth it.

Just for kicks, an amazing (but dated) Lego movie of all the seasons of The Wire.

The Wire Lego Style! - YouTube

"Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeett tt"
holy shit totally forgot that Carcetti was Little finger lol MINDBLOWN
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2014, 11:45 AM   #35
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
holy shit totally forgot that Carcetti was Little finger lol MINDBLOWN
I know! When I watched season one of GOT when it first came out and saw Carcetti with his whores and his accent...and his moustache! I couldn't believe it haha. Versatility, amirite?!
sloansabbith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 01:41 PM   #36
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
The new HD remastered editions are out!!!
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-28-2014, 10:28 AM   #37
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Yep been watching it since yesterday.

I've watched the short clips on youtube so many times I can probably replay most episodes in my mind.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:39 PM   #38
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
comparsions here
article says it's not stretched or cropped but I don't see additional objects in the frame...and the comparsion sliders make the 16:9 look worse
http://www.theverge.com/2014/12/28/7...ot-comparisons
i'll rewatch it when Blu-ray drops next summer...I lost interest after season 1 and first few episodes of season 2 but I probably need subtitles to catch all the dialogue

Last edited by twitchyzero; 12-28-2014 at 05:45 PM.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote