REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 01-15-2007, 08:57 PM   #1
I don't get it

NEXUS border pass

I am planning to apply for one and would like some comments from current Nexus holders on the application process. How long does it take to get? Are they very stringent? What type of questions do they ask in the interview?
Advertisement
forgamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:55 PM   #2
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

I thought they were getting rid of the Nexus lane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:01 PM   #3
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally posted by RFlush
I thought they were getting rid of the Nexus lane.
Really? Where did you hear that?
forgamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:10 AM   #4
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally posted by forgamez
I am planning to apply for one and would like some comments from current Nexus holders on the application process. How long does it take to get? Are they very stringent? What type of questions do they ask in the interview?

$80 for the membership..and just a side note: Even if you have a Nexus pass and are travelling with another passenger whom doesn't have a Nexus Pass, you must use the reguar line up.
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:41 AM   #5
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

^
yes, i read that before. do you know what happens if you use the nexus lane w/ a non-nexus passenger?
Old 01-24-2007, 11:42 AM   #6
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

^
you gotta make him get out and have him walk across...lol

i'm serious, i've seen people get out of the car and just walk up to the border.
aznrsx1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:23 AM   #7
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
Yep, co-worker went to the states with a Nexus pass holder. She got out of the car and had to walk across, while her friend drove through using the Nexus lane.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:07 PM   #8
I don't get it

Did a search and bumping this.. 2 year old thread

My dad wants to apply for Nexus (I dont know why cause he rarely goes to the states)
Can someone who recently got a nexus pass explain the process? I heard theres also an interview or something? Thing is my dad can barely even speak English, which I think will cause problems..
NimbeeTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:33 PM   #9
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Yes, there is an interview. They will ask you questions such as why you want the Nexus pass and for what purposes whether it is for business or pleasure. How often do you go down to the US etc.

Not being able to speak English should be a huge deterrent in itself especially if he can't complete the application without the help from somebody.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:48 PM   #10
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
I heard that they profile you as well, so younger guys like us with modified cars will have a tougher time getting it if not near impossible?

I just plan on getting one because obviously it's more convenient, but because i frequent blaine for picking up packages that I ship there. However, I feel that this reason won't be enough for them to warrant me with a nexus pass ...
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:51 PM   #11
RS Veteran

^
My MR2 attracts a lot of attention and never had any issues.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 11-25-2009, 06:33 PM   #12
RS Lurker, I don't post!

you guys got interviewed? i got one a couple years ago and didnt get interviewed. they just asked why i wanted it and wrote it down and then i filled out some forms and that was pretty much it. mine was issued in 08 though.
jordanbremner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:35 PM   #13
RS Veteran

I got mine when the Nexus program was still in its infancy so.....I'm sure things have changed.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:57 PM   #14

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
there so strict with nexus, you're not allowed other passengers if they don't have a nexus pass. if you're traveling by yourself and they see woman's clothing for example in the car, you can get in shit for that. if you're ever crossing the border normally and you accidentally show your nexus pass, you get in shit for that too haha
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:00 PM   #15
RS Veteran

If you show your Nexus pass through the normal lanes with a non-Nexus passenger, it's okay but they give you 3rd degree for the passenger not having Nexus and babble about wasting everybody's time.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:36 PM   #16
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
If you show your Nexus pass through the normal lanes with a non-Nexus passenger, it's okay but they give you 3rd degree for the passenger not having Nexus and babble about wasting everybody's time.
But they specifically tell you that if you are traveling with individuals who do not have a Nexus pass you have to go through normal lanes.

What they really bitch at you about is if you drop them off and have them walk through while you go through the nexus lane.
misteranswer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:00 PM   #17
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteranswer View Post
But they specifically tell you that if you are traveling with individuals who do not have a Nexus pass you have to go through normal lanes.
I think you mis-read my post.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:35 PM   #18
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
there so strict with nexus, you're not allowed other passengers if they don't have a nexus pass. if you're traveling by yourself and they see woman's clothing for example in the car, you can get in shit for that. if you're ever crossing the border normally and you accidentally show your nexus pass, you get in shit for that too haha
Well, it does make sense. The whole point of the NEXUS program is to pre-screen and grant low risk travellers faster access across the border. Just because YOU are low risk, it doesn't mean the other person(s) in the car are. That's why if you use the NEXUS lane, everyone has to have the NEXUS pass or you can't use it period.

I can't imagine think they'd hassle you too much for using the NEXUS pass in a regular lane. It's still a valid form of identification, isn't it? I've never done it before. I usually carry my passport along with my NEXUS card just in case.

There is an interview process but to be honest, it's not anything to stress out about. Granted, I did mine a few years back when NEXUS land and air were separate. They basically ask you if you've ever been denied entry into the US, and why you want the NEXUS pass. As long as they haven't denied you before, it shouldn't be a big deal.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:40 PM   #19
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
No they don't....how does it waste people time if some of your friends dont have Nexus and you do>?
Ducdesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:06 AM   #20
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsallaboutgz View Post
No they don't....how does it waste people time if some of your friends dont have Nexus and you do>?
You people don't get it do you? If everybody in the car had a Nexus pass, it would significantly cut down travel time for everybody - zip through the Nexus lane. Not all officers will give you the 3rd degere but I've been given 3rd degree at least 12 times over the past year. Not to mention, this isn't an isolated case. I know of at least 4 people who have been given the 3rd degree.

Anyway, let's drop the topic about it. It isn't going anywhere.

Old 11-26-2009, 11:44 PM   #21
My homepage has been set to RS

if u get caught with undeclared item using nexus, they take away ur card on the spot. and also penalize u more... (thats when u get the 3rd degree) that said
nexus lanes are getting longer...
i have made a point on crossing the border in afternoon (working day) and back...

Last edited by tool001; 11-27-2009 at 07:29 PM.
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:01 AM   #22
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Quote:
I think you mis-read my post.
No I didn't. Any customs officer who bitches about that is a fucken moron. But I bet they were just joking with you and you thought they were serious.

Contrary to popular belief, custom officers do have a sense of humor.
misteranswer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:55 AM   #23
RS Veteran

Okay

Old 11-27-2009, 08:30 AM   #24

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
If you are a Nexus pass holder, and you show up in the Nexus lane with a non-Nexus passenger, then I can see them giving you hell.

But for them to give you the 3rd degree if you're in a normal lane? That, I don't understand. Not everybody is eligible for a Nexus pass...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:18 PM   #25
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,454 Times in 987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by misteranswer View Post
No I didn't. Any customs officer who bitches about that is a fucken moron. But I bet they were just joking with you and you thought they were serious.

Contrary to popular belief, custom officers do have a sense of humor.
ummmmmm no they dont! i cross through customs all the time for work related business and they do not have a sense of humor at all! so dont try joking with them 90% of them will not like it.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote