REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Where is the Best places to drink SOJU (https://www.revscene.net/forums/464931-where-best-places-drink-soju.html)

yummy27 04-12-2007 08:22 PM

Where is the Best places to drink SOJU

Where's the Best places to drink SOJU with friends?

*in vancouver.

death_blossom 04-12-2007 09:17 PM

I like the asterisk, cuz any Korean will tell you Korea is the best place to drink soju. my korean friends take me to Raku Raku in Burnaby, or e-hwa on Robson.

caramel604 04-12-2007 11:23 PM

i love e-hwa... good place to drink due to the atmosphere and it closes late and the food alright..^_^! and fun memories..:angel2:

boss_clad 04-13-2007 07:21 AM

is it just me, or does soju taste like paul mitchell hair spray?

insomniacRA 04-14-2007 02:30 PM

e-hwa is good!!!
make them yourself, soju+yogurt+sprite, good stuff

le_dakine 05-01-2007 10:33 AM

what's a good korean dish to order to go with soju?

SlayerS_`BoxeR` 05-01-2007 11:50 AM

Kimchi =)

achiam 05-01-2007 04:55 PM

Soju goes best with Pho Bien or Dac Biet Cuong Cho Gio.

brokentelephone 05-02-2007 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by achiam
Soju goes best with Pho Bien or Dac Biet Cuong Cho Gio.
SOJU IS KOREAN NOT NAM YOU IGNORAMUS! I GHOPE U CHOKE!

bcrdukes 05-02-2007 09:45 AM

Who kicked you in the nuts? :lol

achiam 05-03-2007 03:43 PM

BROKENTELEPHONE, YOU GONNA BE BROKENFACE WHEN IM DONE WITH YOU. Toi se lam ban an nhung 1000 bat Cua Dac biet Set. ban khong tham chi xung dang vi giac cua thien duong set. Ban se duoc goi la Set Nguoi dan ong!!!!!

Supafly 05-03-2007 03:46 PM

Quote:

BROKENTELEPHONE, YOU GONNA BE BROKENFACE WHEN IM DONE WITH YOU. Toi sẽ làm bạn ăn những 1000 bát Của Dac biệt Set. bạn không thậm chí xứng dáng vị giác của thiên đường set. Bạn sẽ dược gọi là Set Người đàn ông!!!!
ahahahhahahaha :rofl:

brokentelephone 05-04-2007 02:23 AM

Quote:

BROKENTELEPHONE, YOU GONNA BE BROKENFACE WHEN IM DONE WITH YOU. Toi se lam ban an nhung 1000 bat Cua Dac biet Set. ban khong tham chi xung dang vi giac cua thien duong set. Ban se duoc goi la Set Nguoi dan ong!!!!!
Cai deo gi day?? Gay May an long dai cham mui!

tripleA 05-06-2007 06:35 PM

:speakeng:

TigerSY 05-06-2007 09:55 PM

Quote:

Best post I've read all week.

Anyway, I agree soju tastes like rubbing alcohol diluted with water (Not that I've tried or anything :o ) But its effective to get you buzzed and the taste becomes enhanced when you eat it with fried meat. ie: ribs.

RFlush 05-07-2007 10:23 PM

Ohh Soju is so good! And it's so cheap here in Korea. I never really knew about Soju when I was in van, how much is it for a bottle? Here it is like $1usd at the market, $2 at the bar and $4 at the clubs. So cheap! Best to eat with it is like spicey food.

Vansterdam 05-08-2007 12:09 AM

i love drinking soju with spicy stuff ^^

SpuGen 05-08-2007 02:29 AM

Aloe Soju at E-hwa is the best. It goes down like water and before you know it, you'll be on your own 2nd pitcher. It doesn't beat that small Soju wine thinger though.. that'll somehow fuck you up.

I miss Mi-ok.. best waitress ever! Too bad my friend decided to get it on with her and not call back. I miss going there haha

ekim 05-08-2007 08:07 AM

The best soju cocktails that I've had here would be at Raku Raku, they have pretty good food too at decent prices. E-hwa has a big selection of cocktail sojus and even has a list of dishes that are good for drinking with. I've also heard good things about Gochu Sarang in coquitlam, So Moon Nan Jip in Surrey and Ap Gu Jung on Robson.

A natural pairing for soju is considered to be sam gyup sal (pork belly). But anything spicy or meaty is good.

moxies 06-05-2007 03:21 PM

You gotta go downtown for soju drinks man, that's where it is.

ap gu jung (My friends father owns it)
jang mo jib ( MY FAVORITE PLACE)
e-hwa (btw.. for some reason the korean girls are so easy there... but whatever)

death_blossom 06-07-2007 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SpuGen
I miss Mi-ok.. best waitress ever! Too bad my friend decided to get it on with her and not call back. I miss going there haha
oh damn, your friend slammed Mi-Ok?!

from what i gather, she seems hesitant to date anyone in town? or maybe she's damn picky like most korean gals are. how did your friend do it?

SpuGen 12-12-2007 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by death_blossom
oh damn, your friend slammed Mi-Ok?!

from what i gather, she seems hesitant to date anyone in town? or maybe she's damn picky like most korean gals are. how did your friend do it?

He's a Big Black guy.. With da Big Musculs.

Haha.

New hottie at E-Hwa anmed Jen.. he got her number recently..

Expresso 12-16-2007 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SpuGen
He's a Big Black guy.. With da Big Musculs.

Haha.

New hottie at E-Hwa anmed Jen.. he got her number recently..

isnt she the one that doesnt understand a word of english lol

kitsune 12-16-2007 09:46 PM

I prefer E-hwa Ju Mak in Robson the best.
The best food to go with it is the BoSsam (Sorry I don't know any english names for it, it's like cooked pork with spicy kimchi like veggies wrapped with cabbage), Yangyum chicken (the fried chicken with spicy sauce), or the gamja tang (potato and beef stew/soup)
But keep in mind that this is all imo. :D
Raku raku is okay, it's in Burnaby just a little past metrotown.
I didn't go there much so I don't remember. Soju was okay though.

Be aware of Soju; it doesn't give you a hit right away, but after a while it gets you slammed.
People I know have drank and drank claiming that they can hold their liquor and that soju isn't that strong, and then getting shitfaced. ^^;;

SpuGen 01-10-2008 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by HachiSix
isnt she the one that doesnt understand a word of english lol
I dunno... the skinny hot one. haha

They changed E-hwa's menu recently. I still don't see Bulgogi. I guess I could just order it and they should have it, but if I wanna actually eat I'll go to Raku Raku. Drinking and getting numbers..E-Hwa.