REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-06-2007, 07:07 PM   #26
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally posted by godwin
There is also Viewsat HD, which can also receive HD OTA

i think you mean sonicview.. again for that one the codes are not available.. Viewsat is still not released.
Advertisement
If above facts and complaints are wrong the poster is not responsible for his own actions thoughts or ideas. He is also not responsible for any spelling grammar and other typographical errors. All disclaimer statements apply to the disclaimer as well. However if for parts of the post where there are no errors this disclaimer is invalid and should be considered null and void for only those parts.

link to REV feedback

PHONE HISTORY

Current: 8600 luna

Past: shine tu720, k790a, iphone, brown u600, white 707sc, blue u600, shine ke970, d900i, white a1200, 8800, 8525, blue 707sc, Black PEBL, x820, Black Sirocco 8800d, 8125, D807, Black 6131, Blue Z610i, White M600i, 8801, 6101, Chrome PEBL, 6270, N93, N80, N73, i300, N72, Blue V3X, Green PEBL w/ Green H500, V3i RAZR, L6 SLVR, 804ss Orange, D600, L7 SLVR, 902sh, Orange PEBL, Black PEBL, V3 RAZR, k750i, p207, 6670, s710a, a668, 6230, T637 w/HS-820, V600 w/HS-820, E715, GX-32,V690, 855, T616, V60ig, C333, S40, 8260, 252...

Last edited by AMG_ETR; 05-06-2007 at 07:08 PM.
AMG_ETR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:36 PM   #27
Need to Seek Professional Help

http://members.shaw.ca/hdtvantenna/

old bump but.. YES this really works.
i just got it setup on my pc with hauppauge 1800 tuner card. i found the default software doesnt work with my antenna but found a free program watchhdtv (http://watchhdtv.net) that does.

I get 3 hd channels free (shaw 3,9,11).

theres nothing like watching football in HD
vapour_lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:37 PM   #28
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
it works

if u live on burnaby mountain u can get nbc fox abc cbs pbs hd, when you use a real antenna

the one on that site will work better than the tiny rs ones
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:59 PM   #29
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
So that's why CBC comes in so clear. I have been without cable for........ I guess 17 years. I've always used the ol' rabbit ears to get signal. I noticed CBC comes in great these days. I have HDTV wide screen TV, just no cable.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:21 AM   #30
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Does this still work?
JunFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:34 AM   #31
HELP ME PLS!!!

of course, it'll work untill HD is dead, at which point it'll be something better. over the air TV has been around since TV was made, and won't be going anywhere.

once they finaly drop analog TV transmission more HD channels will hopefully come out.

Last edited by johny; 04-18-2009 at 10:42 AM.
johny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:43 AM   #32
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
it works

if u live on burnaby mountain u can get nbc fox abc cbs pbs hd, when you use a real antenna

the one on that site will work better than the tiny rs ones
:O
i wonder if i can recieve these at East-Van..too bad we're not that high off sea-lvl
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:49 AM   #33
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
So that's why CBC comes in so clear. I have been without cable for........ I guess 17 years. I've always used the ol' rabbit ears to get signal. I noticed CBC comes in great these days. I have HDTV wide screen TV, just no cable.
So you're the one? I heard the rumor for a while that there was someone in lower mainland without cable and come to find out he's a regular on RS, what are the odds?

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:52 AM   #34
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I've actually been using this as my only TV source since I cancelled my Bell sub and my FTA went down after...lol.

I get Global(HD), CBC(HD), CTV(HD), A, Omni which is pretty much 80% of what I watch anyways. Missing Sportsnet and TSN but I just stream those Canucks games off the net now. Only thing that sucks is day time TV when only fucking Oprah, Dr Phil, and Maury are on at the same time.
ienhz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:58 AM   #35
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
So you're the one? I heard the rumor for a while that there was someone in lower mainland without cable and come to find out he's a regular on RS, what are the odds?

cable is a waste of money. I won't have a phone line in my next place either. I bet there is lots of people without cable in the LMD.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:31 AM   #36
Banned By Establishment

I get a buncha OTA stations with my 25 footer. I think like 5-6? And that's on top of westwood plateau in coquitlam.

That being said, cable is just easy for me... just turn on, and it's there. I also have FTA setup, but it gets annoying after a while with updates and so forth
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:42 AM   #37
HELP ME PLS!!!

FTA is dead in a couple weeks anyways.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:22 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by johny View Post
cable is a waste of money. I won't have a phone line in my next place either. I bet there is lots of people without cable in the LMD.
It's only a waste of money if you don't watch it, I happen to enjoy watching TV in the evening. I do realize lots of people don't have cable I was obviously kidding hence the smiley face.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 04-18-2009, 12:22 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by johny View Post
FTA is dead in a couple weeks anyways.
Very possible but they've been saying this for years. It won't be dead either, at worst it might experience a hiccup but they'll find away to get it going again they always do.

Old 04-18-2009, 12:42 PM   #40
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,384 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Very possible but they've been saying this for years. It won't be dead either, at worst it might experience a hiccup but they'll find away to get it going again they always do.
Nope it's dead for most people because Nagra 3 encryption has not been cracked yet and it's been out for a few years in Europe. Look at Direct TV it's been down for years. The only thing that works now is Nfusion and it works because the company has a subscription to Bell and Dish and they provide to they customers. There boxes also have to be connect to the internet so it can be updated.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:59 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Nope it's dead for most people because Nagra 3 encryption has not been cracked yet and it's been out for a few years in Europe. Look at Direct TV it's been down for years. The only thing that works now is Nfusion and it works because the company has a subscription to Bell and Dish and they provide to they customers. There boxes also have to be connect to the internet so it can be updated.
You really believe they won't find a work around Nagra 3? I'd bet my house they do within a year. They said the same thing with Nag 2 game out, oh noes it's the end of FTA. Lots of money at stake they'll find a work around.

Old 04-18-2009, 03:14 PM   #42
HELP ME PLS!!!

nag 3 has already been out for almost a year now in N/A. bell switched months ago.

DTV has been down for years with no cracks. and DTV is way better then dish / bell so you can bet people were trying.

the past cracks have been done by employee leakage. They have learned their lesson, I bet there is only 2 people that know how DTV and nag 3 work... which means it'll never get out.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:18 PM   #43
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

From what the people are saying on the FTA forums, they are waiting for the DN to fully switch to N3 before they start any work on new files for N3. That being said, it could be down for awhile to forever. No one knows forsure except the coders working on the files to see if it's possible. Only time will tell.
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 03:25 PM   #44
HELP ME PLS!!!

alex.w *// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 04:21 PM   #45
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,532 Times in 534 Posts
I can only get CBC HD (coming in at around 20%) but i'm out in Port Moody on the hillside blocked by buildings. I've made every homemade antenna out there and none of them worked except for a $3 rabbit ear antenna from the dollar store, which only works for some odd reason in one spot in the entre house.
rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 05:03 PM   #46
Banned (ABWS)

made this from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWQhlmJTMzw

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/259...0904181754.png
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/639...0904181722.png
bah they resize the image
pantieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 05:26 PM   #47
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I can vouch this works in Richmond, around 5 and Steveston. I get cbc, ctv and global
02em2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 05:40 PM   #48
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,384 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
You really believe they won't find a work around Nagra 3? I'd bet my house they do within a year. They said the same thing with Nag 2 game out, oh noes it's the end of FTA. Lots of money at stake they'll find a work around.
You want to bet a house? They still haven't cracked it in Europe and it's been out for over 2 years. Look at Direct TV it's been gone for years.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:42 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
You want to bet a house? They still haven't cracked it in Europe and it's been out for over 2 years. Look at Direct TV it's been gone for years.
The difference with direct TV is with Bell & Dishnet being wide open for long there was no need to crack direct TV again, why waste the resources. Bell is down and soon DN will be down, once theres nothing full efforts will be given to make FTA available again. I'd seriously be shocked if there isn't a fix within months after DN finally does the full switch to Nag 3.

Really it doesn't matter to me my FTA dish has paid for itself a bunch of times over and anything I can get from it is a bonus. I just watched another UFC on it tonight. I don't even remember the last time it was down, I'll enjoy it well I can. Once it goes down I'll either wait for a fix, it might be as simple as a download or maybe I'll need a new reciever either way I'll get it.

Last edited by quasi; 04-18-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:36 PM   #50
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

all I got to say is I love my fta setup and it has already paid for by itself...nfusion is the best...