REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   paintballing (https://www.revscene.net/forums/486664-paintballing.html)

K-bad 09-20-2012 08:52 PM

I've got a noob question. I havent gone paintballing in almost 2 years with my gun... Its a tipman 98 with an aftermarket feeder, stock, handrail and longer barrell.

I havent done anything to maintain the gun at all in the past 2 years, it's just been sitting in my closet. One of my friend told me to just put some oil into the main chamber and cock it a couple times. I'm just wondering what else I need to do?

I'm wanting to go paintballing again in 2 weeks and i really do not want to spend too much right now.

Thanks, Ken

toyobaru 09-20-2012 08:59 PM

Tippmann 98s, A5, X7's basically anything made by them are more durable than most guns. All you should need to do is open er up make sure the cocking pin is lubed lightly and make sure all internals with o-rings are greased/oiled. Just normal cleaning proceedures: clean barrel, clean feeder/clamp neck area.

JKam 09-21-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-bad (Post 8035288)
I've got a noob question. I havent gone paintballing in almost 2 years with my gun... Its a tipman 98 with an aftermarket feeder, stock, handrail and longer barrell.

I havent done anything to maintain the gun at all in the past 2 years, it's just been sitting in my closet. One of my friend told me to just put some oil into the main chamber and cock it a couple times. I'm just wondering what else I need to do?

I'm wanting to go paintballing again in 2 weeks and i really do not want to spend too much right now.

Thanks, Ken

Why not just take it apart and clean + lube it? It's actually pretty easy, just watch some videos on youtube. I learned how to do it in 5 min, very beginner friendly.

K-bad 09-24-2012 11:04 PM

^ Okay, I will give it a try. Thanks for the tips guys!

JKam 10-16-2012 08:45 AM

Anyone getting in some paintball time before the heavy rains of fall? My group is trying to get a couple sessions but weekends are always raining :(

btw... picked up a LNIB Axe for $350 the other day. I love it so much I'm thinking about joining my buddies speedball team haha.

JKam 11-05-2012 02:54 PM

anyone want to start up a (RS?) team for VPL next year? Will be Div 3 probably unless my buddies in D2 come in..

This will be my first year playing speedball.

Xzecution'R 11-05-2012 06:16 PM

where do u usually play? i'm always looking for more people to shoot with.

JKam 11-06-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xzecution'R (Post 8074155)
where do u usually play? i'm always looking for more people to shoot with.

normally play woodsball with a private group. Trying to find people (noobs) to speedball with though.

Xzecution'R 11-06-2012 09:01 PM

let me know when and where and i'm in.

yuusha 11-07-2012 01:45 AM

If you guys are doing paintball post it on here, i'd love to join for some woodsball. Maybe we can hit up Ambush?

Xzecution'R 11-07-2012 03:39 AM

im down for either I got a pump with 0 kills waiting to be broken in :D

Xzecution'R 11-08-2012 08:42 PM

anyone wanna go to RIP this weekend? i'm free after 6 from tomorrow til monday.

toyobaru 01-21-2013 02:37 PM

Anyone looking for some milsim paintball guns? I have a few I want to offload.