REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   paintballing (https://www.revscene.net/forums/486664-paintballing.html)

ewong 08-12-2007 08:58 PM

paintballing

So my friend and I finally went paintballing the other day, and I gotta say. It's something I think I'm willing to cough up some money for a starter's kit, so I don't have to use the off centered guns that the paintball place has for rent.

Anyways I'm just wondering if the starter kit from walmart is one worth buying or should I consider another one I found on ebay?

walmart

ebay

GMx2 08-13-2007 08:35 AM

no.. if u wanna buy paintball gear go to a offical paintball gear reseller store.. DO not buy that kit from walmart, u will regret it when u take it onto the field.. and ebay sellers tend to sell broken junk or junk that isnt worth that price (american to Canadian dollar) + shipping

www.paintballgear.ca
www.buypbl-paintball.com
www.badlandspaintball.com

Hondaracer 08-13-2007 11:21 AM

www.pbnation.com - is THE internet forum for paintball

as for a starter gun, i would recomend a Smart parts ION, u should be able to get a full setup for under 500$ including tank and mask

this is my marker i bought this year, first year i bought my own:

http://www.spittin-knowledge.com/photos/ego.jpg

and here's some battle wounds i took pics for for Pbnation i got yesterday at Tswaseen PB lol

http://www.spittin-knowledge.com/photos/morepain.jpg

GMx2 08-15-2007 09:44 AM

the ion is a wonderful gun but the price maybe tooooo much for a beginner that wanna get the feel of the game..

i would recommend a tippman x7, or A4 or A5, 98 and 98 custom.. or you could get a kingman VS series, MR series.

http://www.paintballgear.ca/product/...Path=157_31_38

buy this now u get a free co2 bottle. pilot is not a bad gun, it already has a ACS (anti chop bolt) and its electronic trigger. for this price its totally worth it... all u need is a mask and a hopper and ur in the game.

ewong 08-15-2007 01:14 PM

I was at the paintball store in richmond at aberdeen centre yesterday. At first the guy told me about the starter package they had for sale. It was the Spyder VS1 starter package with the 12 oz co2 tank, mask and standard loader. The package was about $200 before tax

I was tempted to get that package, but then the guy tried to sell me one of the BT-4 guns freak. He wanted to sell me either the BT-4 Banshee or Iron Horse with silencer, scope and lazer for $500 hahaha.

GMx2 08-15-2007 01:44 PM

i just bought a vs3 marker, all the VS series marker are great for beginners..... vs1 starter package for 200$ before taxes is pretty decent since the gun itself its about 170$ and a co2 tank costs about 20-30$ and a mask 40-60$ so ur actually saving alot buying that package than buying seperately.

Hondaracer 08-15-2007 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GMx2
the ion is a wonderful gun but the price maybe tooooo much for a beginner that wanna get the feel of the game..

i would recommend a tippman x7, or A4 or A5, 98 and 98 custom.. or you could get a kingman VS series, MR series.

http://www.paintballgear.ca/product/...Path=157_31_38

buy this now u get a free co2 bottle. pilot is not a bad gun, it already has a ACS (anti chop bolt) and its electronic trigger. for this price its totally worth it... all u need is a mask and a hopper and ur in the game.

X7 is a pretty pricey recomendation

GMx2 08-15-2007 04:52 PM

i just threw that out cuz i love the x7 its compact and accurate, thats the next gun i gotta get when the electronic trigger is avaliable.

ewong 08-15-2007 05:14 PM

accurate hahaha. I dunno I was reading how there is only so much any good gun will do. But if you can't hit a broad side of a barn. No matter how good the acc on the gun, u still might sux hahaha

btw of all the local paintball fields in vancouver, which one you guys best recommend? I've been looking at the most popular one Tsawwassen, but I have no idea wut guns they use and I heard they don't shoot straight at all.

Ambush uses tippmann 98s

Wut guns do Northshore uses?

Anyways, I'm planning to setting up a group event with my friends. so which place would you guys recommend?

GMx2 08-15-2007 07:00 PM

most rentals are BT 98 customs.

Tiphness 08-15-2007 07:37 PM

north shore uses 98s too. i have a bt5 that is awesome. need a barrell though.

Hondaracer 08-16-2007 05:38 PM

Tsawwassen is the best field imo, very professionaly run, very fun to play at, and i really like the setup they have there

for gun owners, the best field is Tactical, which is only open on saturdays, and for gun owners only, it's also in Tsawwassen

ewong 08-18-2007 12:34 AM

wut type of field do you guys usually play casually? Speed or Woodland?

Hondaracer 08-18-2007 11:33 AM

woodsball, personally i think speedball is the gayest thing since richard simons

GMx2 08-18-2007 09:39 PM

woodsball all the way.

ewong 08-19-2007 02:43 PM

ah. Ok, so one last question I got. So on all the paintball sites, they state that you cant use outside paintballs in their field. Why is this and what happens if you and your friends bring some in anyways?

GMx2 08-19-2007 06:36 PM

they will confiscate it, if they see it, and u get kicked off the field. *even though u paid the 15$ entrance fee*

ewong 08-19-2007 06:39 PM

Really? So what do you guys do when you guys do a group booking for paintballing?

KLOv3 08-20-2007 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hondaracer
woodsball, personally i think speedball is the gayest thing since richard simons
Why is speedball gay ?

incubus 08-20-2007 01:51 PM

whoa i play speed...

northshore use tipman 98s they gotta clean theyre barrells lol.

x7 is just kinda pricey expensive and heavy get an a-5 perfect for woods

Xnova 08-20-2007 05:13 PM

anybody know where i can get a used marker for around $200? im looking for a semi/realistic marker that have a decent accuracy.

im still choked that my friend got a BT4 iron horse for 180. thats a god damn steal

ewong 08-20-2007 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mugen
anybody know where i can get a used marker for around $200? im looking for a semi/realistic marker that have a decent accuracy.

im still choked that my friend got a BT4 iron horse for 180. thats a god damn steal

Wg-47

Is this what you were looking for?

Xnova 08-21-2007 12:37 AM

thats ok. not a fan of 47s though. looking for smgs or rifles

incubus 08-21-2007 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ewong
ah. Ok, so one last question I got. So on all the paintball sites, they state that you cant use outside paintballs in their field. Why is this and what happens if you and your friends bring some in anyways?
thats how they make profit. speedball is bring your own paint at ambush :)

a case of rec(woodsball shit paint) 120

a good case of marbillizer 60-70 (which i love to death and is perfect for its price, never broke or had jams in my halo wit this paint) i recommnd this to anyone especially speedball players who dont wanna spend too much (use a .692 bore its a perfect match)

note-if you wanna go expensive chronic,evil and gold xball and dxs are pretty good

modaracer wat happend to your ion? why use a ego for woods not speed lol:confused: anyways its still a sick gun

Hondaracer 08-21-2007 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lustful-trance

modaracer wat happend to your ion? why use a ego for woods not speed lol:confused: anyways its still a sick gun

my ion's my backup now :P

i love using the ego for woodsball, mainly because when i'm stuck in a bad position or i know i can assault and use my position as an advantage, there's nothin like lighting up a group of 4+ guys behind a tree/bunker with 20bps :D :D