REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 09-27-2007, 05:00 PM   #101
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
anyone getting Disc Unreadable message??

damn !!!

I got mine at EB if that matters.

I play it on the 360.
Advertisement
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:34 PM   #102
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

ya im getting it alot if i just play the computer never online or against a friend
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:38 PM   #103
Banned (ABWS)

whoa, has anyone tried the dysnasty mode? im using the canucks right now, and everytime i sim the games. I get a 90% chance of losing with comp coming back from a 4-1 lead and beat me in OT..
Seamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 12:16 AM   #104
RS controls my life!

^^sounds like the canucks all right

What the fuck makes you think you have the right to fuck with anyone's food? FOR YOUR FUCKING INFORMATION, the restaurant closes 10 mins after I get in, not 10 mins before. If the front of the line staff feel like serving me, then you're shit out of luck and you better make my food and make it right. You're just someone's bitch, don't act like you're the biggest motherfucker in town because you can fuck with someones food.[/QUOTE]
agentcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:46 AM   #105
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,275 Times in 434 Posts
How is NHL 08? I can't decide whether to get this or PGR 4. From what I have seen it looks really good. But I still can't decide.
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 01:38 AM   #106
easy e

... nhl 07 question.. can you update rosters on the ps2?
Old 10-06-2007, 04:28 PM   #107

just played 5min of the PC version of NHL 08 and i think it sucks.. it's exactly the same as nhl 07
icemiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 05:04 PM   #108
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,277 Times in 1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by icemiko
just played 5min of the PC version of NHL 08 and i think it sucks.. it's exactly the same as nhl 07
Add some mods to it. I've modded my NHL since 07 and it looks 10x better than what EA ships with.

Identical ice to real arenas, new cyberfaces and facepacks, better rosters, realistic soundpacks, custom menus, better jerseys, etc.

The only thing missing right now is Iam's TCE for 08 (Total Control Editor) used to tweak the AI.

Here are some screenshots of my modded NHL08. (Yes, that's Luongo actual helmet, albeit the old one)

Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.

Last edited by Razor Ramon HG; 10-06-2007 at 05:08 PM.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 06:45 PM   #109

^

where did you get those mods for the pads and mask???

and 1 more thing.. WTF i can't believe nhl08 doesn't suppose widescreen resolutions !!!
Old 10-06-2007, 06:46 PM   #110
Say! Say! Say!

I used NHL Project 07 - Goalies.

They support it if you do a little of tweaking. Get Wide 08 from Sportsgamer or NHLDepot.
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:12 PM   #111

cool thanks man, i'll try that out
Old 10-06-2007, 09:43 PM   #112
RS controls my life!

lol BennyBoy, u got gaborik on the Canucks??? luongo looks like he's wearing jeans in the second pic

What the fuck makes you think you have the right to fuck with anyone's food? FOR YOUR FUCKING INFORMATION, the restaurant closes 10 mins after I get in, not 10 mins before. If the front of the line staff feel like serving me, then you're shit out of luck and you better make my food and make it right. You're just someone's bitch, don't act like you're the biggest motherfucker in town because you can fuck with someones food.[/QUOTE]
Old 10-06-2007, 10:10 PM   #113
Say! Say! Say!

I'm playing with the Fantasy Draft option in Dynasty Mode.

Yeah, I'm currently using EA Sport's jerseys at the moment. Haven't updated to the better custom ones yet.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:59 PM   #114
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

did anyone answer if ppl on differant console could play wit each other

im planning to get it sometime this week
t~prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 11:14 PM   #115
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally posted by rsx
anyone getting Disc Unreadable message??

damn !!!

I got mine at EB if that matters.

I play it on the 360.
ive gotten the same message a few times while playing in dynasty mode with my cousin. Seems like it always happens when we're spanking the computer too....argghh

i got mine from FS when it first came out, so i think ill email EA about this issue.
sil-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 08:37 PM   #116
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally posted by BennyBoy
I'm playing with the Fantasy Draft option in Dynasty Mode.

Yeah, I'm currently using EA Sport's jerseys at the moment. Haven't updated to the better custom ones yet.
modding the pc version of 08 so much.. have u tried it on next gen? u'll find it doesnt need AI modding/tweaking at all
two thumbs up for AI learning.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:55 PM   #117
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally posted by ienhz
this game is a blast to play. you guys must not be very bright if you can't figure out the controls, because the skill stick OWNS the hell out of that shitty ass "PRO STICK" crap from 2k8. the classic controls suit me perfectly fine. i'm not sure how the 360 version "seems worse" than the ps3 one when they're the exact same game.

only thing i wish they did was add the block passing lane button to the classic controls, then it would be perfect. oh and my other complaint is that the computer cycles the puck way too fast at superhuman speeds while my teammates just stand there watching.
the computer still never really scores though no matter how much they cycle the puck. lol

this game is all about aiming your shots glove side.
mr85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:31 PM   #118
Banned (ABWS)

does anybody know how to make profit in dynasty mode? im like 1st in the league in standings and my ticket prices are like the cheapest yet i always rank last in profit..wtf? i won a stanley cup and my cap space only increased by a mil
Old 10-10-2007, 03:02 PM   #119
RS controls my life!

dude u RAISE ur ticket prices to make profit

Old 10-10-2007, 04:20 PM   #120
Banned (ABWS)

no one shows up if u raise
Old 10-10-2007, 04:28 PM   #121
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
Originally posted by cloud02
modding the pc version of 08 so much.. have u tried it on next gen? u'll find it doesnt need AI modding/tweaking at all
two thumbs up for AI learning.
Modding so much? The reason we mod it is because we can and that's something you cannot do in NHL08 for NG.

You're stuck with everything it is shipped with. You can't get rosters besides the EA ones, you can't update arenas to look authentic, you can't update the sideboards, you can't add in cyberfaces or new goalie pads/masks, etc.

Last edited by Razor Ramon HG; 10-10-2007 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:42 PM   #122
JqC
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Does anyone here play online regularly?
JqC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 01:38 AM   #123
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally posted by BennyBoy
Modding so much? The reason we mod it is because we can and that's something you cannot do in NHL08 for NG.

You're stuck with everything it is shipped with. You can't get rosters besides the EA ones, you can't update arenas to look authentic, you can't update the sideboards, you can't add in cyberfaces or new goalie pads/masks, etc.
sideboards, cyberfaces, pads etc. those are all aesthetics and presentation. it's definitely a bonus to be able to customize those to their real-life counterparts (on the pc) but i was talking about the AI learning in NG--gameplay, specifically. i'm not sure if the mods can tweak the player behavior on the pc to par with NG.

Old 10-13-2007, 01:43 AM   #124
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally posted by Seamo
no one shows up if u raise
increase fan giveaways!!

Old 10-14-2007, 03:00 PM   #125
Banned (ABWS)

ok, when is the roster update for the ps3 coming out? i dont have patrick kane and mason raymond -.-