REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-12-2007, 09:53 AM   #51
No Titles Given

One time I got a ticket from DPS because the company lot I was in couldnt get me a monthly pass that particular day.

I just laughed and ignored the ticket..Later that year they spent money to get a collection agency after me on my first time offence. I eventually faxed them my parking pass. In conclusion, just a waste of everybodys time.
Advertisement
synchrocone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:45 PM   #52
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

We're not promoting members to NOT pay for parking, rather - reduce the punishment from the actual fine to a lesser one. (ie. $50 to $18). We're just trying to help out other RS members.

If you have a car, you should damn well have money to pay for parking.

On the odd occasion where you forget to pay or time expires or you take the risk of not paying for those nervous 5 minutes and you get a ticket in a private parking lot, I'm just saying I'd rather see you pay $18 to ICBC to change your "lost/stolen" plates, rather than fucking evil corporate Impark/Diamond from cashing in.

If you get a parking ticket from the CITY - YOU MUST PAY THIS! You can dispute these but it's really not worth your time, and these will come back to haunt you later if you don't pay. So if you absolutely can't pay for parking on city property, park your car in a private lot.
My RS Buy/Sell Feedback
CRiXy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:16 AM   #53
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

I don't get how changing your plate works. If they were able to get your info from your plates the first time, why wouldn't they be able to get your info after your plates are changed? I'm assuming they call ICBC for the info... and they're not retarded. They probably have a record of who owned that plate at the time of the ticket.

Just very curious as to how this scheme works.
Oh and do you have to change your plate before they check, with i'm assuming ICBC, or when ever you want to avoid collection letters/calls
pyroboi604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:46 AM   #54
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
it's just to protect yourself from being towed, and just ignore all the calls and letters
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:05 PM   #55
Lomac owned my ass at least once

I'm happy, Wiggins finally stopped calling me. haven't received a phone call in a couple weeks.
AdamR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 05:56 PM   #56

Private companies are only threatening you with "collection agencies", they don't really have the time or money to send ppl after you b/c they are already making a killing from their parking lot everyday.
My RS Buy/Sell Feedback
Old 12-22-2007, 05:58 PM   #57

On another note, I went to court on Dec. 19 to dispute a city parking ticket I got in Burnaby way back in Jan. 2007, parking dude didn't show up - WOOHOO saved $50!

In any case, there is always a chance they won't show up in court and you get away... however if you have a good job and are really busy, I highly recommend just paying the city parking fine early to get the discount b/c you probably make more money working than taking the day off and going downtown to court.
My RS Buy/Sell Feedback
Old 02-05-2008, 06:04 AM   #58
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Wow, I guess I better pay the $45 parking ticket I got while parked in a No Parking Zone in Downtown Vancouver this weekend. I was gone for three minutes. Come back, there's the ticket on the windshield. A nice printed one. I sit in the car reading this thing when a tow truck comes by. We're talking less than a minute from the time I get into the car. I wave and he smiles and drives off. If I had been in the store for more than four minutes, I would have had the car towed away. My fault anyway. Lesson learned. Out of curiosity, what would happen if you didn't pay the ticket? After 30 days, the fine goes up to 90 bucks. Would they come after you for one ticket?
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:19 AM   #59
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

if it's a city parking ticket, I believe when you renew your license/insurance they MAKE you pay

if its impark or something, then just don't park in their lots anymore or they could tow you for being on private property (IIRC)
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:13 PM   #60
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally posted by Lomac
That's just you being a fucking stupid idiotic cunt.

Don't think my polite words are there to simply mask the distaste I have for you right now.
alright so i have to defend myself and i guess i should explain why i park there. When you have to load a dodge carvan full of bankers box's of old files do i a) block the lane or B) park in the handicap spot for 10-15 min while i load the car... i'd rather not hold up 6 other people from getting out of there spots so i choose b). WHen i go there it tends to be later at night, not during peak hours when chances of a handicaped customer are less likely. jesus fuck you guys jump to conclusions so fast and i guess this timeits my fault for not saying why but common...
95redrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #61
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

There is an easy way to get these people to stop calling.

According to the BUSINESS PRACTICES AND CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT;

(4) A collector must not continue to communicate with a debtor
(a) except in writing, if the debtor
(i) $has notified the collector to communicate in writing only, and
(ii) $has provided a mailing address at which the debtor may be contacted,

see this link: http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bcl...eside/04002_09

Simply send the collections agency a fax stating you wish to be contacted by written correspondence ONLY and state the mailing address at which they can send mail to you. Provide your full name and be sure to clearly note what matter pertains to (i.e. parking ticket for license plate number ABC 123) sign the fax, and record the date you sent it. Keep the fax. You also need to send the same fax to the creditor (i.e. the parking lot company such as Diamond Parking).

If by chance they are calling you about a parking ticket from Diamond Parking, in the same fax, tell them you wish to dispute the ticket and all related charges in court. They wont take you to court because it's your word against theirs, they won't win. Even if they tried the cost of pursuing the matter in court far exceeds the sum they can hope to recover.

Lastly, a parking ticket and fine from a private parking lot WILL NOT and CAN NOT affect your credit rating. You did not borrow money from them and not pay it back. Parking tickets from the city or a government entity, however, is a different story.
baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: