REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Best Pho Restaurants (https://www.revscene.net/forums/508294-best-pho-restaurants.html)

phunky.FOB 06-05-2011 11:48 PM

@FlyNvBaller never tried your store before Im gonna make a trip there soon!!! gonna order a bun bo hue extra spicy! with soda chanh muoi ! yum yumm

FlyNvBaller 06-06-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phunky.FOB (Post 7461220)
@FlyNvBaller never tried your store before Im gonna make a trip there soon!!! gonna order a bun bo hue extra spicy! with soda chanh muoi ! yum yumm

haha that a boy. I love people who love super spicy. all the sweat and tissue paper they use up.
Soda Chanh muoi so goood......yet so many people dunno about it

Jayboogz 06-06-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyNvBaller (Post 7462235)
haha that a boy. I love people who love super spicy. all the sweat and tissue paper they use up.
Soda Chanh muoi so goood......yet so many people dunno about it

Where's your store located?? Planning on going tmr probs
Posted via RS Mobile

FlyNvBaller 06-06-2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayboogz (Post 7462249)
Where's your store located?? Planning on going tmr probs
Posted via RS Mobile

beside dairy queen 34th and victoria.
we're closed tuesdays since 2 weeks ago.
my family needs a break once a week.....

Meowjin 06-08-2011 03:25 PM

FlyNvBaller

Went to your place today. I was the dude with the Canucks sweater that was signed.

Had the cao lao and my friend had the mi quang.

First

the place is really clean

second

This place has the most intresting clientelle. Saw a nammer auntie with some awesome fake guns.

third. The noodles were awesome. it came together well. The reason I love this dish so much, is because the greens with the limited soup base, make this an awesome hot day dish especially when you eat the bits of mint that's in it. The only thing that I would have changed personally is the crispy rice cracker. It needs to be deep fried wonton chips. But i'm so glad you have it. The closest i've had finding it has been the cambodian place just a block over who do a really good dry noodle too. PLus after I ate it I felt fantastic and nostalgic of vietnam. Can't explain it but some foods just make me really really happy and it put a great smile on my face, and I've been happy for the rest of the day.

My friend said the mi quang was "different" for him, which usually means it was good.

I'm definetly going to be a return customer. Next week i'm going to try the bun bo hue. Plus your sister was cute :D

bcrdukes 06-08-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajinHurricane (Post 7464431)
Plus your sister was cute :D

LOL WTF :lol :moderatorban: :D

K-Dub 06-08-2011 08:27 PM

^ LOOOOL.

Vansterdam, Majin, bcrdukes, let's go for dinner one night boys.

Meowjin 06-10-2011 02:23 AM

hey im down, how about sunday? ill take a break from my essay writing.

Jayboogz 06-10-2011 05:50 AM

Man I've been bunbohue deprived for a month been crab fishing with my pops out in tofino ima get that shit the next time I offload in van.
Posted via RS Mobile

Vansterdam 06-10-2011 06:40 AM

^jasonV? if so hook up some crabs mannnnn!
the bun bo hue is def worth it :D

majin im down for sunday if everyone else is :)

Jayboogz 06-10-2011 08:01 AM

Yee dawG ahahha sure I might be back in town around monday ish hopefully not tuesday so I can try this new place out ahhahahaha pm me ur #

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vansterdam (Post 7466884)
^jasonV? if so hook up some crabs mannnnn!
the bun bo hue is def worth it :D

majin im down for sunday if everyone else is :)

Posted via RS Mobile

CRS 06-10-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-Dub (Post 7465075)
^ LOOOOL.

Vansterdam, Majin, bcrdukes, let's go for dinner one night boys.

Thanks for the invite... Jerk.

bcrdukes 06-10-2011 03:32 PM

You can go in place of me. :)

FlyNvBaller 06-10-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 7467299)
Thanks for the invite... Jerk.

is everyone going for the food or my sisters?

bcrdukes 06-10-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyNvBaller (Post 7467322)
sisters?

Wut? :D :fullofwin: :woot2: :drool :o :rofl: :eek: :wiggle: :angel: :spin: :buttrock:

instantneedles 06-10-2011 11:26 PM

Recently opened pho restaurant by copa cafe at coquitlam.. Cant rly recall the name, it was something along the lines of pho thien... the restaurant smelled like bleach and washroom, but the service and food definetly compensated it well... Unlike other pho restaurants, this place puts alot more meat per bowl...it was a rly filling meal.. Craving for some more... I usually dont leave a pho restaurant full, even with the largest size available.. So you can imagine how big of an eater I am.. I left the place without any room left in my stomach to make excuses for more orders....the large sizw filled me up well..

CRS 06-11-2011 12:24 AM

Quote:

Wait, what restaurant is it again?

:fullofwin:

welfare 06-11-2011 01:18 AM

pho thai son on broadway, just east of kingsway is pretty gooooood

Meowjin 06-11-2011 06:09 AM

Quote:

Both?

Jayboogz 06-11-2011 12:02 PM

I'm dere right now! Haha
Posted via RS Mobile

djm 06-11-2011 12:47 PM

any recommendations for pho in Paris?

Shades 06-11-2011 01:14 PM

^I don't know about Pho in Paris but if you're going to Berlin, I know a Vietnamese town that local Germans don't even know about. Best pho I had in my life but it's 6 Euro per bowl.

bcrdukes 06-11-2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djm (Post 7468353)
any recommendations for pho in Paris?

Pho in Paris is very different than what you get here in North America. I had pho in Paris once (I don't remember the location) but everything from the broth, the noodles, and beef were very different. My apologies as this isn't the answer you were looking for. :p

Just go out and try pho wherever you see a Vietnamese restaurant in Paris. They're scattered throughout the city and the people there are extremely friendly. :)

Vansterdam 06-11-2011 02:14 PM

i want to try vietsub in paris :)

djm 06-11-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 7468376)
Pho in Paris is very different than what you get here in North America. I had pho in Paris once (I don't remember the location) but everything from the broth, the noodles, and beef were very different. My apologies as this isn't the answer you were looking for. :p

Just go out and try pho wherever you see a Vietnamese restaurant in Paris. They're scattered throughout the city and the people there are extremely friendly. :)

Got it. Was looking for recc's (cheap/big/delicious) for good pho, Euro/Parisienne influence, whatever that may be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shades (Post 7468375)
^I don't know about Pho in Paris but if you're going to Berlin, I know a Vietnamese town that local Germans don't even know about. Best pho I had in my life but it's 6 Euro per bowl.

Will probably roll through Berlin sometime. Where's the place?